PDA

View Full Version : Question about visa (if i can go home)

pinoyni
26th May 2009, 08:40
Hello to everyone

Before anything else I would like to thank the nice people here who have helped me shed light on my query.

I have another question. I was granted a wife visa and I'm now here in England. I am allowed to stay for 2 years. I am told that before that 2 years end I have to apply for indefinite leave to remain. My question is am I allowed to go home in between this 2 years and still eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain?

Thank you very much and more power to this forum.

pinoyni

darren-b
26th May 2009, 09:06
You don't have to remain in the Uk for the whole of the two years. You can visit home, or even have holidays in other countries.

Alec&Davina
26th May 2009, 09:39
Like Mr. darren have said u can go home and have a holidays with some countries.

Mrs.JMajor
26th May 2009, 13:29
But..................... you should not out of the country for 90 days, I guess in 2 years time, not bad, I guess you're not gonna spent 3 months in Philippines isnt it?

darren-b
26th May 2009, 13:57
But..................... you should not out of the country for 90 days, I guess in 2 years time, not bad, I guess you're not gonna spent 3 months in Philippines isnt it?

This isn't true, there is no specified limit. Though if you spend too much time outside of the UK, especially without your partner that may cause you a problem.

Absences are limited when it comes to citizenship.

Mrs.JMajor
26th May 2009, 14:10
This isn't true, there is no specified limit. Though if you spend too much time outside of the UK, especially without your partner that may cause you a problem.

Absences are limited when it comes to citizenship.

I guess, Am I wrong for the days (90) that you should in the UK for that lenght of month if you intended to apply ILR, but there is a limited days that you out of the country.

I think Joe will clear it later if he read the thread, I might wrong....:Erm:

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 14:54
for assurances pinoyni dont go out from uk for holiday :D:D:D which I managed:):):)

Ann07
26th May 2009, 15:33
for assurances pinoyni dont go out from uk for holiday :D:D:D which I managed:):):)

hahaha same here wheela:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
26th May 2009, 15:36

hahaha same here wheela:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Best idea you both, hehe but what like me:bigcry: I wanted to wait Jed result there in PI eh, rather wait the result of his application here in the :bigcry:UK

pinoyni
26th May 2009, 15:39
Thank you all for all the info, it is very helpful indeed. That is a relief to know that I can go home betwen these 2 years time. No I wouldn't be spending 90 days in the Phils I'm just concern if in case I have to go back home for emergencies (knock on wood) (simbako lang intawon ) Take care and God bess you all....... pinoyni

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 17:31
Best idea you both, hehe but what like me:bigcry: I wanted to wait Jed result there in PI eh, rather wait the result of his application here in the :bigcry:UK

I know you`re in a different situation and your exempted.Tts understandle juliet!:):):)

joebloggs
26th May 2009, 20:02
I guess, Am I wrong for the days (90) that you should in the UK for that lenght of month if you intended to apply ILR, but there is a limited days that you out of the country.

your right and wrong :doh :icon_lol:

to apply for ILR, there is no set number of days you have to be in the uk for a spouse visa ( other types of visa's like work permits there is a set limit), but if you spend along time out of the uk, there is a small risk they could refuse you, because the UK is suppose to be your home.

the 90 days figure you mentioned, is for citizenship, so if you want to apply for citizenship it does matter because..

Residential requirements

In order to demonstrate the residential requirements for naturalisation you need to:

* have been resident in the United Kingdom for at least three years (this is known as the residential qualifying period); and
* have been present in the United Kingdom three years before the date of your application; and
* have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the three-year period; and
* have not spend more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three-year period; and
* have not been in breach of the immigration rules at any stage during the three-year period.

so you can spend upto 270 days out of the uk in those 3 years, but not more than 90 in the last year of the 3 years, so you have 180 days to use over 2 years (90 days a year is what many people try to stick to) if you spend longer than that outside the uk, you might have to wait a lot longer before you can apply for citizenship.

pinoyni
27th May 2009, 10:13
Thank you joebloggs for you comrehensive and infomative message

aromulus
27th May 2009, 10:17
Thank you joebloggs for you comrehensive and infomative message

That's Joe for you.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
27th May 2009, 12:49

Yep, when I was holding a FLR, i was out for almost 9 months but they still granted my ILR..

Mrs.JMajor
27th May 2009, 12:53
Yep, when I was holding a FLR, i was out for almost 9 months but they still granted my ILR..

Huh, that was nice info tin, meaning I can be with Jed waiting for his visa result in Manila, about 3 months wohooow

Alec&Davina
27th May 2009, 18:21

same thing with my wife.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

tiN
27th May 2009, 18:25
Huh, that was nice info tin, meaning I can be with Jed waiting for his visa result in Manila, about 3 months wohooow

Yep, because of my hubby's work, he works abroad alot. But we prove them that everytime he have his holiday he will come and visit me in Pinas :D

tiN
27th May 2009, 18:26
same thing with my wife.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, well done :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

But it is so much stress to prove them that ur still seeing each other even though not leaving in UK aye?:doh:doh

waljenforever32
27th May 2009, 18:39
hello just would like to know where we can apply for FLR?I'm new here in UK i've just stay here nearly 3 months just wondering if thier any form for me to fill up after we got married with my boyfriend this coming june 18.A form that will allow me to work in this country.I hope people here can give me some information.....thank you very much

waljenforever32
27th May 2009, 18:46
hello to all people here in uk forumn i would just ask some question here if thiers any form form for me to fill up for me allow to work in thic country.Coz my visa right now is fiancee visa and the immigration told me that i will just allow to work in this country after i get married.So i'll be marrying this coming June 18th.I hope anybody here can help to give more information.thank you and more power to all Filipina here......thank you

waljenforever32
27th May 2009, 18:49
hello to all people here in uk forumn i would just ask some question here if thiers any form form for me to fill up for me allow to work in thic country.Coz my visa right now is fiancee visa and the immigration told me that i will just allow to work in this country after i get married.So i'll be marrying this coming June 18th.I hope anybody here can help to give more information.thank you and more power to all Filipina here......thank you

Alec&Davina
27th May 2009, 18:50

u can apply flr even right after ur wedding. it will be better if u prepare all the documents now so at least its only the Marriage Cert u need to submit it.

the immigration is right, u can only work in here if uve ur Flr and National Insurance Number.

Goodluck and Congrats on ur wedding..:D

darren-b
27th May 2009, 19:01
u can apply flr even right after ur wedding. it will be better if u prepare all the documents now so at least its only the Marriage Cert u need to submit it.

the immigration is right, u can only work in here if uve ur Flr and National Insurance Number.

Goodluck and Congrats on ur wedding..:D

As you say you need FLR to start working (just being married isn't enough) but you don't actually need a National Insurance Number straightaway as you can apply for one after you've started working.

Alec&Davina
27th May 2009, 19:08
As you say you need FLR to start working (just being married isn't enough) but you don't actually need a National Insurance Number straightaway as you can apply for one after you've started working.

I stand corrected Darren.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
27th May 2009, 19:13

but you will have to wait until your number of days out of the uk falls before 270 in the last 3years before you can apply for citizenship :doh

John Chingford
29th May 2009, 12:24
At the end of the 2 years you will want to apply for ILR indefinite leave to remain (unlimited stay in Britain). At this time you will need to prove that the 2 of you have been living together consistently. The Home Office will want to know for sure that it isn't a marriage of convenience but a TRUE marriage. I would advise it is ok to visit home for emergency reasons or for a brief holiday but best to go together. Basically always keep in mind that after 2 years you will be applying for indefinite stay so you need to build up your "portfolio" now. Best not to do anything (unless necessary and can be justified with evidence) wich might jeopardise your application in 2 years time.

aug06_2006
29th May 2009, 21:44
hello just would like to know where we can apply for FLR?I'm new here in UK i've just stay here nearly 3 months just wondering if thier any form for me to fill up after we got married with my boyfriend this coming june 18.A form that will allow me to work in this country.I hope people here can give me some information.....thank you very much

Hello, adv.congratz sa inyong kasal...

John Chingford
30th May 2009, 10:48
You cannot apply for work permit until you are married. After you get married you will first need to apply for extension of your fiancee visa to a spouse visa = 2 years. Under spouse visa you will be allowed to work.

Therefore, once you are married on Jun 18th you can immediately start applying to the Home Office for spouse visa via their website. You will need to print-off the FLR (M) form and follow the instructions. However, best not to apply for FLR (2 years extension to your visa) until you have 1 month left on your 6 month fiancee visa. In the meantime (after your wedding) spend time getting your passport amended to married name. Please read my thread entitled

Latest Information On UK Fiancee visas, Spouse Visas, ID Cards

tiN
30th May 2009, 17:23
but you will have to wait until your number of days out of the uk falls before 270 in the last 3years before you can apply for citizenship :doh

:doh:doh:doh

we can cope i think :NoNo::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
30th May 2009, 20:23
best not to apply for FLR (2 years extension to your visa) until you have 1 month left on your 6 month fiancee visa.

:Erm: why ?

you can apply for FLR once your married if you're on a fiancée visa.

or

if you came to the UK more than 3 months after the start date of your spouse visa, and you need to apply for FLR, you can apply for FLR any time.

:D

John Chingford
31st May 2009, 03:46
Hi Joe Bloggs! I am a little confused by what you have wrote. My thorough investigation into Home Office and British Embassy website tells me something different (if I have understood them and you correctly). I read somewhere that they do not want you to apply for extension to your visa more than 1 month before expiry date - maybe that is the ILR - I will look again. If you did it says your application would be ignored.

Surely an FLR is the same as a spouse visa? Why would you get a spouse visa and then apply for FLR afterwards if you already have spouse visa? The person was asking about FLR after fiancee visa.

joebloggs
31st May 2009, 06:44
Hi Joe Bloggs! I am a little confused by what you have wrote. My thorough investigation into Home Office and British Embassy website tells me something different (if I have understood them and you correctly). I read somewhere that they do not want you to apply for extension to your visa more than 1 month before expiry date - maybe that is the ILR - I will look again. If you did it says your application would be ignored.

Surely an FLR is the same as a spouse visa? Why would you get a spouse visa and then apply for FLR afterwards if you already have spouse visa? The person was asking about FLR after fiancee visa.

your thinking of ILR - You must not send us your application more than 28 days before the end of your two-year qualifying period. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the fee

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(m)/

you would apply for FLR(m) if you was on a spouse visa, if you was not physically in the UK 2 years (-up to 28 days) before your spouse visa expired, many people would never need to thou, especially now a spouse visa is valid for 27 months, not 24 months.

you would also apply for FLR is you could not pass the life in UK test before your visa expires.

from the FLR (m) guidence form ,,

5 WHEN TO APPLY
You and any children under 18 applying with you should
apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the UK

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/guideflrm042009

once your'e married then you can apply for FLR.

John Chingford
31st May 2009, 13:34
Thanks JB for correcting me. Useful information for those applying for FLR or ILR when not resident in UK.

I was simply trying to answer the person who said they were already in UK with a fiancee visa. The 1st person did mention ILR but I was not answering their question on my 2nd post but the other person. I have to say that threads can become confusing if those who read the thread change the subject of the thread and introduce new questions so that those who reply confuse other readers who they are answering to. It would be good somehow if a new question could be started on new threads every time.