PDA

View Full Version : waiting list...

marylen
1st June 2009, 09:54
okay guys my sister been to ukvacs yesterday june 1 (phil time), everything went out well, she done it quick, applied for a spouse visa, please tell me if anyone out here still waiting for their visa and how long now since? I just can't wait of course to have her visa as well, so nice to get reunited back, we surely gonna meet up sometime soon....

She will be coming to colchester essex england hopefully soon(if granted), anyone out here from there? you are all welcome to meet up my sister as well, we can't do meet much as possible as i am way farther(scotland).
But.....so sad one of my sister the youngest (age 16) will be left behind, all our life weve been together,we go and been to same places back home but sad to say everything change now,her two older sisters(me and my other sis) was now married and nothing she can do about it but to accept the fact that we need to parted ways........i might cant handle it, she has no more big sis to go along with everytime if she wants to go somewhere, she will be feeling so lonely....oh my...that so hard.....wish we can take her from here or even wish we can raise up more cash and so we can finally settle in phils sometime soon..but anyway....never mind ..what impt is everything went so well n fine as we deserve to be. thank you...

mickcant
1st June 2009, 10:12
okay guys my sister been to ukvacs yesterday june 1 (phil time), everything went out well, she done it quick, applied for a spouse visa, please tell me if anyone out here still waiting for their visa and how long now since? I just can't wait of course to have her visa as well, so nice to get reunited back, we surely gonna meet up sometime soon....

She will be coming to colchester essex england hopefully soon(if granted), anyone out here from there? you are all welcome to meet up my sister as well, we can't do meet much as possible as i am way farther(scotland).
But.....so sad one of my sister the youngest (age 16) will be left behind, all our life weve been together,we go and been to same places back home but sad to say everything change now,her two older sisters(me and my other sis) was now married and nothing she can do about it but to accept the fact that we need to parted ways........i might cant handle it, she has no more big sis to go along with everytime if she wants to go somewhere, she will be feeling so lonely....oh my...that so hard.....wish we can take her from here or even wish we can raise up more cash and so we can finally settle in phils sometime soon..but anyway....never mind ..what impt is everything went so well n fine as we deserve to be. thank you...

Hello marylen :Hellooo:
My wife is in Manila and applied for a settlement visa and paid the fee on April 16th it seems to take 12 weeks to know the result, it is half way for us but seems a very long time.:Erm:
All the best,
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
1st June 2009, 12:43
okay guys my sister been to ukvacs yesterday june 1 (phil time), everything went out well, she done it quick, applied for a spouse visaShe will be coming to colchester essex england hopefully soon(if granted.

Hello. Glad to hear everything went well for your sister. It's always difficult to accurately guage the waiting period. :rolleyes: But take heart ... spousal visas are SELDOM - if ever - denied. And that's straight from the:Horse1: mouth!

mickcant
1st June 2009, 12:47
Hello. Glad to hear everything went well for your sister. It's always difficult to accurately guage the waiting period. :rolleyes: But take heart ... spousal visas are SELDOM - if ever - denied. And that's straight from the:Horse1: mouth!

Arthur, that has cheered me up a lot.:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Thanks, Mick.:cwm12:

Arthur Little
1st June 2009, 13:05
Hello marylen :Hellooo:
My wife is in Manila and applied for a settlement visa and paid the fee on April 16th it seems to take 12 weeks to know the result, it is half way for us but seems a very long time.:Erm:
All the best,
Mick.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I agree, Mick. Like "eternity"! I know there's an old saying constantly reminding us that "a watched pot never seems to boil". And, having [only three months ago] been one half of a couple waiting anxiously for the outcome of MY wife's application, I can testify to there being more than a grain of truth in this statement. But - as I've just said to marylen - take comfort from the fact that spouse visas are RARELY :NoNo: (if ever) refused, and I'm almost certain your good lady's will be one of the next to be granted.

Cheers to you both,
Arthur.

marylen
1st June 2009, 13:09
yeah i can truly say that as well, i applied for a spouse visa which took 9th weeks with no interview, it only rare to be denied for as long u got all the documents.so no problem........to all whose on the waiting list , just enjoy the moment while u were still in the phils, it may be long before u can see them all unless if ur husband have more spare cash to travel at anytime if you feel so ....good luck ...

Mrs.JMajor
1st June 2009, 13:14
Hi Marylen, :Hellooo:Good luck to your sister, I know she dont need to deal with worry, just the time of waiting, yes lol title was very much indeed right, Good luck once again

Mickcant Wish you all the very best to your wife application as well, you will be together soon:BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
1st June 2009, 14:06
my sister ...we can't do meet much as possible as i am way farther(scotland).
.....so sad one of my sister the youngest (age 16) will be left behind

But at least - unlike the 8,000 miles that separate you and your married sister at the present moment - the distance between whichever part of Scotland you live in and Colchester only amounts to a few hundred.

And, *in time, your younger sister will, I'm sure, become eligible to apply for a Tourist Visa on account of her having [not only one, but two] siblings over here. This would allow her to visit the UK for a period of up to six months.

* I say this in deference to the new 'age restrictions' imposed last November. Whether those apply to proposed visits by close family members, I'm not entirely sure. Again, it's only right to point out that tourist visas are normally difficult to obtain UNLESS applicants can amply justify the reason(s) for such visits ... which your remaining sister in the Phils would certainly be able to do on attaining the age of 21.

As regards what I've said in my second and third paragraphs above, Marylen, ...far from proclaiming myself to be an expert in these matters, I would suggest you might like to seek the advice of others more experienced than me. :cwm12:

paulgee
1st June 2009, 19:53
Well ..... we applied for a spouse visa on 25th March, and are currentlyl waiting to hear the result. I hope the 12 week estimate is accurate. The last few months have gone verrrrry slowly.

Regards

Paul

Mjaes
12th June 2009, 14:50
any updates re: everyone's application? it's been a while since i last read an application being approved... paulgee, any luck? it's almost 12 weeks since march 25, any updates?

mickcant
12th June 2009, 16:14
any updates re: everyone's application? it's been a while since i last read an application being approved... paulgee, any luck? it's almost 12 weeks since march 25, any updates?

Hi,:ARsurrender:
There could be anouuther month for us, ours went in on 16th April.
It sure feels like a long time!

I was in my High St bank this week and a manager wanted to see me, to say I wasa not making the best of my saving account as some of it should be moved to a higher rate account.
I explained I was about to draw some out when hopefully my Filipina wifes settlement visa had been approved.

He said congratulations "have you met her yet".
I replied I met her 3 years ago and married in the Philippines last year.
At least he seemed embarrased!
Mick.:doh

Tawi2
12th June 2009, 16:53
Mick,that made me laugh,some people havent got a clue to be honest,you should have compounded his embarrassement by telling him you were deeply offended :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
12th June 2009, 17:03
:icon_lol:
Hi,:ARsurrender:
There could be anouuther month for us, ours went in on 16th April.
It sure feels like a long time!

I was in my High St bank this week and a manager wanted to see me, to say I wasa not making the best of my saving account as some of it should be moved to a higher rate account.
I explained I was about to draw some out when hopefully my Filipina wifes settlement visa had been approved.

He said congratulations "have you met her yet".
I replied I met her 3 years ago and married in the Philippines last year.
At least he seemed embarrased!
Mick.:doh

Mick,that made me laugh,some people havent got a clue to be honest,you should have compounded his embarrassement by telling him you were deeply offended :icon_lol:

hahaha I am sure he was embarrassed lol...:doh:doh:Erm:

Tawi2
12th June 2009, 17:06
Some people are ignorant,I got into a few scuffles and even a decent kick-off once when someone asked how much I paid for my wife,he got a bit of a shock at my reaction:icon_lol:He was much bigger than me,luckily I had something close at hand :icon_lol:

LEAHnew
13th June 2009, 06:34

Hi I was granted last June 8 and received on 9th,at exactly 11 weeks and followed by another member here :rolleyes: let's wait for her announcement:D coz she's leaving so soon

and to Shirley (Paulgee other half) I hope and pray her visa on the way very soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
13th June 2009, 13:27

Hi Mjaes, I still dont have my visa until now. Hopefully it is approve and will receive it before the end of this month.

paulgee
13th June 2009, 13:41
Hi I was granted last June 8 and received on 9th,at exactly 11 weeks and followed by another member here :rolleyes: let's wait for her announcement:D coz she's leaving so soon

and to Shirley (Paulgee other half) I hope and pray her visa on the way very soon:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers sis. Im hoping and praying that we'll have the chance to be on the same flight soon......

Alec&Davina
13th June 2009, 18:37
Goodluck to all those waiting for their visas and congrats to all who already..:)

Jonnywina
13th June 2009, 19:27
what are the chances of getting a decision on a visa within 16 weeks? I have booked a flight 17 weeks after submission. The ticket to Manila is for £320 from london return and I can't say no to that.

Mjaes
13th June 2009, 19:30
congratulations, leah! that's good to hear. my sister applied for a spouse visa last april 22 and has been waiting since. she's starting to worry... it's been almost 8 weeks. hopefully the visa comes in soon. hope everyone keeps us posted for a little encouragement. :-)

Mjaes
13th June 2009, 19:31
jonnywina, which airline is this? that's cheap! when will the flight be?

Tawi2
13th June 2009, 19:36
That IS cheap Jonny,got to be before taxes :Erm:If its that cheap I might pop over again before the end of the year :Erm:

Jonnywina
13th June 2009, 20:08
Singapore airlines have put on a 2 week promo for flights from heathrow. For travel from sept to nov 9. £295 for return to singapore is crazy but will be booked up soon.

Price includes everything. It is one of their super deals and what a deal it is.

singaporeair.com

we haven't got our visa yet but I pay £800 normally for the flight and at this price if we don't have a visa by then, we might as well have a cheap holiday.

Ji&Ma
13th June 2009, 20:25
congratulations, leah! that's good to hear. my sister applied for a spouse visa last april 22 and has been waiting since. she's starting to worry... it's been almost 8 weeks. hopefully the visa comes in soon. hope everyone keeps us posted for a little encouragement. :-)
Tell her to take it easy - my mahal submitted her fiancee visa application day after your sis did and still waiting too:NoNo::doh
What I've seen in here it takes about 10 -12 weeks now...
So heads UP and keep faith:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo: