PDA

View Full Version : The Spring is nearly over....

aromulus
24th May 2009, 09:32
Has anyone noticed something very strange yet....?:Erm:

We are nearly at the end of May, and I haven't seen any swallows, Swifts, and House martins....:Erm:

It may seem trivial to some, but usually their arrival and joyous chirping announces summer is near.....:rolleyes:

Has anybody seen any yet...???:Erm:

KeithD
24th May 2009, 12:54
We are nearly at the end of May, and I haven't seen any swallows, Swifts, and House martins....:Erm:
:doh Ya Muppet :NoNo: The Filipina's have eaten them......:rolleyes:

ukgangster
24th May 2009, 12:58
Has anyone noticed something very strange yet....?:Erm:

It may seem trivial to some, but usually their arrival and joyous chirping announces summer is near.....:rolleyes:

Has anybody seen any yet...???:Erm:

Plenty here in Wales Dom, along with 1000's of Brums and Scousers all invading this part of Wales for the Bank Holiday. :Help1:

aromulus
24th May 2009, 13:00
Plenty here in Wales Dom, along with 1000's of Brums and Scousers all invading this part of Wales for the Bank Holiday. :Help1:

Nice to see you around, :xxgrinning--00xx3:

missing the input.:doh

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 16:56
[SIZE=4]We are nearly at the end of May, and I haven't seen any swallows, Swifts, and House martins....:Erm:

I thought they'd either been blown away or drowned! :bigcry:

somebody
24th May 2009, 17:38
All down south, this year on my jogs i have noticed far more birds. Although loads more magpies which i belive are not that popular in the bird world.

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 17:53
[QUOTE=somebody;137790]All down south, this year on my jogs i have noticed far more birds ...

... of the "feathered" variety, I take it! :lol2:

somebody
24th May 2009, 17:58
[QUOTE=somebody;137790]All down south, this year on my jogs i have noticed far more birds ...

... of the "feathered" variety, I take it! :lol2:
Yeah sadly:D

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 18:10
Although loads more magpies which i belive are not that popular in the bird world.

:omg: A bit like our wayward politicians in humankind ... and for reasons which are not altogether dissimilar ... ! :NoNo:

somebody
24th May 2009, 18:19
:omg: A bit like our wayward politicians in humankind ... and for reasons which are not altogether dissimilar ... ! :NoNo:

I did notice one of the magpie nests had a moat and the smell of manure was quite strong:D

Sim11UK
24th May 2009, 18:55
I did notice one of the magpie nests had a moat and the smell of manure was quite strong:D

Had they taken over the duck house?...Quack quack oops! :Cuckoo: :doh

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 19:12
Funny that,I havent seen one this year at all,normally see them skimming low over the river scooping up insects but none so far this season,as I was reading this though I can hear a flock of parrots outside,surrey is filled with them,quite tropical really :icon_lol:

somebody
24th May 2009, 21:32
Funny that,I havent seen one this year at all,normally see them skimming low over the river scooping up insects but none so far this season,as I was reading this though I can hear a flock of parrots outside,surrey is filled with them,quite tropical really :icon_lol:

Think they have all moved to middlesex:D First time you see the Parrots you do think hang on did i acidentally put pour some booze on my cornflakes that morning:Erm::D

irobot
24th May 2009, 22:04
Irobot..." Sunny Different From The Rest..." :Britain:

I Agree with the rest here down in good ole Somerset....Loads of swallows here mate, but we cheat a bit being in the rural countryside, I think they fly up the Bristol Channel and turn right,I always do have a look out and try see the very first one of the year. But if your at the right spot you can see them coming in from the Bristol Channel in a constant stream.For me the more interesting birds which just about makes my day when I see them is the ...Goldfinch,Bullfinch,Kingfisher...

I have had Goldfinch Mules ( Song Birds - a cross of Goldfinch x Canary and ref the word mule means = Mule as a term used to describe a none fertile Bird a cross of two different sub-species where as a hybrid is not and is fertile....) and my last songbird was a little Siskin Mule and it sang it`s heart out Gerrrrrrr !!:omg: at first light and all day and dusk he he he.... Phil..

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 22:22
They are ring necked parakeets somebody,thousands of them,like green pigeons,but theres a colony of beautiful orange-winged parakeets in Weybridge,much more colourful and less noisy :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
24th May 2009, 22:28
I`ve just had one for my dinner:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: a yummy and tasty bird pie:D:D

Tawi2
24th May 2009, 22:36
I`ve just had one for my dinner:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: a yummy and tasty bird pie:D:D
Chicken?Pigeon?Or if your not on a diet ostrich :omg:

Mrs Daddy
24th May 2009, 22:46
Chicken?Pigeon?Or if your not on a diet ostrich :omg:

cool:xxgrinning--00xx3: as what my american friend say :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

future=dreams
25th May 2009, 00:41
they demolished a problem part of the estate had 6 geese feeding in the waste ground left. :icon_lol: