PDA

View Full Version : Need visa help asap

freedom2009
25th May 2009, 01:58
hello everyone , what a great site you have !!! ...

I need some help ASAP , i am british and my wife is filipino, i have lived in the phils for a few yrs with my wife, My wife is curently out in the phils with our new baby that we just had in sept and i had to return bk to Uk due to work reasons ,we are not sure weather we want to live in UK or bk in the phils as my wife has yet to come to UK,

My wife wants to come here with our baby who is registed as a british citizen in the phils, and wants to come on a tourist visa to meet my family show off our new baby and to see if she likes it here and was wanting to do Tourist Visa for 6months and if she likes it we plan then to settle here in Uk , My quick question is , If my wife does do the tourist Visa for 6months and we decide to settle here in Uk Is it possible to change her Visa over from Tourist visa to Settlement visa???

Any advice would be so greatful... :ARsurrender:

PAT
25th May 2009, 03:07
hello and welcome to the forum,regarding to your question,i dont think so but im not an expert about these things,there are many members here and mod who can help you most to clarify this matter to you.

darren-b
25th May 2009, 05:46
My quick question is , If my wife does do the tourist Visa for 6months and we decide to settle here in Uk Is it possible to change her Visa over from Tourist visa to Settlement visa???

The immigration rules no longer allow someone to switch from a tourist visa into a fiance/spouse visa. So your wife would have to return to the Philippines before her tourist visa expires - this is assuming of course she is granted a tourist visa in the first place.

freedom2009
25th May 2009, 06:24
Hi to everyone who has posted back,, ok i see so she would need to return to the phils,,, regarding if she will get a tourist visa -well there should be no reason why she shouldnt get a tourist visa as we have been married for over 4 years and we have a baby who is registered as british in the phils through the british embassy, i am british citizen from birth also, i work full time etc etc...

So if my wife came here on tourist visa then had to leave after the 6mths, is it possbile to apply for her application for settlement visa before she leaves Uk so the application wouldnt take so long to process,, ???

darren-b
25th May 2009, 06:55
Hi to everyone who has posted back,, ok i see so she would need to return to the phils,,, regarding if she will get a tourist visa -well there should be no reason why she shouldnt get a tourist visa as we have been married for over 4 years and we have a baby who is registered as british in the phils through the british embassy, i am british citizen from birth also, i work full time etc etc...

So if my wife came here on tourist visa then had to leave after the 6mths, is it possbile to apply for her application for settlement visa before she leaves Uk so the application wouldnt take so long to process,, ???

The ECO may question why your wife is going down the visit visa route, rather than the spouse visa route if you are now settled back in the UK. Part of the requirements for the granting of a visit visa is that you will leave the UK before it expires - you have given lots of reasons why your wife wouldn't want to leave the UK.

I don't think it's possible to really start the application from the UK as your wife will need to pay the fee (which I think needs to be done in the Philippines) and have an appontment to give her biometric data.

If it's likely that your wife is going to want to live in the UK why not apply for a spouse visa instead of visit visa?

darren-b
25th May 2009, 07:09
Should add that I didn't mean it would be refused (and if it was you could appeal anyway), just that it could be refused.

Mrs.JMajor
25th May 2009, 09:15

I suggest, why not give a try the tourist visa route, but you can't switch it to spuse visa, she really need to go back to the Philippines if she lucky to grant visit visa, just state in the cover letter why you are applying for visit visa, ECO might confussed why you are just applying v.v instead of spouse visa, anyhow good luck to both:):Hellooo:
Welcome to the forum:Hellooo:

IainBusby
25th May 2009, 11:10
Hi and welcome to the forum. I think your best bet, if you can meet all the requirements, would be to forget all about the visit visa and apply for a settlement visa.

You haven't given any details of your situation with regard to employment, accommodation or savings, but if they all measure up to the requirements and given that your evidence of relationship is very strong, getting a settlement visa would be almost a formality.

If you did apply for a visit visa, I think the ECO's are likely to be confused about it and wonder if your trying to circumvent the normal, lengthier and more expensive settlement visa route of bringing your spouse to the UK.
Iain.

vbkelly
25th May 2009, 13:41
hello everyone , what a great site you have !!! ...

I need some help ASAP , i am british and my wife is filipino, i have lived in the phils for a few yrs with my wife, My wife is curently out in the phils with our new baby that we just had in sept and i had to return bk to Uk due to work reasons ,we are not sure weather we want to live in UK or bk in the phils as my wife has yet to come to UK,

My wife wants to come here with our baby who is registed as a british citizen in the phils, and wants to come on a tourist visa to meet my family show off our new baby and to see if she likes it here and was wanting to do Tourist Visa for 6months and if she likes it we plan then to settle here in Uk , My quick question is , If my wife does do the tourist Visa for 6months and we decide to settle here in Uk Is it possible to change her Visa over from Tourist visa to Settlement visa???

Any advice would be so greatful... :ARsurrender:

just apply a spouse visa for her instead of tourist visa incase she like to live in uk and the visa is cheaper i think

Mrs.JMajor
25th May 2009, 14:39
Spouse visa - 43,875 php
visit visa - 6000 something, not sure the exact amount