PDA

View Full Version : Philippine Independence Day Celebration in Morden Park

Dedworth
5th June 2009, 10:33
Anyone know what time it kicks off ? Last year we got there a bit early before the free shuttle bus from outside the tube station started running

Tawi2
5th June 2009, 10:41
I went two or three years ago and found a tenner outisde the station :xxgrinning--00xx3: I might pop over at the weekend depending upon the weather,doesnt it normally start at 9 or 10am?:Erm:

maria_and_matt
5th June 2009, 10:57
i think is 10 am, but weather doesnt look too promising at the mo... we are planning to go there tomorrow...

Tawi2
5th June 2009, 11:00
I am only a few miles from Morden and the sky is overcast and grey,it rained hard about 30 minutes ago :Erm: Typical british summer :icon_lol:

Dedworth
5th June 2009, 11:03
I am only a few miles from Morden and the sky is overcast and grey,it rained hard about 30 minutes ago :Erm: Typical british summer :icon_lol:

Not looking good is it ! :NoNo:

maria_and_matt
5th June 2009, 12:47

can u please wake up early tomorrow and give me an early weather forecast before we leave ipswich... please :icon_lol::Cuckoo:

Tawi2
5th June 2009, 12:50
I hate to tell you both this but its drizzling at the moment :NoNo:,has been on and off for the last few hours :NoNo:

maria_and_matt
5th June 2009, 12:59
:NoNo:... i hope it improves tomorrow.... i miss going to festivals and this is our first this year...

Tawi2
5th June 2009, 19:30
Decent forecast locally for tomorrow,looks like rain wont stop play,two choices,shopping in Kingston or maybe spend an hour in Morden :Erm:

maria_and_matt
5th June 2009, 19:34
morden!!!!!!!:BouncyHappy:

EdwardB
5th June 2009, 22:00
Microsoft Outlook calendar has this event as June 13 2009. Wikiipedia has it June 7.

Morden!!! Why?

Today has been seriously cool in neigbouring Wimbledon. We scraped 60F. Forecast for tomorrow is no better & Sunday even colder.

Oh to be in Hong Kong or Davao!!! & poor Ana is at a funeral in Manila!

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 09:41
Bl**dy hell,forecasters were wrong :icon_lol: Raining :icon_lol:

Tawi2
6th June 2009, 09:42
Forgot to add,sunday is forecast to be a washout,if todays prediction is anything to go by bring suncream,shorts,and shades :xxgrinning--00xx3:

lilibeth
6th June 2009, 09:43
A bit of rain this morning but my husband and I will still be there - for a while at least. If the rain is too heavy then we will travel in to Croydon and shop!

Bluebirdjones
6th June 2009, 10:02
... good call.

Think we'll do the same

.. with a late visit to Surrey Street market

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

johncar54
6th June 2009, 10:47
I did not see a mention here as to when Independence Day is. On the web I found several contenders:- 27th Jan, 12 June (from Spain in 1811) 4th July (maybe imposed by USA).

So guys tell us when is the day or do you have many?

Independence from The Spanish, USA and Japan ...........

lilibeth
8th June 2009, 16:55
Well, we went to Morden and stayed all day. Weather wasn't too bad so didn't do any shopping.

Some of the acts were very good - especially liked group that play at Shepherd's Bush but didn't catch their name.

Husband liked gorl singer - Riva?

Going to Hounslow this Sunday and hope sun shines.

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:09
Is Hounslow THIS sunday :Erm:

http://www.barriofiestasalondon.com/

maria_and_matt
8th June 2009, 19:18
Is Hounslow THIS sunday :Erm:

http://www.barriofiestasalondon.com/

yes, independence day festival... sunday

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:19
So theres TWO festivals this year in Lambton Park :Erm:Popular Venue :icon_lol:

maria_and_matt
8th June 2009, 19:22
So theres TWO festivals this year in Lambton Park :Erm:Popular Venue :icon_lol:

y:Deah, indepence day and barrio fiesta

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:25
:icon_lol: They are probably booking it for Rizal day,GMA's birthday,Pinoy saturday(yeah,I just made that up,but you know pinoys,they dont need a special occassion to PARTYYYYYYY) :icon_lol::Rasp:

maria_and_matt
8th June 2009, 19:28
:icon_lol: They are probably booking it for Rizal day,GMA's birthday,Pinoy saturday(yeah,I just made that up,but you know pinoys,they dont need a special occassion to PARTYYYYYYY) :icon_lol::Rasp:

i hope they do:icon_lol: the more festivals the better:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:bring out the magic miccccccccc:BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:34
:omg: Not the MIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE :icon_lol: Everyone fighting,scratching and pulling hair over who gets to sing Whitney Houston first :icon_lol:

maria_and_matt
8th June 2009, 19:38
:omg: Not the MIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE :icon_lol: Everyone fighting,scratching and pulling hair over who gets to sing Whitney Houston first :icon_lol:

yes the MICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC... everytime we have a party here at home i take the mic out and my son goes oh no not again and he disappears never to be seen again:icon_lol:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:41
I have heard rumours that ITV are filming a new series of "Neighbours from hell" :Erm: I bet your popular in your area :D

maria_and_matt
8th June 2009, 19:44
I have heard rumours that ITV are filming a new series of "Neighbours from hell" :Erm: I bet your popular in your area :D

so very popular:icon_lol: i have to give them like a weeks notice if i am having an all niter... gives them time to organize their caravans so they can run up to the hills where its quiet:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:49
Oh,if only I had pinoy neighbours living on BOTH sides of me,I could lie awake till 4.30am in the morning listening to their harmonious voices :icon_lol::icon_lol: