PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage Docs/Papers

Florge
25th May 2009, 15:20
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what your mortgage paper look like? In my mind, it is similar to a Certificate of Title here (from the Registry of Deeds). My bf showed me a letter from his solicitor stating that he bought his house... and also showed me a notice of mortgage payment.. some sort of a billing statement.

Just wondering if we can use this as evidence of accommodation (applying for a fiancee visa soon) or should we request a different document. :Erm:

JudyHon
25th May 2009, 17:25
Hi everyone,

Just wondering what your mortgage paper look like? In my mind, it is similar to a Certificate of Title here (from the Registry of Deeds). My bf showed me a letter from his solicitor stating that he bought his house... and also showed me a notice of mortgage payment.. some sort of a billing statement.

Just wondering if we can use this as evidence of accommodation (applying for a fiancee visa soon) or should we request a different document. :Erm:

When we submitted for a fiancee visa, we included the original Summary Statement we received from the lender when the mortgage was taken out, that showed the overall terms and conditions of the mortgage (interest, duration, property address etc). I also included a couple of mortgage statements that the Nationwide lender sent every time the interest rate changed. This showed the monthly amount, so ECO could see this agreed to the monthly payments on the bank statement we also submitted.

I suspect each lender has it's own documents. We never had any questions from the Embassy on it. Presumably the Title Deeds are retained by the lender. We never requested a copy for our application.

Hope this helps:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
25th May 2009, 17:26
The documents mentioned should be ok, if your bf has the house description from the estate agent this is also useful to show the size of property etc.