View Full Version : £ - Peso .... Latest

aromulus
24th May 2009, 08:09
As I notice today we reached the dizzy heights of..... :Erm:

Wait for it........:rolleyes:

1.00 GBP = 74.6785 PHP

United Kingdom Pounds Philippines Pesos 1 GBP = 74.6785 PHP
1 PHP = 0.0133907 GBP

Slowly it may climb higher, so ladies and gentlemen, keep your fingers crossed.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

maria_and_matt
24th May 2009, 09:09
yeheyyyyy, finally!

Mrs Daddy
24th May 2009, 09:26
that will be great:D:D:D

Ann07
24th May 2009, 12:05
Great news...:D

DianaKevy
24th May 2009, 12:08
Hopefully it will goes up and up hehehehehe :D

aromulus
24th May 2009, 12:24
Keep checking the website on a regular basis.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Also you could save the link on your "favourites"....

pennybarry
24th May 2009, 12:38
Yes Mod Dom it is 74+ but yesterday I sent money thru IREMIT the rate was only 73+ . At Pic-uk website it is also 74+.

Wish more increase by July-August.:BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Mrs.JMajor
24th May 2009, 12:47
I bring peso here in UK, May 15 we able to change it to Barclay its 78.58, and I did manage to withdraw also from my BDO account (PI BANK) and withdraw from Barclay atm machine, the Barclay didnt charge me for that, I confirm from my bank the 300 GBP I withdraw was 21,000 php when I enquire my statement :NoNo:,

KeithD
24th May 2009, 12:50
The £ to the $ has climbed dramatically the last 2 weeks, but should hit another resistance level at 1.6, but is likely to break through that after a little bouncing around.

You can go long on the GBPUSD on the Forex markets for a quick profit this week. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

ukgangster
24th May 2009, 13:08
The £ to the $ has climbed dramatically the last 2 weeks, but should hit another resistance level at 1.6, but is likely to break through that after a little bouncing around.

:omg:Can you tell me what next weeks lottery numbers are?

joebloggs
24th May 2009, 13:43
and why, is it because of the banks are starting to make money again, buying back their debts from the gov :Erm:

as long as it gets back to 90php to £ :Hellooo:

£ never went as low as 1 euro then..

RickyR
24th May 2009, 15:58
I hope it keeps going, more PHP = more money to spend. I go on leave again in 3 weeks for a month in Cebu :-)
Only thing I don't want to change is the Euro/Sterling rate as i'm paid in Euros :-)

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 16:35
[SIZE=[/B]

1 PHP = 0.0133907 GBP

... wonders will never cease!! :rolleyes: Maybe it's because of all those errant MPs being forced to pay back their ill-gotten gains.

Quotes, Arthur...... [/quote]

johncar54
24th May 2009, 17:16
Yesterday, 23rd, I transferred, on line, some money to my 'Phil Account' with Nationwide. My wife’s cousin drew it from an ATM of BPI, using a CASH CARD. No charges either end, and an exchange rate of 74.16 to the pound.

somebody
24th May 2009, 17:20
Hurrah lets hope:) but cant see it going to dizzy heights unless chaos breaks out in phill.

Sounds good but lets hold on to our hats for a touch longer, the reasons i belive are a mixture of the US has announced bad results and gloomy forecasts for the future. They are looking like they might beat the UK to losing their triple a rating. As there national debt hits 100 percent of gdp.
Plus China, Brazil, russia and other countries are looking to stop using the Dollar in trade deals.
Then if China, Russia and others start to dump/spend their reserves who knows. Wheter to support their own currency or ecomony or for other reasons.

With the pound who knows:rolleyes:

In the Uk as long as there is no national election and who knows what protest votes will occur in the euro votes and possible byelections which might occur in the near future. At present many people belive we have a parliment which is so worried about its own :action-smiley-081: that if any major issues occur no one knows if they will be effectively dealt with.
Could at present Brown pass any non popular laws which may be needed to help the ecomony? I doubt it all mp's will go for the popular vote surely?

Once a new goverment whatever colour or if hung comes in surely they have to make drastic cuts to public spending (public sector jobs, funding, pensions) the UK will have protests and strikes galore surely effecting sterling.

Anyway lets hope the sunshine and the pound/peso keeps shining:xxgrinning--00xx3:

xebec
24th May 2009, 18:45
We travel on 10th June for 3 weeks.

Previously I have taken sterling (cash) and exchanged in Manila, usually at SM Mall.

Any better advice?

Thanks

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 19:05
:omg:Can you tell me what next weeks lottery numbers are?

I WOULD, but :yikes: NOT if you're a gangster ... ! :NoNo: Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 20:04
We travel on 10th June for 3 weeks.

Previously I have taken sterling (cash) and exchanged in Manila, usually at SM Mall.

Any better advice?

Thanks

On my first [also 3 weeks'] visit last September, I took travellers' cheques in US dollars. NOT A GOOD IDEA, as *Metrobank charged me $4 per CHEQUE each time I cashed one. So, second time around, I simply withdrew cash from their *ATMs, using my BOS debit card. Which was fine ... until one day, :Brick: ... "transaction cannot be processed"! ... why? Then it all began to make sense: My account had been blocked. Reason: to protect it against the possibility of Identity Fraud. I only realised on phoning the Bank of Scotland Helpline from a friend's house, that I'd overlooked the necessity to notify my home branch of my decision to extend my subsequent stay in the Phils by two months. Luckily, everything was 'up and running' again within 24 hours! Whether this system is cheaper than the method you're accustomed to, I really couldn't say, but it's certainly worth looking into before you go! :rolleyes:

Enjoy your trip! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
24th May 2009, 20:10
Travel Cheques...... How quaint.....:D

keithAngel
24th May 2009, 21:39
If you mean the Phils is quaint Dom I agree in Thailand you get a better rate than with cash and it costs 50p to cash one

If they are lost or stolen they will be replaced unlike plastic which has to first be sent to your address in the UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

RickyR
24th May 2009, 21:55
In my experience, ATM's give some of the best rates bar some of the online currency exchanges. It's generally safe and normal transaction fee is around 1 to 1.5 GBP per withdrawal (hence normally best to take 10,000 at a time).
Some bank accounts (I believe Nationwide is one of them) give you zero transaction fee/commission on overseas withdrawals. I have a seperate account which I transfer money in for withdrawal in Philippines by Marvie or myself (have to call the bank every 6 months to advise them that i'm in the Philippines).

Florge
26th May 2009, 07:12
what?? BF sent money thru Western Union and exchange rate is only 72.. oh well... that was the rate on Saturday... bummer...

Ann07
26th May 2009, 09:39
what?? BF sent money thru Western Union and exchange rate is only 72.. oh well... that was the rate on Saturday... bummer...:cwm34:
The rate in WU florge is low compared to other means of sending:cwm34::cwm34::cwm34:

EdwardB
26th May 2009, 13:01
:cwm34:
The rate in WU florge is low compared to other means of sending:cwm34::cwm34::cwm34:

& you pay a commission rate of about 14% - leaving the WU rate as effectively less than 62!

Gavanddal
26th May 2009, 14:06
Back to the 90+ to the £ by November please when we go to the Phils so we can start doing the house up.

aromulus
26th May 2009, 14:13
Lovely....

£ 1 = 75 PHP today:omg:

Splendiferous...!!!!!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Keep on going...!!!!!!:D

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 14:59
c`mon dont stop:)keep going up to 100 peso - 1 pound

Bluebirdjones
26th May 2009, 15:20
... but remember, for every winner there's also a loser.

For us, visiting/travelling/remitting to the Philippines, it's good news.

BUT for those applying for visas it's (technically) bad news.

A £/peso rate of 80 = 46,800p for a fiancee visa
A £/peso rate of 90 = 52,650p

However, as it's "us" that's paying (and not the Filipina girlfriend/fiance)
the good news is .....
... it's still the same extortionate £585 !

Arthur Little
26th May 2009, 19:41

the good news is .....

Well put, Barry! :iagree:

Arthur Little
26th May 2009, 19:53

the good news is .....

Not forgetting subsequent exhorbitant fees further down the line [in the guise of FLR/ILR] to allow our good ladies to continue living with their lawfully-wedded husbands in the Unkind Kingdom. :doh

aromulus
26th May 2009, 20:19
Not forgetting subsequent exhorbitant fees further down the line [in the guise of FLR/ILR] to allow our good ladies to continue living with their lawfully-wedded husbands in the Unkind Kingdom. :doh

Hear... Hear......:D

joebloggs
26th May 2009, 20:22

i think, i still hold the record for paying out the most of visas/citizenship on here, just over £4,000 :doh

unless you know better :cwm24:

aromulus
26th May 2009, 20:29
i think, i still hold the record for paying out the most of visas/citizenship on here, just over £4,000 :doh

unless you know better :cwm24:

Sorry, mate. :ARsurrender:

joebloggs
26th May 2009, 20:51
Sorry, mate. :ARsurrender:

your time will come dom, when UKIP get in power, and you have to pay up, or on your bike :rolleyes:

might not happen for a long time thou :doh more chance of labour getting into power with brown as leader :icon_lol:

KeithD
1st June 2009, 10:40

You can go long on the GBPUSD on the Forex markets for a quick profit this week. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Anyone take my advice? Up 12,500 pips in the time since I posted, and you can have anything from 0.01p to £1,000,000,000 per pip :D

The dollars in a nose dive on all currencies, and it certainly isn't going to stop today with the GM problem. Up 2000 pips today by 9am!!!

Arthur Little
1st June 2009, 11:28

... as of 01/06/2009, it's 76.33303 peso= £1.00 GBP; but, as we are all too well aware, this rate can so easily fluctuate either way! :sport-smiley-003:

aromulus
1st June 2009, 16:45
... as of 01/06/2009, it's 76.33303 peso= £1.00 GBP; but, as we are all too well aware, this rate can so easily fluctuate either way! :sport-smiley-003:

And today's burn offerings are......:Erm:

1.00 GBP

=

77.1854 PHP

:Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2009, 16:54
:REGamblMoney01HL1: wooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:BouncyHappy: moreeeeeeeeeeee:Britain:

vbkelly
2nd June 2009, 17:40
yeheeeeey the £ is going up £1=77.40pesos

KeithD
2nd June 2009, 19:28
It'll go up more as the $$$$ continues to weaken.

EdwardB
2nd June 2009, 22:02
It'll go up more as the $$$$ continues to weaken.

I'm sure everybody supporting friends & family in RP from The UK are celebrating their empowered contribution capacity.

But this crazy world of floating exchange rates is proving to be as bad as the madness that put the UK & USA in a hole last year - viz. our banks lending to off balance sheet packages of mortgage debt.

Last October I shifted over a GBP million worth of contracts out of RP to China because RP didn't have the infrastructure from its government to offer a currency exchange rate hedge. Financially I'm covered but RP has lost hundereds of jobs - & I have the cost of paying for Ana's flights to Hong Kong rather than spending time in Manila. That said mixed blessings there... she has fallen in love with/and in love in Hong Kong..... & Manila bores scares me to death!!!

So celebrate the gambling win in the short term - but reflect that in the end China may have got it ever so right!!

A fix at GBP to 1.65 $ would be about right. Nearly back there!!! & with a hedge the jobs would be in RP at the exchange rate they left in October. Politicians are stupid wherever they practice/practise.

IainBusby
3rd June 2009, 10:00
Wow, 78.25 at PNB today. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

sweet_cookie08
3rd June 2009, 11:07
hope it gets back to £1 = Php 100! higher higher pleeeeaaassseee!

Fitzy
3rd June 2009, 17:28

Hmmmmmmm:Erm:
Wd be nice:D

vbkelly
3rd June 2009, 17:28
78.50 in london cbn ltd

jimeve
3rd June 2009, 18:53
down to 76 now :bigcry:

KeithD
3rd June 2009, 19:50
down to 76 now :bigcry:
All currencies have rebounded today, not unexpected with the gains on some already this week.

lilibeth
4th June 2009, 10:16
I was told that on Friday last it was 75.75 pesos to £.

pennybarry
7th June 2009, 09:26

It will! Maybe when I get back home for a holiday SOON !!! :D:BouncyHappy::cwm12::Cuckoo::Rasp:

KeithD
7th June 2009, 09:30
It will! Maybe when I get back home for a holiday SOON !!! :D:BouncyHappy::cwm12::Cuckoo::Rasp:
You'll be lucky, probably take 1-2 years in the present climate.

The £££ is weak again thanks to our wonderful leader!!! :doh

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 09:33
Rising again folks ... £1=76.24Php!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
7th June 2009, 09:52
You'll be lucky, probably take 1-2 years in the present climate.

The £££ is weak again thanks to our wonderful leader!!! :doh

:Brick::CompBuster:

So you like Cameron to rule UK boss? Or you believe with Gordons spirit :icon_lol: I can't wait who is the best leader for UK:yikes:

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 10:07
Be it Cameron,Brown,or any other of those in UK politics leading this once great country always remember it could be worse,we could have Gloria at the helm,in which case it would be £78 GBP to the peso :icon_lol:

KeithD
7th June 2009, 10:11
:Brick::CompBuster:

So you like Cameron to rule UK boss? Or you believe with Gordons spirit :icon_lol: I can't wait who is the best leader for UK:yikes:
We need stability, and an ELECTED leader in Cameron would give us that, the Labour party is in freefall. Makes the problems with the Tories in the 90's look like childs play.

jimeve
7th June 2009, 13:22
We need stability, and an ELECTED leader in Cameron would give us that, the Labour party is in freefall. Makes the problems with the Tories in the 90's look like childs play.

Cameron's a joke, no experience at all. I have not heard one constructive sentence from camy. on the other hand Gordon Brown's the man to lead us out of this mess. Don't forget he was put in this mess not his on doing, but the Global Recession. if anyone thinks that electing a Torie Muppet will help, it won't. No P.M could have solved this. Politicians have been riping off ppl for decades. why is it Browns fault. Cameron gets in thats bad very bad, all hes good at is slagging Brown off. :cwm23:

KeithD
7th June 2009, 13:53
....no experience at all.
As far as I am aware, any party that gets into power with a new leader has no experience :Erm:

Brown - None (...and oh boy it shows!)
Blair - None
Major - None
Thatcher - None
etc....

jimeve
7th June 2009, 17:51
Brown = Parliament since 1983.

Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Cameron = member of parliament since 2001.

I meant experience in parliament. :doh:doh

aromulus
7th June 2009, 17:59
Brown = Parliament since 1983.

Chancellor of the Exchequer.
I meant experience in parliament. :doh:doh

Yeah, look where that brought us.....:omg:

Highly incompetent as a PM...:action-smiley-081:

jimeve
7th June 2009, 18:07
Yeah, look where that brought us.....:omg:

Highly incompetent as a PM...:action-smiley-081:

he's was shoved in at the deep end. by Blaire. oh browns fault for global recession, greedy mp's claiming mortgage expensive etc.

Hope he gets elected. Nobody else can do the job.

KeithD
7th June 2009, 18:24
Experience in Parliament gives you zero experience at running a country as Brown proves beyond doubt......and I support Labour!!!

Obama seems to be doing fine with no experience, and Blair didn't have much either.

KeithD
7th June 2009, 18:27
Hope he gets elected. Nobody else can do the job.
If you followed the professional money in the markets you'd soon discover out of all the countries on the planet, the UK is the least trusted, with the US 2nd.....why? Well one reason is the massive debt they've both run up that will take at least a decade to pay off. While countries that done NOTHING, which is the correct way.....strangely have no extra debt, and are coming out of recession!!!

When Cameron said do nothing, that was the correct thing to do, as any professional in the money markets would tell you.

jimeve
7th June 2009, 18:28
Experience in Parliament gives you zero experience at running a country as Brown proves beyond doubt......and I support Labour!!!

Obama seems to be doing fine with no experience, and Blair didn't have much either.

at least he has the backing of his ppl not like the Clueless brits.

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 18:43
As far as I am aware, any party that gets into power with a new leader has no experience :Erm:

Rather it's the new LEADER that has no experience :NoNo: IN GOVERNMENT ... as happened to be the case with Blair. :xxsmilie_auslachen: And yes, WILL be again, if Cameron is elected next time round. :doh

On the other hand, Thatcher did a stint as Education Secretary in the Heath administration, prior to defeating him :BlacklistLoser: in the 1975 Conservative Leadership contest, and ultimately becoming Prime Minister approximately four years' later. And, as we're all aware, of course, Brown served under Blair for more than a decade before finally taking over the reins.

jimeve
7th June 2009, 18:52
Thanks for that Arther. I couldn't put it across as immaculately as you.:)

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 19:05
On the other hand, Thatcher did a stint as Education Secretary in the Heath administration, prior to defeating him :BlacklistLoser: in the 1975 Conservative Leadership contest, and ultimately becoming Prime Minister approximately four years' later. And, as we're all aware, of course, Brown served under Blair for more than a decade before finally taking over the reins.

Oh, ... and let's not forget John Major, who tried hard to do his best [poor chap!]. But with Thatcher furiously "tugging at the strings" :8_1_215: ... all the while, never really had the chance to prove his mettle!

KeithD
7th June 2009, 19:08
....Brown served under Blair for more than a decade before finally taking over the reins.
:Erm: .....and? Being an 'accountant' and then being promoted to CEO of a massive limited company, gives you very little experience, especially with only a history degree :doh

aromulus
7th June 2009, 19:22
he's was shoved in at the deep end. by Blaire.

He wasn't at all..........:omg:

The snidy, back stabbing, jumped up berk, did his utmost to get Tony Blair out of the way and take his place at no10.:omg:
Now that the knives are out to get him, he doesn't like it......:Erm:

If he had an ounce of respect left for the country and the voters, he would pack his bags and go.
But he is too far up his own :butthead:, to realize that the Country is sick and tired of him as the face of labour, and labour in general.:Brick:

You mark my words.... The moment an election is announced, the pound will shoot upward...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 19:27
Blair didn't have much either.

Virtually NONE, as far as I can recall. Unless you count his short incumbency of the THEN-Opposition's Shadow Home Secretary's post. But there again, this is not a GOVERNMENT appointment. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 19:47

:NoNo: I have to agree with Jim here, Dom. He WAS! Blair, being the cunning :blacklistsmartassHL that he undoubtedly IS, cleverly chose his "moment of departure", being all too aware that the "cards" were heavily stacked against him in the aftermath of the Iraq War fiasco.

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 20:10
The snidy, jumped up berk

:Erm: Are you sure you aren't referring to TONY BLAIR and his penchant for ingratiating plausibility towards warmongers like, e.g., Obama's predecessor at the White House? :rolleyes:

adam&chryss
7th June 2009, 20:41

The snidy, back stabbing, jumped up berk, did his utmost to get Tony Blair out of the way and take his place at no10.:omg:
Now that the knives are out to get him, he doesn't like it......:Erm:

If he had an ounce of respect left for the country and the voters, he would pack his bags and go.
But he is too far up his own :butthead:, to realize that the Country is sick and tired of him as the face of labour, and labour in general.:Brick:

You mark my words.... The moment an election is announced, the pound will shoot upward...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree with that. I always voted Labour but its time for a change but i`m not saying the Tories are any better. Personally I never worried about this recession as the people love to make more of it than actually happens. All the so called experts dont have a clue. The country will come out of this reccession quicker and better than most of the world. Its that thing that brits love to be put down and be pecemistic.
Everthings doom and gloom they`d have you beleive.
House prices are on the up, well, in this area anyway. I know that cos I have friends that are selling and have sold.
My employers are investing more money into the business and my wages are consistent with the last few years regarding overtime. That includes employing an extra person too.
So I dont take any notice of the people with their big words and expert knowledge cos they dont know anymore than me, with my 1 `o level :xxgrinning--00xx3:
By the way, I voted UKIP on both of my ballot papers.

joebloggs
7th June 2009, 20:59
coming from a labour strong hold, since i was 18 I've voted labour at every election,never missed one, but last week i didn't bother :NoNo:

no way i will ever vote Tory, and cannot vote for labour as they are now .. :NoNo:

time for a shake up, i would have voted UKIP, but their just as bad, but pulling out of Europe, now that would shake things up .. good or bad who knows :Erm:

did anyone get any BNP leaflet thru their door ?

i did. made me laugh, 'people like you voting BNP' underneath it says 'use this as a window poster, for a free larger poster call.'. i think there would be a brick thru the window within the hour if i did.. :icon_lol:

their not friends of Muslims and bogus asylum seekers :NoNo:

but i can see why some people would vote for them becuase of

'NO TO EU RULE AND THE EURO
NO TO IMMIGRATION AND UNEMPLOYMENT
NO TO HIGH TAXES AND RIP-OFF BRITIAN'

but i could never vote for a racist bunch of people :NoNo:

adam&chryss
7th June 2009, 21:11
coming from a labour strong hold, since i was 18 I've voted labour at every election,never missed one, but last week i didn't bother :NoNo:

no way i will ever vote Tory, and cannot vote for labour as they are now .. :NoNo:

time for a shake up, i would have voted UKIP, but their just as bad, but pulling out of Europe, now that would shake things up .. good or bad who knows :Erm:

did anyone get any BNP leaflet thru their door ?

i did. made me laugh, 'people like you voting BNP' underneath it says 'use this as a window poster, for a free larger poster call.'. i think there would be a brick thru the window within the hour if i did.. :icon_lol:

their not friends of Muslims and bogus asylum seekers :NoNo:

but i can see why some people would vote for them becuase of

'NO TO EU RULE AND THE EURO
NO TO IMMIGRATION AND UNEMPLOYMENT
NO TO HIGH TAXES AND RIP-OFF BRITIAN'

but i could never vote for a racist bunch of people :NoNo:

Just watched the news and Nick Griffin was attacked in his car outside manchester town hall!
There was a few muslims there, as you`d expect. I fail to see how their violent protest after everybody has voted will stop people turning the the BNP.
If they gain a seat then it shows how much some people have had enough of foreigners telling us how to run our country I guess.

KeithD
7th June 2009, 21:15
Only leaflet I got through my door was from the Tories.......2 decades ago they used to knock on your door, and if they can't be bothered doing that anymore, no wonder people can't be bothered voting.

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 21:25
I dont think its foreigners telling us how to run our country Adam,they already do that since we joined the EU,its a small minority like the al-Muhajiroun cretins who boo'ed and jeer'ed the Royal Anglian's homecoming parade through Luton,then fled to the police for protection when some of the UK crowd took exception to this,I am a staunch believer in when in Rome,but having spent time in Places like Islamabad etc I know full well what you could expect if you attempted to burn the pakistan flag in places like 'Pindis Rajah bazaar :ARsurrender: We are just too soft,some people know how to play the system and shout for their rights even though you or I would forfeit ours as soon as we stepped foot in their country of origin :ARsurrender:

EdwardB
7th June 2009, 21:42
Only in anything Filipino related could a thread get so OT!

Sterling -Peso = 75.97 according to my latest update.

Fix all exchange rates the only winners from floating rates are the bookies.

Pontificate on how many Browns = a Cameron or a Clegg elsewhere.

Apologies to any other parties not mentioned.

Re the racists; As Russell Brand said "what is the point of being racist as it restricts your choice of women" !!

Re the greenish element; good luck in RP.

And no discussion of religion at all!!!!!!! I got the choice of the London Christian Party,

joebloggs
7th June 2009, 22:12
Only leaflet I got through my door was from the Tories.......2 decades ago they used to knock on your door, and if they can't be bothered doing that anymore, no wonder people can't be bothered voting.

thats what you get for living in the outback :D

i got Tory, labour, green, bnp, liberals, ukip and a couple of others :doh

my misses got a call from the local labour party, she cannot even vote yet (not registered, as she became a brit citizen one day after registration closed :doh)

Brussels make upto 80% of new laws, time brits took back that power :ARsurrender:, stopped mass immigration to the uk, and a legal right to bring your wife to the uk :xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
8th June 2009, 07:07
If I have the right to vote, I don't think I will go out and vote:D

I usually vote before in Pinas and always hoping that someday, there will be no more corruption.

When Joseph Estrada was in his seat as president, Gloria was eager to grab his seat. People allowed her to grab and rule Pinas because we believed that Gloria is more intelligent, well educated and known as daughter of ex-president b4. The situations now is getting worse and worst so I gave up voting.

In UK, Cameron is like Gloria, he is very eager to take the PM seat. But I don't want to judge his platform. Everytime I watch parliament debate, I feel he is a bully shouting and seldom smile:D I'm not sure if he's really a bully. Gordon's spirit is very high, telling he can save Britain. I believed recession is GLOBAL, even Barack Obama can't do anything with dollar rate. So as Cameron if ever.

Ehehehe I'm not into politics! Just giving some ideas and still confuse who will be the right leader in Pinas and Britain for a change!!!:Hellooo:

aromulus
8th June 2009, 08:19
:NoNo: I have to agree with Jim here, Dom. He WAS! Blair, being the cunning :blacklistsmartassHL that he undoubtedly IS, cleverly chose his "moment of departure", being all too aware that the "cards" were heavily stacked against him in the aftermath of the Iraq War fiasco.

For how much just the mention of Tony Blair makes my blood boil, I have to say that Gordon's scheeming was done very subtley at the start, and more emboldened by the others Mp's support he "Made" Blair leave.
Yes, Tony, had more or less reached the end, I think his wife was very influential on him to depart, realizing what was in the cards for her hubby if he stayed on.

All in all, we were all duped by this "New" Labour tag....:NoNo::action-smiley-081:

Leopards and spots... Come to mind....:Erm:

Gordon bottled it last year for fear of the electorate, and will hang on for dear life until the last day, keeping on screwing the country...:NoNo:

Holding an election sooner rather than later, would mean a fresh start, a clean slate that might instill some respect from the rest of the world, as opposed to the oldest democracy being the butt of international jokes....:doh

I normally detest the yanks, but they have something in place that takes care of crooks in power.... It is called "Impeachment"....:xxgrinning--00xx3:
And also they have no snidy way to install "non-elected" friends to positions of power like they do around here....:NoNo:

KeithD
8th June 2009, 09:02
I usually vote before in Pinas and always hoping that someday, there will be no more corruption.
You will NEVER get any govenment that is not corrupt in one way or another.

adam&chryss
8th June 2009, 16:41
I dont think its foreigners telling us how to run our country Adam,they already do that since we joined the EU,its a small minority like the al-Muhajiroun cretins who boo'ed and jeer'ed the Royal Anglian's homecoming parade through Luton,then fled to the police for protection when some of the UK crowd took exception to this,I am a staunch believer in when in Rome,but having spent time in Places like Islamabad etc I know full well what you could expect if you attempted to burn the pakistan flag in places like 'Pindis Rajah bazaar :ARsurrender: We are just too soft,some people know how to play the system and shout for their rights even though you or I would forfeit ours as soon as we stepped foot in their country of origin :ARsurrender:

Exactly. With being told what we can and cant do by Brussels and the lack of respect from certain foreigners that are just here cos they want to sponge, everyone is getting to the end of a very long tether!
I think things will come to a head in the near future. It seems from the euro elections that a few countries far right parties with seats now.
Maybe we`re not the only country in Europe with an immigration problem...:Erm:

Arthur Little
8th June 2009, 17:11
Exactly. With being told what we can and cant do by Brussels and the lack of respect from certain foreigners that are just here cos they want to sponge, everyone is getting to the end of a very long tether!

:doh That's certainly being made abundantly clear by the collective response of those people who bothered to vote at all at last Thursday's Euro Elections.

Arthur Little
8th June 2009, 17:19
I think things will come to a head in the near future.

:Erm: In what way, Adam?

KeithD
8th June 2009, 17:44
Boris Johnston will be leader of the Labour party :Erm: :cwm24: :omg: :D

Arthur Little
8th June 2009, 17:51
Maybe we`re not the only country in Europe with an immigration problem...:Erm:

We're NOT! ... far from it! But this small island of ours is already bursting at the seams in terms of population. And our Government seems to be taking a tough stance with the wrong kind of immigrant. :angry: You and I both, are only too-well aware of the complex rigmarole WE'D to go through, simply in order to bring our respective lawfully-wedded wives to the UK ... never mind the crippling costs involved! Yet these :censored: rabble-rousing Muslims - like the ones mentioned in previous posts - seem to be able to just "walk-free" into this country and demand that mosques be built to cater for their extremist propaganda. I tell you, mate, something's far wrong somewhere!

joebloggs
8th June 2009, 19:26
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/5474602/European-elections-2009-BNP-successes-horrific-say-main-parties.html

why are the main parties horrified by the rise of the far-right ? because the main parties have ignored voters, ignored the problems of uncontrolled immigration and the ever expanding EU, done little to protect jobs for British workers, so why are they surprised when people vote for the BNP ? yes they should be horrified by the rise of the BNP, but they should remember why people voted for them and not for the main parties :doh

the rise of the far-right is not just in the uk

Holland's anti-Islamic and Euro-sceptic Freedom Party, headed by Right-wing politician Geert Wilders, won 17 per cent of the vote to gain four seats at its first European election.

the right wing anti-immigrant populists of the Danish People’s Party took the election campaign by the scruff of the neck and more than doubled its score to 14.8%, taking two seats. It has been in government as the largest partner in a populist minority administration since 2001, and is considered the driving force behind tightened legislation on Denmark’s foreigners.

The Austrian right wing party got roughly 13% of the vote.

and many more countries saw votes rise of the far-right, start of the end of the EU ?

but in all this, at least a bit of common sense only from the swedes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8089102.stm

jimeve
8th June 2009, 20:25
Looks like golden Brown:D might step down which is a shame, the ppl have no confidence in him

Thanks to the short sighted, tunnel vision, would be labour voters.
who read to many tabloids media joke papers ( sun) :action-smiley-081:

Alan Johnson might step up to rescue labour. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
8th June 2009, 20:28
The last election....the BNP won a few bits.....the main parties, horrified, running around like headless chicken trying to figure out why, and stating they take care out it........now it happens again, we go through the same crap with them :doh

jimeve
8th June 2009, 20:40
before you know it, skin heads with Swaztia Nazi tattooed on their face
will be kicking our doors down, vote for us or else. :cwm23:

aromulus
8th June 2009, 20:45
Some people have been taken for ride by Labour, for all their life, and still can't see the wood for the trees.... :omg:

I was watching some "Grass roots" interviews a while ago, and cannot believe how gullible some people can be, worse than yanks...:doh

somebody
8th June 2009, 20:48
Cameron's a joke, no experience at all. I have not heard one constructive sentence from camy. on the other hand Gordon Brown's the man to lead us out of this mess. Don't forget he was put in this mess not his on doing, but the Global Recession. if anyone thinks that electing a Torie Muppet will help, it won't. No P.M could have solved this. Politicians have been riping off ppl for decades. why is it Browns fault. Cameron gets in thats bad very bad, all hes good at is slagging Brown off. :cwm23:

How come many countries when they had good times put money aside and prepared for the bad times?
Please tell me what Browns plans for the future.

Cameron maybe no good as a PM i have no Idea. But I do no Gordon Brown was in charge fo the Finances for almost a decade and in that time made no provisions for the bad times. Wheres our soverign fund which many countries are using to invest their ways out.

How many British companies will be no longer British and even less loyalty to British workers?

Remeber all our taxes have not yet shot though the roof. A lot of people in Public sector gonna have the shoock of there lives when who ever is in charge has to start paying back the huge debts incurred:NoNo:

If your parents had run a household as that prat had and left the finances in such a mess your love for them might have been a little tested im sure.

If cameron is a potential muppet sorry Brown is a proven muppet.

Dont like the Blues, reds or Yellows have no time for any of the current parties.
Peace love and stilton cheese:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
8th June 2009, 20:54

I`m not sure Arthur but as your previous post says many people are sick to the back teeth of muslims at the moment and thats a fact. I know the people I talk to in my area cant stand them. Wether thats right or wrong isn`t an issue for them, it`s just the way they feel.
Personally I dont know why we build anything other than churches. As far as i`m aware the history of England doesnt involve mosques or any other temples, just churches.
Yes I agree , to get our non-violent/radical wives here is such a hard task and it makes me so :censored: angry to have those spongers here. I`m not sure how they managed to prove the " no access to public funds" part of the visa!
Luckily my area is mainly english but I wonder how many people walk into their local shop and find someone in a burger (yes I know thats spelt wrong!) working behind the counter? maybe it infringes their rights to work?

Anyway, back to the thread subject, i`m sure it`ll be p100=£1 by the time I can afford to go back to Phil with my family :icon_lol:

jimeve
8th June 2009, 20:56
looks like I might retire early than expected if Tories get in. high taxes, high this and that. Philippines here I come, stuff Conservative, the jumped up tool.:cwm23:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 20:58
Adam,one of the two guys I REALLY trust 100% is muslim,he is of pakistani origin,I actually took £2000 over to pinas for him in march to help a family out,he is a grade A guy,always gives a 10'th of his earnings to the poor,always gives away the interest from his bank accounts etc,but he actually said to me its a disgrace the way the british government pander to the whims of extremists,who come here shouting about their rights while eroding the rights many british guys gave their lives to keep :NoNo:

joebloggs
8th June 2009, 21:05
Wheres our soverign fund which many countries are using to invest their ways out.

he did what thatcher did, but worse she sold the family silver, he gave away the gold at a knock off price :doh

# Gold sales: Between 1999 and 2002 Brown sold 60% of the UK's gold reserves at $275 an ounce.[43] It was later attacked as a "disastrous foray into international asset management"[44] as he had sold at close to a 20-year low. He pressured the IMF to do the same,[45] but it resisted. The gold sales have earned him the pejorative nickname "Golden Brown", after the song by The Stranglers.[46]

jimeve
8th June 2009, 21:22
How come many countries when they had good times put money aside and prepared for the bad times?
Please tell me what Browns plans for the future.

Cameron maybe no good as a PM i have no Idea. But I do no Gordon Brown was in charge fo the Finances for almost a decade and in that time made no provisions for the bad times. Wheres our soverign fund which many countries are using to invest their ways out.

How many British companies will be no longer British and even less loyalty to British workers?

Remeber all our taxes have not yet shot though the roof. A lot of people in Public sector gonna have the shoock of there lives when who ever is in charge has to start paying back the huge debts incurred:NoNo:

If your parents had run a household as that prat had and left the finances in such a mess your love for them might have been a little tested im sure.

If cameron is a potential muppet sorry Brown is a proven muppet.

Dont like the Blues, reds or Yellows have no time for any of the current parties.
Peace love and stilton cheese:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Andy, you've never had it so good. :) low interest rates, unless you have a lot of dosh stashed away i the bank. inflation down, house prices on the up. What do you want blood. after whats just happened. recession, what recession ?

EdwardB
8th June 2009, 22:05

jimeve
8th June 2009, 22:07

thanks for the update Edward.

aromulus
10th June 2009, 09:43

I can beat that......:D

Today's rate is.........
Dadadatandataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

1.00 GBP = 77.8173 PHP

Fitzy
10th June 2009, 20:42
Hmmmmm

77.47 according to www.xe.com

Very good.

Lets hope it gets to 100 before I leave for the Phils in Aug lol:D:D

joebloggs
10th June 2009, 21:04
Lets hope it gets to 100 before I leave for the Phils in Aug lol:D:D

Aug which year thou :doh

if not for that joker brown and fiddling mp's maybe it would be in the mid 80's :rolleyes:

KeithD
10th June 2009, 21:20
if not for that joker brown and fiddling mp's maybe it would be in the mid 80's :rolleyes:
The temperature! :Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
10th June 2009, 21:58
Mod Dom, I will just twist a bit the title Peso to £:doh

:NoNo: Last May 13 my peso 78.50 to 1GBP

Now PHP 85.43 to 1GBP at Barclays

Fair enough, even in my part is really ouch as majority here are sending pounds to PI, not bringing peso to UK:icon_lol:

Fitzy
11th June 2009, 14:13
Will be interestin to see how much I get for my Pound there in August?
Generarally speaking, one can get a better rate in the country that you are visiting!
As Airport staff, I have found this to be the norm!

aromulus
11th June 2009, 16:41
By gum..... I love a strong Pound.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

1.00 GBP = 79.2047 PHP

KeithD
11th June 2009, 17:26
£/$ climbing to 1.66 soon. :) Time for a holiday.....

EdwardB
11th June 2009, 22:16
:furious3:

Now PHP 85.43 to 1GBP at Barclays

:

Unfortunately that is what they are buying at - & there aren't many sellers of Pesos in The Uk.

I'm seeing 76.94 - which is less than others are reporting, but a lot better than when I was in Makati 4 weeks ago.

Sterling has stengthened dramatically in the last 4 weeks.

lizaphil
11th June 2009, 22:39
PNB bank today is 78.1000piso £1pound

somebody
11th June 2009, 23:18
looks like I might retire early than expected if Tories get in. high taxes, high this and that. Philippines here I come, stuff Conservative, the jumped up tool.:cwm23:

Either party in or any other combo Taxes have to go up to pay for the debt we have and drop in people and companies paying Taxes and increase in social security.

Death and Taxes only things you know you cant avoid:doh

somebody
11th June 2009, 23:21
By gum..... I love a strong Pound.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

1.00 GBP = 79.2047 PHP

Stronger yes, not Strong yet sir a long way to go.

Either a plus or minus depending if your a saver or borrower is they think intrest rates are going to rocket.

pennybarry
12th June 2009, 08:59

Wow!!! I'm feeling lucky!!! I'm going to have a nice holiday in Pinas :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12:

Stronger yes, not Strong yet sir a long way to go.

Either a plus or minus depending if your a saver or borrower is they think intrest rates are going to rocket.

More strong yohooo!

Mrs.JMajor
12th June 2009, 09:49

:yikes::yikes: Again !!!!!! you really like America:rolleyes:

KeithD
12th June 2009, 10:12
:yikes::yikes: Again !!!!!! you really like America:rolleyes:
Cheaper goods and food, even when the exchange rate was 1.4!!! Nice weather, even the winters in the Mojave Desert don't get below 60F, with only around 3 days a month rain during the rainy season!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

estherboaz
12th June 2009, 10:30
Today June 12, 2009

Alan
12th June 2009, 14:15
Is it 'peso' or 'piso?' :Erm:

Al.:)

P.S. Is it 'Visayan' or 'Bisayan?'

P.P.S. Is she wearing Harmony Hair Spray?

estherboaz
12th June 2009, 15:11
Peso in English Piso in Filipino
Visayan in English and Bisayan in Filipino

Alan
12th June 2009, 15:52
Peso in English Piso in Filipino
Visayan in English and Bisayan in Filipino

Salamat Esther.

somebody
13th June 2009, 16:14
Cheaper goods and food, even when the exchange rate was 1.4!!! Nice weather, even the winters in the Mojave Desert don't get below 60F, with only around 3 days a month rain during the rainy season!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:Do you see many Ducks out there:Erm:

vbkelly
16th June 2009, 16:11
rates for today £1=79.00pesos

Alan
20th June 2009, 01:10
80.0752!!

gracia143
20th June 2009, 07:41
80.0752!!

Wowoweeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! That's good!!!

KeithD
20th June 2009, 08:38
It'll probably drop now Brown has publicly admitted he's a muppet! :doh

fred
20th June 2009, 09:28
' :Erm:

P.S. Is it 'Visayan' or 'Bisayan?'

They simply cant pronounce their V`s unfortunately Al..
Always come out as B`s.

Thought you were coming over Al??? Canceled or just delayed??

Fred.

pennybarry
20th June 2009, 09:31
I sent yesterday and the rate was 79.00 thru Iremit. Not 80.00:doh

Alan
20th June 2009, 10:44
They simply cant pronounce their V`s unfortunately Al..
Always come out as B`s.

Thought you were coming over Al??? Canceled or just delayed??

Fred.

Sorry mate - was ready to come over last week but school phoned and asked me to go back. (You see, I had left about 6 weeks ago - intending to have 2 or 3 months off.) I am now back full time so it will be difficult.

However, in 2 weeks I shall finish at lunchtime on Friday so if I take the boat then I can be with you late afternoon if that will be ok.

Alan
20th June 2009, 10:45
Sorry Keith. Just realised the above post should have been PMd. I shall get Hanna to smack my bottie as punishment.

KeithD
20th June 2009, 10:48
:doh Stop putting Miguel on your cornflakes!! :rolleyes:

somebody
20th June 2009, 11:39
It'll probably drop now Brown has publicly admitted he's a muppet! :doh

Yup and what affects the US seems to affect us:doh

They had a the Credit crunch slightly earlier than the UK, propety dropped there earlier (they also get a small upturn every spring like we have had).
Also a while back in the US things from what i heard in the media and from yanks was things were getting better and now its not.
From what I hear from our colleagues at our various sister companies in the US is that Public services (rather than private companies) are taking a pounding due to huge cuts and more demand:NoNo: We keep hearing thats going to affect the UK in the next few years:Help1:

Im hoping for once we dont follow the Yanks:D

somebody
20th June 2009, 11:41
Anyone reverse remitting at the moment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8106923.stm

KeithD
20th June 2009, 11:55
Gordon admits he didn't know what sub-prime was :omg: ....he was our :furious3: Chancellor....and now PM!!!! :doh :NoNo:

aposhark
21st June 2009, 12:36
Gordon admits he didn't know what sub-prime was :omg: ....he was our :furious3: Chancellor....and now PM!!!! :doh :NoNo:

Ministers all seem to move around from post to post.
Darling was in transport before being chancellor.

So, they're really mouthpieces who are good at spin.

Makes you wonder what Brown was doing all those years as chancellor?

I just hope the "real" money people are able to have an input, but I doubt it.

aromulus
21st June 2009, 12:46

Makes you wonder what Brown was doing all those years as chancellor?.

Thinking up stealth taxes and raiding the gold reserves.:NoNo:

.I just hope the "real" money people are able to have an input,

They won't have a chance.:NoNo:

Ultimately, The secret agenda is to get rid of the pound and jump feet first with the euro.:doh

somebody
21st June 2009, 19:09
Bill clinton was the chap who pushed for Subprime mortages. That all people should be able to buy a house.

So in america from what i understand you could get a mortage even on the welfare:doh

joebloggs
21st June 2009, 19:59
So in america from what i understand you could get a mortage even on the welfare:doh

thatcher did it here, sold millions of council houses off at what half price ? and i'm sure many who qualified for the maximum discount were pestered by banks to take or offered a loan they would not normally get.

a live near a council estate and the roofs are being replaced, and its obvious that those houses which had their roofs replaced are still owned by the council and those that didn't are now privately owned, looked to be about 50-50 !.

scott&ligaya
24th June 2009, 13:14
back over 80 again today, ho hum!!:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

somebody
24th June 2009, 19:55
thatcher did it here, sold millions of council houses off at what half price ? and i'm sure many who qualified for the maximum discount were pestered by banks to take or offered a loan they would not normally get.

a live near a council estate and the roofs are being replaced, and its obvious that those houses which had their roofs replaced are still owned by the council and those that didn't are now privately owned, looked to be about 50-50 !.

It seems the other way round down sarf. Those who own there own do them up way over any return they could get for them. The others the council rent back look like they could do with a thatcher or a roofer:D

Florge
25th June 2009, 04:50
oh no! this translates then to increased visa fees... yaips!

Florge
25th June 2009, 04:53
and i was right... it did the increase... hehehe.. oh well...

KeithD
25th June 2009, 08:38
Well the European report yesterday on Britains finances and that we will have the worst debt per GDP in the world has seen the £££ crash :doh .....thanks Gordon....it did hit 1.65

Travellor
25th June 2009, 19:50
I can remember clearly getting 98 peso to the gbp, how things have changed in a five year span.

fred
26th June 2009, 09:29
I can remember clearly getting 98 peso to the gbp, how things have changed in a five year span.

He he...Someone was taking you for a ride!! We were all getting 107.

Alan
26th June 2009, 10:15

Actually, I prefer a good 69!

aromulus
26th June 2009, 12:27
Actually, I prefer a good 69!

:D

Alan is back........:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
26th June 2009, 12:44
:D

Alan is black........:xxgrinning--00xx3:
:cwm24:

Alan
26th June 2009, 12:48

Unlike Mr Jackson. :D He is fairly grey now.

somebody
26th June 2009, 23:04
Well the European report yesterday on Britains finances and that we will have the worst debt per GDP in the world has seen the £££ crash :doh .....thanks Gordon....it did hit 1.65

I would have thought your going into Gold if the Chinese carry on as they intend getting rid of the dollar as standard trading currency.

we missed a great ten year anniversary of browns

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Gordon-Brown-Sells-Gold-Reserve-Ten-Years-On-Gold-Underlines-Its-Worth-Daniel-Wills-ETF-Securities/Article/200905215277708?lid=ARTICLE_15277708_GordonBrownSellsGoldReserveTenYearsOn:GoldUnderlinesItsWorthDanielWillsETFSecurities&lpos=searchresults

KeithD
27th June 2009, 09:20
I would have thought your going into Gold if the Chinese carry on as they intend getting rid of the dollar as standard trading currency.
Gold has been overbought the last 18 months.

As for China, their currency value is tied to the $$$$ in order to keep up the high levels of business with the US which feeds the Chinese economy. It would be a disaster for them if they changed that.

The Euro is in a strong position to do that but it makes no economic sense.

somebody
27th June 2009, 10:13
Gold has been overbought the last 18 months.

As for China, their currency value is tied to the $$$$ in order to keep up the high levels of business with the US which feeds the Chinese economy. It would be a disaster for them if they changed that.

The Euro is in a strong position to do that but it makes no economic sense.

So why they pushing so hard for a new reserve currency? A bit of short term pain for long term gain. THe Chinese ecomony from what i read is still growing even with the US and most of the worlds ecomonies declining.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8120835.stm

Im told by people who understand this all far better than I do. That people with mucho dollars are looking elsewhere and mainly at resources and of course gold.

Plus the UK and US will at some point need to inflated like crazy to reduce both national and indivudals debt. Good or necessary for the country but possibly not for those holding the dollar or pound as investors abroad.

I have this image now of the UK expanding and then suddenly getting caught by the wind hopefully it will land somewhere need phill :D
It would save us all on travel:rolleyes:

A matie who hedges (may get him over to do the garden:D ) when we were at the cricket yesterday on a jolly:D sent me this link
as i was asking about how the money malarky is going and whats likely to happen. With me going :Erm: at some of his waffle and it getting to deep while we enjoying the day as the weather got nicer as it went along:xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.rgemonitor.com/blog/roubini/

Intresting reading on the way back and I was like who is this matie another nut case:Erm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nouriel_Roubini

He seems to have some understanding and backs up what i hear from many sources and read elsewhere.

Also backs up what our work forecasts say which are very accurate i have found when looking back.

The worrying thing is everyone keeps mentioning the W and we are bang in the middle:omg: Even heard one of those dragons mentioning in a TV interview the other evening. Sounds like wheter true or not everyone is talking themselves into it and could the UK and US go though another big plunge:Erm:

Anyway sod all this im off to enjoy the sunshine at least thats still free:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

KeithD
27th June 2009, 11:16
Before China done anything they'd have to make an official trading currency, they can't presently do that as they would go into zero growth.

Russia is unlikely to back them as the vast majority of resources go to the West, and deal is $$$/€€€, and the Arabs will only deal in $$$.

If it was so easy to do, the €€€ is a trading currency and we'd be trading oil in €€€, but that would have an effect on every trading country on the planet.

If inflation goes up in the US, then usually the bank rate goes up as well making Bonds more valuable to other countries to support the debt, and so the $$$ would gain strength.

somebody
28th June 2009, 17:49
Before China done anything they'd have to make an official trading currency, they can't presently do that as they would go into zero growth.

Russia is unlikely to back them as the vast majority of resources go to the West, and deal is $$$/€€€, and the Arabs will only deal in $$$.

If it was so easy to do, the €€€ is a trading currency and we'd be trading oil in €€€, but that would have an effect on every trading country on the planet.

If inflation goes up in the US, then usually the bank rate goes up as well making Bonds more valuable to other countries to support the debt, and so the $$$ would gain strength.

Thats why the chinese and Bric are pushing longterm for IMF to sort out the SDR. That and work on the rembini and the real taking over from the Dollar in trade deals.

I asked about the Euro but the response i hear from people is that there is to many issues going on in the East and what we are seeing is only the tip of the iceberg as western european bank who own most of the eastern european ones are dumping all the problems over there and of course there is a big credit crunch issue going on there in many countries in the easten half of the region.

Kuwait now use a currency basket im told and thats what the compromise will most likely be a split between dollar,euro,yen and sterling.

Normally the bank rate would go up slowly if inflation rises as you want to stop it happening buit if you didn't to inflate your way out of to big a debt burden was the situation mentioned. So not atrractive to investors. Thats only to stop the UK/US defaulting.

I only go on what i hear from people who work in that business (most of it bores me sensless:D only ask and listen for news on peso/pound)

Im sure the sitaution will have changed by next week anyway:)

I keep reading the pinoy ecomony is having some bad results which may mean the peso drops in value. With exports and balance of trade badly effected, so a weaker currecny might help there. Bad for the People but good for our other halfs.

Alec&Davina
28th June 2009, 17:51
thats good news if its getting higher again, my wife was about to send some dosh in a couple of weeks time to her family.

KeithD
28th June 2009, 19:20
4 months ago the ££££ was finished according to the experts....only way was the Euro :doh ....now it 1.65 .....I predicted 1.7'ish by the end of the year.

jimeve
28th June 2009, 20:44
4 months ago the ££££ was finished according to the experts....only way was the Euro :doh ....now it 1.65 .....I predicted 1.7'ish by the end of the year.

good old golden brown. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
3rd August 2009, 16:10
The Pound today has been reaching new dizzier heights......:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Live rates at 2009.08.03 15:02:54 UTC

1.00 GBP =1.17375 EUR

1.00 GBP=1.69309 USD

1.00 GBP=81.4156 PHP

Jay&Zobel
3rd August 2009, 16:21

1.00 GBP =1.17375 EUR

1.00 GBP=1.69309 USD

1.00 GBP=81.4156 PHP

That's good news!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
3rd August 2009, 16:39

1.00 GBP =1.17375 EUR

1.00 GBP=1.69309 USD

1.00 GBP=81.4156 PHP

WOW!!!! my pounds is worthy day after day until I get home this month:Rasp::Rasp:

Northerner
6th August 2009, 01:53

1.00 GBP=81.4156 PHP

And as of 01.52 British Summer time the £ is 81.5915... It is indeed climbing :)

jackmac452
6th August 2009, 02:31
Now it's....1.00 GBP = 81.4352 PHP as of 02.15am...06/08/2009...getting better..(cannot sleep, so I had a look) just rang the wife and the Typhoon near Limamsawa has passed...I need a life..

jackmac452
6th August 2009, 02:32
Hi Northener...you bored like me? this is sad....

fred
6th August 2009, 04:11
Oi!! Go to bed you lot...
Who said you could post in my time zone?

KeithD
6th August 2009, 09:16
£/$ is not around 1.7 .....what did I tell ya'll about 3 months ago? :)

aromulus
6th August 2009, 09:18
£/$ is not around 1.7 .....what did I tell ya'll about 3 months ago? :)

Vegas again, then...???:omg:

KeithD
6th August 2009, 09:19
Vegas again, then...???:omg:
Actually.......:rolleyes:

Just waiting for my neck to sort itself off, then we'll be off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
6th August 2009, 09:21
Actually.......:rolleyes:

Just waiting for my neck to sort itself off, then we'll be off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ok, let us know when, and will pop around to "tend" to somebody else's raspberries....:rolleyes:

trader dave
6th August 2009, 13:31
send yesterday 4 august got 80 .995 php to £1.00 :D:D:D

keep going upppppppppppppppppppppppppppp but just to think in last 2 years that i have been sending to the mrs t it has gone from 91 php down to 62 php now back to 80 php :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
6th August 2009, 13:44
Ok, let us know when, and will pop around to "tend" to somebody else's raspberries....:rolleyes:

Are you also on 'farm town' Dom? Love to Jet:)

aromulus
6th August 2009, 13:53
Are you also on 'farm town' Dom? Love to Jet:)

I usually give work to Pinoys, but they lazy so an so keep forgetting to finish and doze off....:doh

gracia143
6th August 2009, 13:55
i usually give work to pinoys, but they lazy so an so keep forgetting to finish and doze off....:doh

(big grin)

Arthur Little
6th August 2009, 14:06
And as of 01.52 British Summer time the £ is 81.5915... It is indeed climbing :)

Very encouraging news! :xxgrinning--00xx3: Let's hope this trend continues ... to tie-in with your forthcoming trip to the Phils.

:NoNo: Why WOULD he be bored? He's busy preparing for his planned visit to the Philippines ... in about ... :Erm: how long is it now, Northerner?

Arturo
6th August 2009, 14:15

Wait for it........:rolleyes:

1.00 GBP = 74.6785 PHP

1 PHP = 0.0133907 GBP

Slowly it may climb higher, so ladies and gentlemen, keep your fingers crossed.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Hi,

On my recent visit to Manila, I got P75 to the £ !

XE does an avaerage over teh day. If you look HiFX and root about abit they have a live quotes display..gets dizzy watching your money grow and shrink by the minute!

somebody
6th August 2009, 14:30
I usually give work to Pinoys, but they lazy so an so keep forgetting to finish and doze off....:doh

I thought you would have preferred to have your own restaurant Dom:Erm::D

I didn't realise until checking my own facebook page created by the missus that i had a hundred plus friends all based in phill who some of i vaguely recognise. That i work on farms and in restaurants plus have my own. I just get these weird emails a friend has worked on your farm:rolleyes:

I must be knackered in cyberspace:D

joebloggs
6th August 2009, 19:18
On my recent visit to Manila, I got P75 to the £ !

i think the lowest it went to recently was about 67php to £, the most i remember getting was about 105php to £ about 5yrs ago :rolleyes:

Northerner
6th August 2009, 21:14
... the most i remember getting was about 105php to £ about 5yrs ago :rolleyes:

Oh, baby :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: If it gets to 105php to the £ in 3 months I will be a happy man!:Cuckoo::cwm3:

Northerner
6th August 2009, 21:17

Thinking about my holiday to the phils is never sad:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: 119623 minutes till touchdown... :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

KeithD
6th August 2009, 21:26
.... 119623 minutes till touchdown...

119623 / 3 = 39,874 times Joe can pleasure his misses :rolleyes:

joebloggs
6th August 2009, 21:28
Oh, baby :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:xxgrinning--00xx3: If it gets to 105php to the £ in 3 months I will be a happy man!:Cuckoo::cwm3:

those were the days when the £ was worth something :rolleyes:

i remember going to a money changer in a mall, and exchanging nearly £2,000 to php (pay for our wedding), i left with every pocket full of php, and when i left the guy closed because i took every php he had :doh

:icon_lol:

Northerner
6th August 2009, 21:34

119623 / 3 = 39,874 times Joe can pleasure his misses :rolleyes:

Part timer :D :D :icon_lol::icon_lol:

i remember going to a money changer in a mall, and exchanging nearly £2,000 to php (pay for our wedding), i left with every pocket full of php, and when i left the guy closed because i took every php he had :doh

If I did that, I would have freaked out! I'd have walked out that mall like a ninja... :angry::D:Brick: Ready to strike!! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
7th August 2009, 00:43

Our wedding cost about 2000 Pesos including the rings!!
Bet you dont feel so clever now huh?

Northerner
7th August 2009, 01:10
1.00 GBP = 80.4449 PHP.... as of 01.08 BST :Erm:

Still, not so bad.. :)

Arthur Little
7th August 2009, 01:17

... you getting "bored" again, Northerner? :icon_lol:

Northerner
7th August 2009, 01:20
... you getting "bored" again, Northerner? :icon_lol:

Actually, talking with a friend in the phils as well.. See, I can multi task :D

somebody
7th August 2009, 20:54

I think the B of E saying quantitative easing will continue shocked the city bods who it seemed strangely many seem to think we were on the mend. Some thought it might be 25 or even nothing instead they went for 50 billion:omg: Saying they have no idea if its working or not yet and will have no idea for a long time they also don't know yet where the money has gone. Mr admin boss po was it you i saw down in threadneedle street with the wheelbarrows of cash:Erm::D

I read the other day its rumoured now that the bank of England will keep printing 25 billion or more a month:omg: for a good few months at least until the leaves fall of the trees:doh
Many people I have asked were worried that the Pound was gaining in strength and they wanted a weaker pound:Brick: Im guessing their partners are not phills:D

Did others notice last month many seemed to be trying to talking up the British economy, while things have settled and people started to be a bit more sensible. People have gone back to trying to stretch buying houses already near me i can think of three houses deals that have fallen though.
Hopefully things are on the up and its just a blip, and these people were just unlucky.

The nasty worry is the W predicted by many economists seems to at the half way point. Many companies barely survived the last drop let alone another plus all the public bodies need to start shed jobs and reducing spending soon surely:Erm:

Anyway the weekend is here the Wifes sent her money for the month and hopefully in a months time the Philippines will have decided to print money sorry quantitative easing is the way forward:D

Northerner
12th August 2009, 04:03
And the £ to pesos rate as of 4am UK summer time 12/08/2009 is £1.00 = 78.9291 PHP :action-smiley-082:

:REGamblMoney01HL1:

KeithD
12th August 2009, 08:47
....and get ready for bad economic news today.....£/$ is crashing at the moment with the expected announcements today.

pennybarry
12th August 2009, 10:16
....and get ready for bad economic news today.....£/$ is crashing at the moment with the expected announcements today.

awwwwwwwwwww :omg::bigcry:

Wish it will goes high next week:doh

Northerner
12th August 2009, 11:36

:doh And I don't start collecting pesos till friday :cwm24:

Tawi2
12th August 2009, 11:39
Best I ever remember getting was 108,worst was when I first went it was mid 30's 34-36?

jimeve
12th August 2009, 20:01
Best I ever remember getting was 108,worst was when I first went in the mid 30's, 34-36?

Crikey mate, that was a long time ago.:D

Tawi2
12th August 2009, 20:05
Sharp :icon_lol:Mid 30's as in pesos per quid :icon_lol: not the 1930's.

jimeve
12th August 2009, 20:07
Sharp :icon_lol:Mid 30's as in pesos per quid :icon_lol: not the 1930's.

its how I first saw it, must be getting old.:Help1:

Northerner
12th August 2009, 20:13

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

fred
13th August 2009, 01:15

First time I changed a pound there I got 12PHP and thought that was a good rate!! Might of been 79 or 1980..

pennybarry
17th August 2009, 15:27
78.80 today at Iremit.
Don't know how much in Philippines black market:D:D:D

mrs traderdave
17th August 2009, 16:02
my hubby send me money last week to pay visa in philrem through my account its about 80.95 the rate:xxgrinning--00xx3:but i want the pound same before 98.00 is the rate when i receive money from my hubby at first:cwm12:

aposhark
17th August 2009, 18:33
Does anyone know where there is a set of figures to show the varying £/PHP rate over some years?

It would be nice to see a graph of the changes.

KeithD
17th August 2009, 20:28
Does anyone know where there is a set of figures to show the varying £/PHP rate over some years?

Yes :xxgrinning--00xx3:

The pound is dropping now. Why? Other countries are coming out of the recession without wasting anywhere near the Billions our government has. :doh

aposhark
17th August 2009, 21:32

The pound is dropping now. Why? Other countries are coming out of the recession without wasting anywhere near the Billions our government has. :doh

I was really hoping to see a graph of how the £/Php rate has changed over the years :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Northerner
17th August 2009, 22:16

Which will no doubt go down in history as the biggest transfer of wealth! From the working and middle class via taxes to the traders and bankers who can't afford to lose their investments :doh

Tonet
17th August 2009, 22:29
I was really hoping to see a graph of how the £/Php rate has changed over the years :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I dunno if i'm allowed to post a link but i will anyway just delete it po if not allowed and sorry.

http://www.tititudorancea.com/z/gbp_to_php_exchange_rates_british_pound_philippine_peso.htm

aposhark
18th August 2009, 08:28
I dunno if i'm allowed to post a link but i will anyway just delete it po if not allowed and sorry.

http://www.tititudorancea.com/z/gbp_to_php_exchange_rates_british_pound_philippine_peso.htm

Thanks Tonet :)

Northerner
18th August 2009, 13:32

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Excellent link Tonet.. :)

Bluebirdjones
18th August 2009, 13:51
£ Sterling vs Peso for the last 4yrs

http://www.fxtop.com/en/historates.php3?C1=GBP&C2=PHP&DD1=01&MM1=01&YYYY1=2005&B=1&P=&I=1&DD2=17&MM2=08&YYYY2=2009&btnOK=Go%21&MA=1