PDA

View Full Version : finance visa requirement?

kenny
26th May 2009, 23:03
Hello everyone.

Just one question here to ask for the moment.

Can anyone tell me please-do i need a report from the environmental health, to say that my mothers place is sufficient(to say that it is not overcrowded) for my girlfriend to live.
If so how do i go about it:doh:Erm:
I had some advice from a solicotor at the begining of the year and i was told to do that.
Salamat.

Arthur Little
26th May 2009, 23:37
:Erm: I shouldn't have thought so, Kenny ... but there again, I COULD be wrong ... :rolleyes:

Mrs.JMajor
27th May 2009, 00:02
For accomodation purpose, I should say yes, and well you already ask the solicitor, nothing wrong the more you comply with all the requirements the better, nothing wrong to add on that on your application, are you applying visa ???

darren-b
27th May 2009, 05:15
If your mother's place is a borderline case (ie many people there or is very small) then it is probably a good idea to obtain one from your local council. Here's a link for the service in Scarborough (you will need to google for your local council)

http://www.scarborough.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=8543

If though for example there's just the two of you living in a 3 bedroom house I wouldn't bother.

kenny
27th May 2009, 10:39
If your mother's place is a borderline case (ie many people there or is very small) then it is probably a good idea to obtain one from your local council. Here's a link for the service in Scarborough (you will need to google for your local council)

http://www.scarborough.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=8543

If though for example there's just the two of you living in a 3 bedroom house I wouldn't bother.

It is a two bedroom place, with two double rooms. my mum and her partner in one and my self in the other. we intend to stay here up until the marriage and then find a rented house.

IainBusby
27th May 2009, 10:50
It is a two bedroom place, with two double rooms. my mum and her partner in one and my self in the other. we intend to stay here up until the marriage and then find a rented house.

I think that as long as you you have your own room and it's a double bedroom, that's all they will be interested in. Four people in a house with two double bedroons could not be classed as overcrowded. You will of course need a letter from your mum stating that she has agreed to let you both live there until you find a place of your own.
Iain.

kenny
27th May 2009, 11:20
I think that as long as you you have your own room and it's a double bedroom, that's all they will be interested in. Four people in a house with two double bedroons could not be classed as overcrowded. You will of course need a letter from your mum stating that she has agreed to let you both live there until you find a place of your own.
Iain.

ok thanks Iain, Yes we would be having our own room here and it is a double room. So do you think it is necessary to get in touch with the local council for a report from the environmental heath to say that it is sufficient?

darren-b
27th May 2009, 12:45
ok thanks Iain, Yes we would be having our own room here and it is a double room. So do you think it is necessary to get in touch with the local council for a report from the environmental heath to say that it is sufficient?

From what you have said there should be no need (assuming it's a normal flat/house). I can understand though why an immigration lawyer has told you to get one - they are just playing it safe.

Have you checked with your local council? If they can offer the service quickly for nothing then you have nothing to lose by getting them to provide the certificate (though I personally still wouldn't bother...).

xebec
27th May 2009, 16:11
The application form for visa asks how many rooms you have excluding IIRC the kitchen and bathroom. Including photographs and dimensions may also clarify matters