PDA

View Full Version : can a child file for a visit visa...?

aryM
3rd June 2009, 08:05
i need some advise on this....:Erm:

If I apply for a visit visa to UK with my two kids, how will the process be...? are we going to apply for a separate visit visas? At what percentage of assurance that our applications be granted? My British Boyfriend will sponsor the 3 of us. The age of my sons are 6 and 4 (nearly 5)

Mrs.JMajor
3rd June 2009, 10:09
Impossible, as he is only your b/f, dont get me wrong nor I am not making you upset, but you wait for other members post

Bluebirdjones
3rd June 2009, 11:26
I have to reflect Mrs J's opinion.

The British Embassy don't issue that many (successful) visitor's visas.
The reason .... because they think that the "visitor" may not return home.

So, if you arrive as a visitor, with your children....... if all is great, is nice,
is marvellous.... what is the incentive to return to the Philippines ?
(They is how they will look at it).

If you apply alone for a visitor's visa, the chances are still low,
but at least the Embassy will realise that you have something to return for
(ie, your children)

Only my opinion..... but .....

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 11:33
Bluebird,I read the posts of people applying for visas,it always amazes me how difficult the process is,any ideas what % of people who apply for a tourist visa have success?Surely(from my experience) more pinoys come here on student visas and vanish into the cracks,I know quite a number who are here on "Student" visas simply to work so why penalise legitimate tourist visa applicants?What % who apply for spouse visas are granted?Or Fiancee visas? :Erm:

Bluebirdjones
3rd June 2009, 11:58
Unsure of the actual %ages....

but I'm sure I read somewhere that
90% of tourist visas are unsuccessful
whereas
90% of spouse/financee visas are successful

....although happy for others to correct me, amend the figures

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 12:02
Thanks BB,interesting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
3rd June 2009, 13:31
Fiancee visa 90% sure or lets make it 98% because only Frances/Philip been refused but when they appeal, they got thier visa

Spouse visa so far as far as members in this forum is concern, havent had any denied/refused, owe all that to Keith's forum

Visit visa- not even 50% as based in members in the forum again who applied for v.v. so far its just like 5 members I heard being grant that was since I become member here, I can name those 5 lol

Tawi2
3rd June 2009, 13:35
Fullofhope was granted a visitors visa last year without even having an interview Mrs M,and I think she is coming back next month :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
3rd June 2009, 13:45
Fullofhope was granted a visitors visa last year without even having an interview Mrs M,and I think she is coming back next month :xxgrinning--00xx3:

She is then include on the 5

:icon_lol:

IainBusby
3rd June 2009, 14:45
i need some advise on this....:Erm:

If I apply for a visit visa to UK with my two kids, how will the process be...? are we going to apply for a separate visit visas? At what percentage of assurance that our applications be granted? My British Boyfriend will sponsor the 3 of us. The age of my sons are 6 and 4 (nearly 5)

I think it would be extremely difficult to get visit visas for your children because in the UK the state assumes the ultimate responsibility for the care of any children whilst they are in the country so they would would want to be absolutely certain that they would not become a burden to the state in any way or for any reason. A visit visa will be difficult enough to get just for yourself, even if your case looks good on paper, as many have said on here before, it seems to be a bit of a lottery.

If your bf has a good regular income, enough money in the bank, owns his own property and if the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer) who looks at your visa application is having a good day, then he may well grant your visa if he or she thinks, that given your circumstances in Phils, you are likely to return to Phils before you visa expires.

If your bf doesn't have a good regular income, or enough money in the bank, or doesn't own his own property, or if the ECO is just having a bad day, then the chances are your visa will not be granted, regardless of whether he or she thinks you will return before your visa expires.

Iain.

joebloggs
3rd June 2009, 17:27
Impossible, as he is only your b/f, dont get me wrong nor I am not making you upset, but you wait for other members post

he can still sponsor her and her kids, but not as a family member, but if your refused you will not been give full rights to an appeal.

most adults can act as sponsors for friends etc.but its a lottery with a VV, pot luck if you get one or not ..

aryM
4th June 2009, 06:55
Thanks all for your replies,.. at least now i have learned some important points about our plan for applying a visit visa. I am a teacher here, and the school has just started if ever given a chance to visit UK, it would only for about 2 months the most as my kids are not allowed to be absent more than that. I can't also leave my job here for so long, and dont intend to stay there beyond the approved stay.

But anyways, thanks for sharing some points, i know you know better than me when it comes to matters like this.

Thanks again and God bless you all...!

Florge
4th June 2009, 07:29
it is always easier if the bf visits ...

aryM
4th June 2009, 08:04
it is always easier if the bf visits ...

yes, but he visited here twice already and now he wants us to visit him and see what's life there...:Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 09:01
Oh, alright, since you said youre working as a gov't employee, "YOU" as in you only have big chance to be grant by the visit visa, but If I am the ECO, I will have doubt if you bring your kids with you, I may suspicious that you're not gonna leave the UK, will thats how sometimes ECO think of..IMO

Florge
4th June 2009, 09:20
yes, but he visited here twice already and now he wants us to visit him and see what's life there...:Erm:

oh i see... well, you can still try, at least you won't have the "what ifs"... that was what I and my bf planned out first... but, I wasn't too keen on taking the risk of getting denied, so we opted for a fiancee visa route...who knows, they may consider your application since you have work as a teacher to come back to.. yun nga lang, will you be okay to take the risk and the expense involved... good luck to you and I wish you well... :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
4th June 2009, 09:25
Hi Flor, morning/good pm to you, well I guess she can try as the visit visa fee is not that expensive thou...its only 6thousand something, the expensive is if you got the visit visa, then the next expensive one, AIRFARE, less 50k php per head, now AryM at least you have rough estimate about it....

IainBusby
4th June 2009, 19:56
As you have a good job as a government employee, if you do apply to come to the UK on your own without your children and you got a letter from your school saying you are expected to return to work on a certain date, that would work in your favour. What might also work in your favour is that the ECO would know that you will have 2 kids at home in the Philippines waiting for you to return.

Do you have your own house there in the Philippines? If you do that would also work in your favour, it would be another reason to make the ECO think that you would be likely to return before your visa expires.

Iain.

aryM
5th June 2009, 06:41
As you have a good job as a government employee, if you do apply to come to the UK on your own without your children and you got a letter from your school saying you are expected to return to work on a certain date, that would work in your favour. What might also work in your favour is that the ECO would know that you will have 2 kids at home in the Philippines waiting for you to return.

Do you have your own house there in the Philippines? If you do that would also work in your favour, it would be another reason to make the ECO think that you would be likely to return before your visa expires.

Iain.

Hi Iain,.. thanks a lot for the reply..:)

But its hard to leave my kids here, they are still very young and they needed me., though i have my parents to look for them, they will be looking for me as they are not used to being away from me, and me too on the same way.:cwm34: Another is that, my bf wants them also to be with me during the visit. He does like the idea of leaving the kids here too.

I don't own a house here, i live with my parents as i can't afford to have one. And it would be hard for me also to rent a house for just the three of us and a helper as my kids where already schooling. :doh

aryM
5th June 2009, 06:49
Oh, alright, since you said youre working as a gov't employee, "YOU" as in you only have big chance to be grant by the visit visa, but If I am the ECO, I will have doubt if you bring your kids with you, I may suspicious that you're not gonna leave the UK, will thats how sometimes ECO think of..IMO

Hi Mrs.JMAjor,.. thanks for the idea, but its hard to leave my kids here and my bf deoesnt like that idea too.., The kids needs me so much and not used to be away from me and same with me too I'm not used to be away from them.:NoNo:

But thank you for sharing your idea,..God bless you always!:cwm38:

Mrs.JMajor
5th June 2009, 09:56
Hi Mrs.JMAjor,.. thanks for the idea, but its hard to leave my kids here and my bf deoesnt like that idea too.., The kids needs me so much and not used to be away from me and same with me too I'm not used to be away from them.:NoNo:

But thank you for sharing your idea,..God bless you always!:cwm38:

I am still in crying mode most of the time especially b4 go to bed, thinking of my 4 yrs old that I left in PI, same thing since I gave birth to him, we havent been apart, but I already apply his dependant visa last June 01 and we are just waiting for the visa, life sometimes need sacrifice sis, and as hubby keep telling me, "no pain no gain";);););)

aryM
6th June 2009, 13:25
I am still in crying mode most of the time especially b4 go to bed, thinking of my 4 yrs old that I left in PI, same thing since I gave birth to him, we havent been apart, but I already apply his dependant visa last June 01 and we are just waiting for the visa, life sometimes need sacrifice sis, and as hubby keep telling me, "no pain no gain";);););)

How long have you been there Mrs. JMajor? How did you cope with the change of lifestyle and culture there?

I wish i am as strong as you... i like the "no pain no gain" idea, but still don't know if i can do the same like you did... but i'll think of it,.. thanks so much again my friend...:cwm38:

Mrs.JMajor
6th June 2009, 17:10
How long have you been there Mrs. JMajor? How did you cope with the change of lifestyle and culture there?

I wish i am as strong as you... i like the "no pain no gain" idea, but still don't know if i can do the same like you did... but i'll think of it,.. thanks so much again my friend...:cwm38:

Arrived here last March 01, lifestyle doesnt make any difference, culture not much as well, but the weather that was the big deal for us filipino since we came from humid country, but I am 100% you can adopt the weather so quick, you wouldnt believe i even have runny nose, sore nose keep wiping it and even got fever lol but after 1 month, wow yes I made it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And also I dont have relatives nor siblings/parents to care for my kids while I am away, just a trusted friends, its terrible,:bigcry: but your right I born as a strong person, just think of it the reason why you'll gonna do all those is because for your kids, loads of things want to share to you but I will try to tell you in private, alright Good luck. Just some words of inspiration to you

aryM
7th June 2009, 13:13
Arrived here last March 01, lifestyle doesnt make any difference, culture not much as well, but the weather that was the big deal for us filipino since we came from humid country, but I am 100% you can adopt the weather so quick, you wouldnt believe i even have runny nose, sore nose keep wiping it and even got fever lol but after 1 month, wow yes I made it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

And also I dont have relatives nor siblings/parents to care for my kids while I am away, just a trusted friends, its terrible,:bigcry: but your right I born as a strong person, just think of it the reason why you'll gonna do all those is because for your kids, loads of things want to share to you but I will try to tell you in private, alright Good luck. Just some words of inspiration to you

Thanks again my friend.., how can i talk to you privately?:rolleyes:

My bf does not really like the idea of leaving the kids here, he loves my kids and considered them as his own,. he said "we must stick together.." He also wants us to meet his family there. As of this time, i would rather not go there without my kids:NoNo:. I guess we just have to be more patient in gathering some informations so that we can decide for the right things to do. But i really do appreciate your ideas Mrs. JM, it was sch a great help for me in coming up a decision.

We love each other so much, and we also love the kids so much... "we must stick together" as what he has said and hopefully we'll be able to do what we have planned.,or maybe think of a much easier way...

God bless you and your family Mrs. JMajor

Where in UK do you live?

Mrs.JMajor
7th June 2009, 13:39
If the words is "must stick together" then marry in the philippines and you will start from there, you can include your kids with you when you apply spouse visa, thats the best idea I can think of,
Living here in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk,
I will wait for your 80 more post before you can access for private messages here in the forum lolz, just kidding

aryM
8th June 2009, 07:48
If the words is "must stick together" then marry in the philippines and you will start from there, you can include your kids with you when you apply spouse visa, thats the best idea I can think of,
I will wait for your 80 more post before you can access for private messages here in the forum lolz, just kidding

Hello again Mrs JMajor..,:)

Thanks again for another suggestion, will just discuss it with him.

From where are you in Philippines? and Were you and your husband now got married here in the Philippines?

If will be given a chance to be in UK, hope i can meet you there..:cwm38:

Mrs.JMajor
8th June 2009, 08:51
From where are you in Philippines? and Were you and your husband now got married here in the Philippines? No, we married here in the UK, live in sta mesa for 27 years, but bought 2 house in Binangonan, staying there for 8 years now

If will be given a chance to be in UK, hope i can meet you there..:cwm38: Sure why not, but the funny thing is I been saying that to some of my friends in the UK whILE I am still in Philippines but when I arrived I live very far from there, 5 hours to drive, but that 5 hours drive u can compare two way going Baguio, wlang traffic like Manila, at gas so expensive, so i just told hubby, no dont bother to come, ! liter its like 120 pesos and that five hours drive you will end up in gas 7 thou php, carry mo yon:NoNo: super mahal :doh

IainBusby
8th June 2009, 09:33

I agree with Mrs M, getting married in the Philippines is the best option. The other option is to apply for a fiancee visa, but because the fiancee visa application will include 2 children, it will be a bit more complicated and uncertain than a spouse visa.

You haven't mentioned your marital status or the childrens father, whether he is alive and whether he has contact with the children or is named on their birth certificates. These sort of details will have a lot of bearing on how easy, or difficult it will be to get either a fiancee or a spouse visa.
Iain.

aryM
9th June 2009, 06:42
I agree with Mrs M, getting married in the Philippines is the best option. The other option is to apply for a fiancee visa, but because the fiancee visa application will include 2 children, it will be a bit more complicated and uncertain than a spouse visa.

You haven't mentioned your marital status or the childrens father, whether he is alive and whether he has contact with the children or is named on their birth certificates. These sort of details will have a lot of bearing on how easy, or difficult it will be to get either a fiancee or a spouse visa.
Iain.

Hi Iain,. Thanks for the reply. I am already widowed for about 2 years now. My children are legitimate too.

Mrs.JMajor
9th June 2009, 10:08
Hi Iain,. Thanks for the reply. I am already widowed for about 2 years now. My children are legitimate too.

Lucky for you, you dont need to spend 300 thousand php for annulment and wait for nearly 2 years for the decision:NoNo::doh

IainBusby
9th June 2009, 10:30

In that case I think that as long as you have evidence of your relationship and that he has visited you in Phils and as long as your bf/fiancee has adequate funds to support you all in the UK, a good steady income and his home in the UK is adequate to house you all, then I don't think you will have any problems in getting either a spouse or fiancee visa.

The advantages of marrying in Phils and applying for spouse visa rather than a fiancee visa is that you can work in the UK from the day that you arrive and you don't have any other visa procedures to go through for 2 years.

If you go for the fiancee visa, it will be for 6 months only and you have to get married in the UK within the 6 month period of the visa. Then you have to apply for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) which will last until you have been in the UK for 2 years in total. At that time you will have to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) which is the same visa that you would have had to apply for after 2 years, if you had come here on a spouse visa.
Iain.

aryM
10th June 2009, 06:41
In that case I think that as long as you have evidence of your relationship and that he has visited you in Phils and as long as your bf/fiancee has adequate funds to support you all in the UK, a good steady income and his home in the UK is adequate to house you all, then I don't think you will have any problems in getting either a spouse or fiancee visa.

The advantages of marrying in Phils and applying for spouse visa rather than a fiancee visa is that you can work in the UK from the day that you arrive and you don't have any other visa procedures to go through for 2 years.

If you go for the fiancee visa, it will be for 6 months only and you have to get married in the UK within the 6 month period of the visa. Then you have to apply for FLR (Further Leave to Remain) which will last until you have been in the UK for 2 years in total. At that time you will have to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) which is the same visa that you would have had to apply for after 2 years, if you had come here on a spouse visa.
Iain.

Our original plan is to file for a visit visa...,and from that visit, we'll decide as to where we should get married and stay. :Erm:Will a certification from a doctor that my kids can't be left here during my visit because of the tragedy that happened to us? as they need constant attention from me for them to be fully recovered. Their school is also willing to certify that they'll be absent from the classes for about 2 months and will be coming back after that. These documents will also be notarized. Is there a chance for them to be granted with a visit visa?:Erm:

darren-b
10th June 2009, 06:52
Our original plan is to file for a visit visa...,and from that visit, we'll decide as to where we should get married and stay. :Erm:Will a certification from a doctor that my kids can't be left here during my visit because of the tragedy that happened to us? as they need constant attention from me for them to be fully recovered. Their school is also willing to certify that they'll be absent from the classes for about 2 months and will be coming back after that. These documents will also be notarized. Is there a chance for them to be granted with a visit visa?:Erm:

I can't see having letters from a doctor and the school is going to really help. For example the school can't force them to come back, only you can. Being notarised is fairly meaningless - it doesn't make the contents any truer.

There is always a chance they will be granted with a visit visa and the only way to find out is to apply. Obviously there is a chance the visas will be refused and the fees wasted.

aryM
10th June 2009, 06:57
I can't see having letters from a doctor and the school is going to really help. For example the school can't force them to come back, only you can. Being notarised is fairly meaningless - it doesn't make the contents any truer.

There is always a chance they will be granted with a visit visa and the only way to find out is to apply. Obviously there is a chance the visas will be refused and the fees wasted.

...I see:NoNo:

Thanks for the reply Darren, will have to think of it..

Mrs.JMajor
10th June 2009, 08:30
...I see:NoNo:

Thanks for the reply Darren, will have to think of it..

Tough, isnt it ?:)So the best option,marry in the Philippines:xxgrinning--00xx3: and you all (kids) stick together when u apply spouse visa

aryM
12th June 2009, 07:54
Tough, isnt it ?:)So the best option,marry in the Philippines:xxgrinning--00xx3: and you all (kids) stick together when u apply spouuse visa

Thanks again Mrs Major,.. will try to consider that as an option to solve our problem. I'll give you updates about it and hope i can see you there...

Thanks again,.. take care and God bless you and your family...:cwm38:

aryM
12th June 2009, 07:58
To all who shared some points and views regarding my inquiry thank you so much,...I appreciate all your help and will consider all those options.

God Bless everyone....! :)