PDA

View Full Version : Provisional license

aug06_2006
23rd May 2009, 19:10
Halu, i was just reciv my provisional driving license and ummm, i got confused coz my middle name when i was a single its appeared in my lincense.

silver13
23rd May 2009, 21:02
Hi Lisa, long time no hear :-) Congratulations for your provisional licence. I think you better get in touch with them and check. Speak to you sometime :-)

Mrs Daddy
23rd May 2009, 21:05
Halu, i was just reciv my provisional driving license and ummm, i got confused coz my middle name when i was a single its appeared in my lincense.

you must have put it down for them to put it!cost mine it appeared my maiden name and my married name on it!

vbkelly
23rd May 2009, 21:28
you must have put it down for them to put it!cost mine it appeared my maiden name and my married name on it!

you'll be lucky you have one me nope, anyway goodluck ladies!

Mrs Daddy
23rd May 2009, 21:32
you'll be lucky you have one me nope, anyway goodluck ladies!

Thanks t bhing:) Happy Birthday nga pala to you:Hellooo:

vbkelly
23rd May 2009, 21:34
Thanks t bhing:) Happy Birthday nga pala to you:Hellooo:

thank you sis

lost_bulak
23rd May 2009, 23:05

I think in the application form they were asking for middle name and you know in the Philippines if they ask for it, it means maiden name. As in here if they ask for middle name it means second name so it's a mind-boggling. Don't worry, you're not the only one because I got it on my license as well.

Mrs Daddy
23rd May 2009, 23:09
I think its not that big deal!so no worries:D

Terrielicious
24th May 2009, 22:15
i applied for provisional license sent a completion form, pic and a passport and i recieved a letter after a week telling me that document not enclosed :( lost my passport now:(

aug06_2006
25th May 2009, 17:31
Hi Lisa, long time no hear :-) Congratulations for your provisional licence. I think you better get in touch with them and check. Speak to you sometime :-)

Tnx, Ann. how r u and Paul? We hope u are both fine. Ingatz!

aug06_2006
25th May 2009, 17:38
tnx guys... I have a peace of mine now hehehe!

joebloggs
25th May 2009, 18:29
i applied for provisional license sent a completion form, pic and a passport and i recieved a letter after a week telling me that document not enclosed :( lost my passport now:(

always make a copy and scan all your valuable documents, it could save you a lot of problems if any become lost later.. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
25th May 2009, 18:38

I was also worried sending orig docs via post, but other friend of mine send it by registered mail, wonder if it makes difference:Erm:

joebloggs
25th May 2009, 18:45
I was also worried sending orig docs via post, but other friend of mine send it by registered mail, wonder if it makes difference:Erm:

valuable docs, use special delivery,

# Guaranteed delivery by 9.00am
# Guaranteed Saturday Delivery for a small surcharge
# Coverage across the UK*
# Online tracking
# Electronic Proof of Delivery
# Up to £2,500 compensation cover

sooner they get it, the less time for it to get lost, but then it doesn't help if who you're sending it loses it :doh.

maybe they will find your passport soon :rolleyes:

Alec&Davina
26th May 2009, 09:38

have u tried communicating with them?

sweet_cookie08
1st June 2009, 16:16
hello! :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

Need help regarding sending the original passport for identification in applying for the provisional license. Is there any other way that I can show to them my passport or just send them my International driving license? I'm really hesitant posting it to them as I had bad experiences recently sending details to post in applying for a bank account. It happened 2x already when my application form, docs (though photocopy) and other details were lost on the post! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:.

Now, my biggest fear is sending my original passport to DVLA as a proof of identity. I've got other visa's there as well so it will be a total disaster if ever it will be lost (though i'm just thinking of the worst scenario). What should I do to ensure though that my passport will be returned to me in one piece? How about if I go to Wimbledon, can I request for a recorded/special post there? Need help as my hubby paid for the £50 already.

Many thanks in advance. :cwm12:

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2009, 16:45
I know you can send it by registered post, registered it:Erm: and yes better not send original one especially passport, ewwwww

Ann07
1st June 2009, 17:20

Need help regarding sending the original passport for identification in applying for the provisional license. Is there any other way that I can show to them my passport or just send them my International driving license? I'm really hesitant posting it to them as I had bad experiences recently sending details to post in applying for a bank account. It happened 2x already when my application form, docs (though photocopy) and other details were lost on the post! :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:.

Now, my biggest fear is sending my original passport to DVLA as a proof of identity. I've got other visa's there as well so it will be a total disaster if ever it will be lost (though i'm just thinking of the worst scenario). What should I do to ensure though that my passport will be returned to me in one piece? How about if I go to Wimbledon, can I request for a recorded/special post there? Need help as my hubby paid for the £50 already.

I did mine thru post when i applied my Provi lic.They will send it using thier own but I just included a prepaid special delivery envelope for my docs to be returned to be in a safe side even if i pay extra. I always use special delivery and never had any problem with it.

You can apply in person if you live close to the dvla office not just in swansea they have a list in their site that you can find which is closer to your place and you dont have to send the docs by post at all. They will just check it and give all your docs back straight away.

How did your hubby paid the £50?

IainBusby
2nd June 2009, 08:27
I did mine thru post when i applied my Provi lic.They will send it using thier own but I just included a prepaid special delivery envelope for my docs to be returned to be in a safe side even if i pay extra. I always use special delivery and never had any problem with it.

You can apply in person if you live close to the dvla office not just in swansea they have a list in their site that you can find which is closer to your place and you dont have to send the docs by post at all. They will just check it and give all your docs back straight away.

That's what we done when we applied for Louella's provisional licence, we went to our regional DVLA which is in Birmingham. It's a bit of a hassle but it's better than losing your passport.

Iain.

Ann07
2nd June 2009, 14:37
That's what we done when we applied for Louella's provisional licence, we went to our regional DVLA which is in Birmingham. It's a bit of a hassle but it's better than losing your passport.

Iain.

Thats a better idea Iain:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I got my provi lic so fast just for a week then a day after the docs:)

sweet_cookie08
3rd June 2009, 10:20

Hi Ann,

My hubby paid the £50 online. How long would it take to process your docs when you go directly to the local dvla, whole day or just a couple of hours? We are near Wimbledon so I'm thinking of going there directly. I'm really hesitant posting my passport to swansea.

thanks for the advice.

sweet_cookie08
3rd June 2009, 10:43
I phoned the DVLA's customer service and was advised that since I'm holding a Philippine passport, it needs to be sent to Swansea for verification. :( I've asked the agent if its possible to just go to Wimbledon local office and show them my docs and passport instead of sending it to swansea and he said that i need to send it to the main office. Maybe they change the procedures already.

Ann07
3rd June 2009, 12:11
Hi Ann,

My hubby paid the £50 online. How long would it take to process your docs when you go directly to the local dvla, whole day or just a couple of hours? We are near Wimbledon so I'm thinking of going there directly. I'm really hesitant posting my passport to swansea.

thanks for the advice.

I see. Not long if you have an appoinment coz a friend of mine applied personally since she is not yet here for 2 years. She decided to go staright to the nearest dvla office. And thats what I understood in the website too. Iain and Louella did the same. I dont think they change the rule coz its still the same in the site.

Try to phone them again and tell them about it.

I know what you feel sending the passport. But been doing that manytimes special delivery and enclosed a prepaid special delivery.

Ann07
3rd June 2009, 12:29
I phoned the DVLA's customer service and was advised that since I'm holding a Philippine passport, it needs to be sent to Swansea for verification. :( I've asked the agent if its possible to just go to Wimbledon local office and show them my docs and passport instead of sending it to swansea and he said that i need to send it to the main office. Maybe they change the procedures already.

Why dont u try phoning the DVLA in wimbledon:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/DG_10011255

Ann07
3rd June 2009, 12:33
By the way..

I tried doing that online application but didnt push through coz u must have the ff:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/BeforeyouapplyA/DG_10032690

Since im holding a PHIL passport so no chance:doh

Mrs.JMajor
3rd June 2009, 17:28
UK passport or any valid Identity will do....I am not sure, if she had the ICFN Identity card for foreign natinal, is it wont still do Ann ?

Ann07
4th June 2009, 09:46
UK passport or any valid Identity will do....I am not sure, if she had the ICFN Identity card for foreign natinal, is it wont still do Ann ?

They only specify which country those who have the national idenity card.
Its always complicated if u r holding a Phil passport:doh:doh:doh:doh

aug06_2006
7th June 2009, 11:58

Hello sweet_cookie! mine, I sent my passport, our marriage license and cheque for payment cost £50. My hubby just posted it and he asked a request for special post. anyway, good luck!