PDA

View Full Version : Romance In The Manse

Arthur Little
24th May 2009, 23:20
In the light of the Church of Scotland having upheld the ordination of a practising homosexual :action-smiley-081: to a vacant charge in Aberdeen, it is widely expected he and his partner will, in due course, take up residence together in the manse.

As it is customary for a minister to share some part(s) of his ecumenical responsibiliies with his "wife", perhaps the impending incumbent will arrange for his live-in partner to be appointed President of the Women's Guild! :rolleyes:

somebody
24th May 2009, 23:28
In the light of the Church of Scotland having upheld the ordination of a practising homosexual to a vacant charge in Aberdeen, it is widely expected he and his partner will, in due course, take up residence together in the manse.

As it is customary for a minister to share some part(s) of his ecumenical responsibiliies with his "wife", perhaps the impending incumbent will arrange for his live-in partner to be appointed President of the Women's Guild! :rolleyes:

Good Idea many women love to have Gay friends.

Sophie
25th May 2009, 00:08
In the light of the Church of Scotland having upheld the ordination of a practising homosexual :action-smiley-081: to a vacant charge in Aberdeen, it is widely expected he and his partner will, in due course, take up residence together in the manse.

His ordination really did push through? :omg::omg: What a shame :NoNo:
I think this is a complete disrespect and mockery to what a church should stand for, in my opinion that is. Others may disagree, but to each his own.

Arthur Little
25th May 2009, 00:42
I think this is a complete disrespect and mockery to what a church should stand for, in my opinion that is. Others may disagree, but to each his own.

Many DID share your opinion, Sophie, believe me! Indeed I understand the Assembly received a petition containing the signatures of something like 1,500 protesters - among them, prominent and influential church dignitaries - yet, at the final count, their pleas appear to have been ignored and the controversial appointment ratified. :ARsurrender:

Sophie
25th May 2009, 12:22
yet, at the final count, their pleas appear to have been ignored and the controversial appointment ratified. :ARsurrender:

wow, unbelievable :NoNo::NoNo: