PDA

View Full Version : Kirk Threatened To Be Split Over Appointment Of Gay Minister

Arthur Little
21st May 2009, 08:36
Today marks the opening of the annual General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, in Edinburgh. High on the Agenda is what is expected to be a fiery debate on whether or not the Kirk should "ignore" traditional Biblical teachings and proceed with the ordination and induction of homosexuals to the clergy.

This follows hard on the heels of the controversial move to appoint an openly-gay minister to a charge in Aberdeen.

Given that the vast majority of Filipinos are inherently Roman Catholic - and hence the issue might seem to be of less relevance to non-Protestant faiths - it would, nevertheless, be interesting to hear the views of all practising denominations [or none].

aromulus
21st May 2009, 08:48
Today marks the opening of the annual General Assembly of the Church of Scotland, in Edinburgh. High on the Agenda is what is expected to be a fiery debate on whether or not the Kirk should "ignore" traditional Biblical teachings and proceed with the ordination and induction of homosexuals to the clergy.

This follows hard on the heels of the controversial move to appoint an openly-gay minister to a charge in Aberdeen.

Given that the vast majority of Filipinos are inherently Roman Catholic - and hence the issue might seem to be of less relevance to non-Protestant faiths - it would, nevertheless, be interesting to hear the views of all practising denominations [or none].

Hypocrisy at its best, I reckon.:doh

bornatbirth
21st May 2009, 10:59
seems like a nice boy? :action-smiley-081:

i think the fear is in themselfs when they think of gay people,i have know many when i lived in london and never got :action-smiley-081:.

i think to many have a alf garnet view on gay people? :NoNo: