PDA

View Full Version : What can we learn from the Philippines?

Eljohno
23rd May 2009, 20:20
I know there is a thread on what we can bring to the Philippines but what can we learn from the Philippines and the Filipino people?

I will start of by simply saying that people in the UK could simply learn to smile more no matter what difficultly they are going through!!

Sophie
23rd May 2009, 20:33
I know there is a thread on what we can bring to the Philippines but what can we learn from the Philippines

HMMMM....:Erm::Erm: THAT FILIPINAS MAKE A VERY GOOD WIFE???? :D:Hellooo::icon_lol:

bornatbirth
23rd May 2009, 20:34
yep! we could learn however bad life can get we can always smile! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

we could charge alot less for our meat and fish?

and finally always agree with our wifes? :)

Piamed
23rd May 2009, 20:54
Many in the UK, not all, could relearn the value of the extended family.

Jamesey
23rd May 2009, 20:58
Some people in the UK need to appreciate what they have, especially those who moan and complain about the country all the time!

Mrs Daddy
23rd May 2009, 21:03
Friendly and HOspitable!:)

Sophie
23rd May 2009, 21:04
My hubby used to visit me in manila back then and he often joke about how Philippines is an 'ORGANIZED CHAOS". :Erm: I suppose that's one of the things he learned? :D:icon_lol:

jimcarie
23rd May 2009, 23:43
the youngsters in uk could learn to respect there elders a little more.
mind you, cant blame the youngsters to much if they havent been brought up to respect elders

bring back the cane at school :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
23rd May 2009, 23:49

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
24th May 2009, 00:33
mind you, cant blame the youngsters to much if they havent been brought up to respect elders

:icon_lol::icon_lol: spare a rod, spoil a child :omg::D:D:D:omg:

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 11:26
Respectful youngsters in Pinas?:icon_lol: I was surrounded by a group of "Rugby boys" in Davao who demanded my money :icon_lol: and some young girl,maybe 12 years old?Screetched "Son of a bitch" at me in Manila when I wouldnt buy an armful of roses from her :icon_lol:Kids are kids wherever you go in the world,some good,some bad,lots of respectful kids in my area :)

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 11:29
As for the cane,if a teacher physically harmed my son I hope they are prepared for the consequences,I was beaten often as a kid,both by my parents and teachers,one teacher was so guilty after he burst my nose with a vicious backhander he even came to my house after school to apologise :icon_lol: I think he realised he went a bit to far :Erm:I dont hit my kid myself so why should someone else?I havent actually had to headbutt a teacher yet however.

Eljohno
24th May 2009, 19:20
Respectful youngsters in Pinas?:icon_lol: I was surrounded by a group of "Rugby boys" in Davao who demanded my money :icon_lol: and some young girl,maybe 12 years old?Screetched "Son of a bitch" at me in Manila when I wouldnt buy an armful of roses from her :icon_lol:Kids are kids wherever you go in the world,some good,some bad,lots of respectful kids in my area :)

Of course you are going to find kids like the ones you have mentioned but overall the kids in the Philippines are much better behaved than the UK

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 19:30
Thats true John,most kids in Pinas are better behaved than western kids,I just gave those examples to show its not all a bed of roses :icon_lol:

adam&chryss
24th May 2009, 19:37
HMMMM....:Erm::Erm: THAT FILIPINAS MAKE A VERY GOOD WIFE???? :D:Hellooo::icon_lol:
Yes of course, I know thats why I married a Filipina :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Some people in the UK need to appreciate what they have, especially those who moan and complain about the country all the time!
Here Here! I couldnt agree more.

Unfortunately theres too many do-gooders in Uk now and thats why kids run riot.
All this rubbish about kids being kids is utter :censored: !
Knife crime and :censored: like that didnt used to happen when I was a youngster. All the gangs and drugs too nowadays.
Such a poor excuse that they are finding themselves, rubbish. That what poor parents use as an excuse for not giving their kids time.
Open up a borstal in every town thats what I say!

somebody
24th May 2009, 23:02
Many in the UK, not all, could relearn the value of the extended family.

Word although all those birthdays to remeber:omg:

Word

Friendly and HOspitable!:)

Not sure about that found city phils to be busy and moody much like Brits in cities and those in the rural areas in both have far more time for strangers.

Gonna say in the UK most kids you won't see on the streets only the ones the parents dont seem to care about. In the streets around my way I know who lives where in many and many of the children i rarely see walking or roaming about.
I might see 8-10 kids who hang around but I would estimate in the surrounding streets from where these "street kids" there are possibly 500-1000 children.
If i take the town centre its the same ratio.
Most to busy working in the home or studying (as i did).

In fact shoocked by how little work Phill kids do around the house and also how little homework they do compared to their UK equivalents. Plus many British Kids hold down a Job while very few phill ones do.
In fact kids to me seemed to be quite lazy in phill. Maybe we should make childhood less about homework and chasing exams and working. Thats why I think a lot revolt once they fall off the system its very hard to get back on so carry on being revolting:D

But even then sorry cant buy this Phill is utopian country with 100 percent well behaved people. Is that why crime is rife, every bank or place with large sums of money has Armed guards, Malls have security to a degree they dont even have in London malls where there are tough estates all around.
But Maybe seraches on the way in and sometimes on the way out would cut shoplifting which would benefit us all.

The wife tells me in her local town of horrfic shootings during robberies, rapes, sexual attacks. "safety precautions" in the typical pinoy house seem to go way above anything i encounter in a UK house, even in quite tough london estates. Car jackings seem to be far more rife. Many class mates and child hood friends seem to have gone of the rails and become "bad lads"
But the police are not held back by rules and "deal with them"

After all that the UK could learn from phill about resturants which have far wider variety (even KFC) also far more local food even if a worldwide chain.

In my local area a Takeaway resturant which was a few years back a franchaise of a burger chain which had the usual limited menu. Now has what I would call a British Cafe but with a fast food style of eat in or take away and food cooked asap. Been a big hit.

I think sometimes we forget the food our families eat and how good it can be.

I think we Brits should also inject the gene which means most phills when they drink get stupidly drunk after a few beers. I can remeber at social events all the "men of the family" getting faced after what even a light weight like me would consider a few beers.
So seems to be little booze crime as most would doze off before feeling the urge to be out of control:D

freedom2009
25th May 2009, 02:44
i am british and i have lived in the phils for a few yrs and i do respect there culture and lifestyle , in the phils the life is more laid back and relaxed there , there way of living is just great and i love the phils and hope to one day retire out there when i get grey and old, people in Uk do not understand how well off they are and how good there life is compared to life in the phils, kids in uk nowadays have no respect for there elders or for them selves, if its not the lastest trend of clothes they wont wear them and complain that they get nothing, when there is many other people around the world who are a million times worse off than themselves.,., people need too look at them selves and be greatful for wat they have ...

aposhark
25th May 2009, 07:12
To be less confrontational.

Although a little confrontation is good at times, to get things resolved.