PDA

View Full Version : Hotel in Gagayan De Oro??

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 19:03
Ohh well! Stuck again, and trawling through the Google searches:Erm:
Does anybody know of some nice reasonably priced Hotels in this nice City please?
We stayed at the Discovery Hotel there, and found it pretty nasty:censored:

Your helps will be greatly appreciated:D

Philip...

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 19:05
try VIP hotel velez street CDO :)

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 19:14
try VIP hotel velez street CDO :)

Thank u, will look

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 19:41
http://www.kingstonlodge-cagayandeoro.com/ppc/?gclid=CMKJvaPP2poCFQq3sgod6RP82Q

Look here, so nice, and cheap, and great reviews.

Incredible:D

Anybody stayed here?

Cheers..

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 19:46
looks fab for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:never been there but give it a go and share your experience to us:)

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 19:55
looks fab for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:never been there but give it a go and share your experience to us:)
Yes I will do just that!

It looks great, and all that for 15 quid a night:D
The reviews are great. How can you go wrong?:D

The only thing that may not be good is the weather:omg:

Mrs Daddy
26th May 2009, 20:01
Yes I will do just that!

It looks great, and all that for 15 quid a night:D
The reviews are great. How can you go wrong?:D

The only thing that may not be good is the weather:omg:

you`ll get use to the weather a week or so:xxgrinning--00xx3:goodluck:Hellooo:

Fitzy
26th May 2009, 21:02
you`ll get use to the weather a week or so:xxgrinning--00xx3:goodluck:Hellooo:

Rainy season huh?

Sim11UK
26th May 2009, 22:15
Hi Phil

I'd agree with Mrs Daddy, we've stayed at the VIP 3 times, I like it though I'm not too keen on the breakfasts?

Had our lunch at Kingston Lodge, but not stayed there...It's out towards the airport. Iain Busby knows about this place.

If you're feeling really flush, you could stay at the Pryce Plaza. Really nice we stayed here for 3 nights. Probably the best hotel in Cagayan de Oro.
Has a great dining room, with views over the city, if you can get a seat by the window.

Anway some food for thought.

All the best :)

Fitzy
27th May 2009, 09:08
Hi Phil

I'd agree with Mrs Daddy, we've stayed at the VIP 3 times, I like it though I'm not too keen on the breakfasts?

Had our lunch at Kingston Lodge, but not stayed there...It's out towards the airport. Iain Busby knows about this place.

If you're feeling really flush, you could stay at the Pryce Plaza. Really nice we stayed here for 3 nights. Probably the best hotel in Cagayan de Oro.
Has a great dining room, with views over the city, if you can get a seat by the window.

Anway some food for thought.

All the best :)

Hi Sim.

Nice 1 mate.
Did you get a general opinion? What was your opinion of Kingston Lodge?
The food menu looks nice.:)
It's also handy because of the location, and close to the Airport, coz our flight to Palawan leaves so very early!
I can't seem to Google locate the VIP mate, if poss, can you point me in the general direction/website pls?
Gonna stay from the 13th to the 19th, then off to Palawan till the 25th:D
The Pryce Plaze should be nice at £61 per night lol:)

Take care.

Phil...

IainBusby
27th May 2009, 10:32
Hi Fitzy,
I have never stayed at Kingston Lodge but I have been up there quite a lot and Louella and I had our wedding there. I don't think it would measure up to the VIP hotel where I have stayed as well. But it's a sort of hang out for the ex-pats and it's always a good laugh up there with Tony King and the rest of the bunch.

I have also stayed at the Parkview Hotel which up the top end of the city square. This hotel doesn't have much in the way of amenities, no restaurant etc, but it's clean, the service is great, it's very cheap, about P700 to P1,000 per night and I really like it because it's right in the heart of the city and within easy walking distance of all the live music bars around there. When we stayed there we would go to the other more upmarket hotels around there and have breakfast for about P300 each.

Parkview Hotel, Tirso-Neri Sts, Cagayan de Oro. +63 (0)8822 726656
Cheers,
Iain.

Fitzy
27th May 2009, 11:39
Hi Fitzy,
I have never stayed at Kingston Lodge but I have been up there quite a lot and Louella and I had our wedding there. I don't think it would measure up to the VIP hotel where I have stayed as well. But it's a sort of hang out for the ex-pats and it's always a good laugh up there with Tony King and the rest of the bunch.

I have also stayed at the Parkview Hotel which up the top end of the city square. This hotel doesn't have much in the way of amenities, no restaurant etc, but it's clean, the service is great, it's very cheap, about P700 to P1,000 per night and I really like it because it's right in the heart of the city and within easy walking distance of all the live music bars around there. When we stayed there we would go to the other more upmarket hotels around there and have breakfast for about P300 each.

Parkview Hotel, Tirso-Neri Sts, Cagayan de Oro. +63 (0)8822 726656
Cheers,
Iain.

Nice one Iain.

Well, she don't like the Kingstone coz she says all guys take their girls for rent there, Lol
So be it.
Will try the Parkview, and thanks again for the tip.

Phil...

Sim11UK
27th May 2009, 14:17
Hi Phil

Just google VIP Hotel Cagayan de Oro :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We went for sunday lunch to Kingstone Lodge...both had fish & chips :)
It was Iain who recommended it...To be honest it was a bit like walking into the saloon, in a western when the piano player stops & everyone looks at you...Then people just got on with their business. Everyone was eating around a big table outside.

To be fair, we kept ourselves to ourselves, didn't make any effort as the majority were expats, but we both felt a little uncomfortable?

Very close to SM Mall though. :)

Fitzy
27th May 2009, 14:43
Hi Phil

Just google VIP Hotel Cagayan de Oro :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We went for sunday lunch to Kingstone Lodge...both had fish & chips :)
It was Iain who recommended it...To be honest it was a bit like walking into the saloon, in a western when the piano player stops & everyone looks at you...Then people just got on with their business. Everyone was eating around a big table outside.

To be fair, we kept ourselves to ourselves, didn't make any effort as the majority were expats, but we both felt a little uncomfortable?

Very close to SM Mall though. :)

Hi Sim.

Confirms what my girl said!!
Apparently is famous as a place for call girls, and their clients!!

Will stay away from it, lol

Thanks mate.

Phil..

sarahlee
27th May 2009, 23:19
Ohh well! Stuck again, and trawling through the Google searches:Erm:
Does anybody know of some nice reasonably priced Hotels in this nice City please?
We stayed at the Discovery Hotel there, and found it pretty nasty:censored:

Your helps will be greatly appreciated:D

Philip...

try PRYCE PLAZA HOTEL really nice there

eagles
28th May 2009, 02:25
deluxe hotel or pearlmont hotel.....its near the cogon market, cheap clean and decent

sunshine
28th May 2009, 08:28
http://www.kingstonlodge-cagayandeoro.com/ppc/?gclid=CMKJvaPP2poCFQq3sgod6RP82Q

Look here, so nice, and cheap, and great reviews.

Incredible:D

Anybody stayed here?

Cheers..

not a good one. i'm from cagayan de oro.

sunshine
28th May 2009, 08:33
I recommend Apple tree hotel (beach and pool) and Marco hotel (massive pool and complete amenities including spa and gym). We stayed there, clean and affordable and yummy foods:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ladybug_sim
28th May 2009, 09:11
Rainy season huh?

Hi! Fitzy, good to hear that you want some info where you want to stay while you are in CDO.. if you want to get early to Palawan? Pryce Plaza is good. Well, yes, it is expensive but recommended :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:..hmmm VIP Hotel is nice if you want to go anywhere while you are staying here ....we stay there before when my bug is here :smileybigtmouth:and it is accessible where you want to go too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
28th May 2009, 19:58
not a good one. i'm from cagayan de oro.

Hi

I already booked it 'tho only 10% to be lost if a cancel!
What is bad about it please??
It looks real nice on the web, but they all do of course:)

Fitzy
28th May 2009, 20:02
Hi! Fitzy, good to hear that you want some info where you want to stay while you are in CDO.. if you want to get early to Palawan? Pryce Plaza is good. Well, yes, it is expensive but recommended :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:..hmmm VIP Hotel is nice if you want to go anywhere while you are staying here ....we stay there before when my bug is here :smileybigtmouth:and it is accessible where you want to go too :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Well, funny you should say about VIP hotel!!
My Girl says it is good, and she would like to stay there, so we may well as book it for sure.
She did not completely approve of Kingston lodge!
php 784 is not much to lose if it's a bad place:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks again

anngrimes78@msn
28th May 2009, 21:23
im from cagayan de oro and i would recommend pryce plaza or you could go to that one by the beach in roan opol i couldnt remember the name sorry.
my hubby loved it there cause its clean and service is very good.

vbkelly
28th May 2009, 21:33
Nice one Iain.

Well, she don't like the Kingstone coz she says all guys take their girls for rent there, Lol
So be it.
Will try the Parkview, and thanks again for the tip.

Phil...

parkview hotel my brother and my cousins work there

Fitzy
29th May 2009, 00:26
It looks like the VIP Hotel is the winner hehhehhe, subject to my girls approval when she visits there today:D

Will be flying out on 11 Aug, and can't wait:):)

IainBusby
29th May 2009, 09:46
im from cagayan de oro and i would recommend pryce plaza

If you've got money to burn, it's very expensive.

parkview hotel my brother and my cousins work there

Fitzy's girl says it used by prostitutes but when we stayed there I didn't see anything like that going on. Mind you it was at the end of August at fiesta time so there were lots of visitors in town and the hotel was fully booked up with quite a few families staying there, so maybe they do allow prostitutes to take their clients there when things are not so busy.

There are prostitutes to be seen up at that end of the city square when the night cafe is on and there were a couple of girls who were booked in with their westerner bf's, but not just for one-nighters as you would expect if they were prostitutes. Maybe you can ask your bro and find out about this for sure Bing.
Iain.

Fitzy
29th May 2009, 13:50
If you've got money to burn, it's very expensive.

Fitzy's girl says it used by prostitutes but when we stayed there I didn't see anything like that going on. Mind you it was at the end of August at fiesta time so there were lots of visitors in town and the hotel was fully booked up with quite a few families staying there, so maybe they do allow prostitutes to take their clients there when things are not so busy.

There are prostitutes to be seen up at that end of the city square when the night cafe is on and there were a couple of girls who were booked in with their westerner bf's, but not just for one-nighters as you would expect if they were prostitutes. Maybe you can ask your bro and find out about this for sure Bing.
Iain.

Yes Iain, am sure is the same in all places, inc London lol!
The VIP hotel looks great actually:D
Roni will be going there tomorrow to check it out, but for a tenner or so a night it looks pretty resonable.

Many thanks for all your helps guys.

Godbless

Mrs Daddy
29th May 2009, 17:05
Thats all sorted then:D:D:D

vbkelly
29th May 2009, 22:55
prostitutes can go any hotel or posh hotel especially if they hired by foreigners.

Fitzy
30th May 2009, 20:33
prostitutes can go any hotel or posh hotel especially if they hired by foreigners.

Indeed so!

trader dave
31st May 2009, 04:04
:yikes: i dont know where people get the idea that kingstone lodge is where guys take there rented girls:icon_lol: the place is run by 2 englisg guys and there wifes :xxgrinning--00xx3: the accomadation is great and the area is safe and as people said you are right next to sm mall

now the best part about kingstone lodge is the ENGLISH FOOD and i defy anyone to find that anywhere else as far as the other hotels in cagayan go yes some are ok but you are downtown in the smog and noise

i should know because i am there at the moment :furious3: and the fecking chickens:NoNo::NoNo:

also there are plenty of shortime hotels around cagayan for as little as 100php an hour so why would people want to pay kingstone lodge prices :doh:doh:NoNo:

Fitzy
31st May 2009, 06:13
:yikes: i dont know where people get the idea that kingstone lodge is where guys take there rented girls:icon_lol: the place is run by 2 englisg guys and there wifes :xxgrinning--00xx3: the accomadation is great and the area is safe and as people said you are right next to sm mall

now the best part about kingstone lodge is the ENGLISH FOOD and i defy anyone to find that anywhere else as far as the other hotels in cagayan go yes some are ok but you are downtown in the smog and noise

i should know because i am there at the moment :furious3: and the fecking chickens:NoNo::NoNo:

also there are plenty of shortime hotels around cagayan for as little as 100php an hour so why would people want to pay kingstone lodge prices :doh:doh:NoNo:

Nice 1 Dave!!!!!

Great thread, coz I already booked it, and put down PHP 784 lol
Hmmmm, will be a good idea to introduce Roni to English food. A very good idea indeed.
Thank you for that, kind friend!
How long are you there for mate??
Perhaps we can meet up in August???
All the best mate.

Philip, and Roni

IainBusby
31st May 2009, 10:18

I have to agree with Dave, I've spent quite some time up there with Tony King (one of the owners) and the other ex-pats who tend to hang out there, most of whom own properties nearby and I've never seen anything like that going on. I think it would be slightly impractical as Dave says, it's about 5 miles from the city centre and about a mile from SM. I don't think there is anywhere around there where you could find a prostitute, there's only highway between there and SM and between there and the airport. I think that people are just making the assumption that if ex-pats hang out there then it follows that there must be prostitutes there.
Iain.

Fitzy
31st May 2009, 16:52
I have to agree with Dave, I've spent quite some time up there with Tony King (one of the owners) and the other ex-pats who tend to hang out there, most of whom own properties nearby and I've never seen anything like that going on. I think it would be slightly impractical as Dave says, it's about 5 miles from the city centre and about a mile from SM. I don't think there is anywhere around there where you could find a prostitute, there's only highway between there and SM and between there and the airport. I think that people are just making the assumption that if ex-pats hang out there then it follows that there must be prostitutes there.
Iain.

Well said my friend, as even my other half asked me if I was like, i quote,' the other westerners'
I think both us, and them have a stigma, I'm afraid!!!
The other day I had to reassure Roni, that I am not like that, and not all Filipinas are prostitutes:NoNo:
When I mentioned that I had been to see her 3 times in the last year she agreed with me:D:D
I do however hope she likes our food, as I like hers, as I'm in to healthy eating, with the likes of rice, and fish etc...
On a whimsical note, her Mum when she ever briefly talks to me, insted of grunting, told me that Roni can't cook, and I reassured he that it didn't matter, as I am a pretty good cook myself:D
Her Mum doesn't like me at the moment coz I'm not yet divorced!
In fact I think that I would be a pretty good Husband, coz I don't mind cleaning, and cooking.
I do however draw the line at changing nappies:D
We agreed I wd buy them when we have a kid, and she wd change them lol...

Am looking forward to meeting Tony, and his crew, although I'm not the kind of guy to go to the Phils, and look for a fish, and chip shop:cwm12: