PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson seeks place in history

Win2Win
26th May 2009, 23:20
Sir Alex Ferguson sets his sights on elevating his Manchester United side into the pantheon of European football's all-time great teams.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/8068994.stm)

Arthur Little
27th May 2009, 00:02
Sir Alex Ferguson sets his sights on elevating his Manchester United side into the pantheon of European football's all-time great teams.

More... (http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/sport1/hi/football/europe/8068994.stm)

I'm no expert on the 'Big Game'. :football3: But it cannot be denied that Ferguson coninues to be the driving force behind United's phenomenal success :REDancedancer08: ... which, for a man who would normally be considered as being well-past his "sell-by date" in most other *fields, *[excuse the pun] speaks volumes. Mind you, he's a Scot, so I suppose I'm biased!

Arthur Little
27th May 2009, 00:38
And who among us :cwm24: (old enough to remember) can possibly forget the legendary Matt Busby [also a Scot] Man U's manager at the time of the ill-fated Munich Air Disaster - which claimed the lives of several of his promising young players known as the "Busby Babes" more than half a century ago?

So yes, I would say the Club has more than earned its place in Euopean Cup Winners' :icon_win: history!

Alan
27th May 2009, 00:54
I am not a United fan. I also think that the 'Champions League' is a ridiculous concept. For example, a team finishes, say, 4th in the league and goes into the 'Champions League??!!'

For me, the 'real' European Champions were the teams that won the 'European Cup.' Celtic were the first British team to do so, then United followed shortly afterwards, aided in no small way by the magnificent Georgie Best!!

Having said that, I certainly wish United all the best for later today.

Al.:)

KeithD
27th May 2009, 01:17
They still have to work hard to beat Liverpool European record. :)

bornatbirth
27th May 2009, 15:27
it wont be long?

before utd have more trophies:D