PDA

View Full Version : Charity Shops

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 11:38
When i first came to this country i have noticed so many charity shops. Some could never be thought as one of them for they have the same qualities as that of the ordinary shops in the high street. They are tidy, bright and smells clean.....
How do you find or what can you say about the items being sold from these shops?.....not the ambiance of the store but the items being sold?

Thanks for the replies..

:)

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 12:02
Ukay-ukay shops :xxgrinning--00xx3: Actually the first time I ever got anything from an ukay-ukay shop was in march when someone bought me a pair of shorts in Pinas as I had forgotten my swimming shorts,I still have the shorts here at home :xxgrinning--00xx3: As for UK oxfam type shops theres one in Weybridge,theres always loads of bags outside first thing in the morning that people have left there overnight,I have even seen harrods plastic bags as I walked past,always been tempted to peek inside :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 13:59
Ukay-ukay shops :xxgrinning--00xx3: Actually the first time I ever got anything from an ukay-ukay shop was in march when someone bought me a pair of shorts in Pinas as I had forgotten my swimming shorts,I still have the shorts here at home :xxgrinning--00xx3: As for UK oxfam type shops theres one in Weybridge,theres always loads of bags outside first thing in the morning that people have left there overnight,I have even seen harrods plastic bags as I walked past,always been tempted to peek inside :icon_lol:

So are they the same as the items sold on carboot and on ebay?:Erm:

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 14:07
I dont know to be honest :Erm:The only car bootie I have been to was the one at Ascot and the one at Taplow,I presume its the same sort of things for sale?:Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 14:15
I dont know to be honest :Erm:The only car bootie I have been to was the one at Ascot and the one at Taplow,I presume its the same sort of things for sale?:Erm:

thanks for the reply Tawi2:xxgrinning--00xx3:. You seem to be travelling all around the globe and knows almost every stuff to be talked about but not this one.:omg::Erm:
I have noticed that there is always a carboot sale on newspapers here but until now i don't have the chance to drop by to any of them. The ebay stuffs are items sold online, i suppose. Just don't know if they are the same stuffs...brand new or slightly used?

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 14:20
The very next time I see bags stuffed full of goodies outside a charity shop I will check,just for you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Please dont let it be on your conscience however if I am spotted on CCTV camera and find myself headlined in "The Walton &Weybridge informer" as "Charity thief caught in the act" :omg::doh:ARsurrender::Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 14:26
The very next time I see bags stuffed full of goodies outside a charity shop I will check,just for you :xxgrinning--00xx3: Please dont let it be on your conscience however if I am spotted on CCTV camera and find myself headlined in "The Walton &Weybridge informer" as "Charity thief caught in the act" :omg::doh:ARsurrender::Erm:

you made me laugh...:icon_lol:pls don't check the bags, CCTV cameras are all over the town centers.

Why don't you try visiting one of the shops? So you have an idea what are those being sold there? As i have noticed you are an adventurer:xxgrinning--00xx3:. You have been in all corners of the country you have visited, the Philippines in particular. You had experienced being with people coming from all walks of life, knew the life in the slums, stayed in a posh village, tried eating banana que.... etc.etc.

You know mostly about the Phils and the people more than the filipinos living in that country:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but you missed these stuffs that are very English ( i suppose).... those are the carboot sale, ordering items on ebay and charity shops....:D

Peace:Hellooo:

Cheers!:)

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 14:57
Is that how the english are viewed:Erm:Car-booters,e-bay online shoppers,and charity shop rummagers :Erm: Oh,how the mighty hath fallen :NoNo::ARsurrender::bigcry:

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 15:16
Is that how the english are viewed:Erm:Car-booters,e-bay online shoppers,and charity shop rummagers :Erm: Oh,how the mighty hath fallen :NoNo::ARsurrender::bigcry:

Hi Taw2, have you tried e-bay shopping?

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 15:20
Loads of times,I have a pair of boots on at the moment I bought on the 'Bay,Lowa Deserts,normally £130,thats what I payed last time in a shop,I got these for 80 notes :xxgrinning--00xx3: Brand new,in the box with all the tags,never once had a problem buying online :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 15:23
Dont buy on e-bay Philippines though,its filled with fake perfumes,fake dietary pills,fake Gucci handbags,probably a fake site actually,only know one person in pinas who bought something on the site and they complained about the item :icon_lol:Mag-ingat sa philippine e-bay :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 16:10
Loads of times,I have a pair of boots on at the moment I bought on the 'Bay,Lowa Deserts,normally £130,thats what I payed last time in a shop,I got these for 80 notes :xxgrinning--00xx3: Brand new,in the box with all the tags,never once had a problem buying online :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Why are items sold on e-bay cheaper? knowing they are brand new?:Erm:

Dont buy on e-bay Philippines though,its filled with fake perfumes,fake dietary pills,fake Gucci handbags,probably a fake site actually,only know one person in pinas who bought something on the site and they complained about the item :icon_lol:Mag-ingat sa philippine e-bay :icon_lol:

So buying on e-bay UK means they aren't fake?:Erm:

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 17:46
They have the same qualities as that of the ordinary shops in the high street.

Very often BETTER, actually! But I've also noticed it's possible to buy NOT ONLY quality items [particularly clothing] but goods that simply CAN'T be bought for love nor money - especially off-season - in the rather mundane 'High Street' chain stores ... which tend to "follow each other like sheep":18: in their range(s) of merchandise stocked at any given time.

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 17:48
Items on e-bay are cheaper than identical shop bought goods because your not paying overheads,no premises rental,no utility bills nor staff etc :xxgrinning--00xx3:As for fake items on the 'Bay yes there are some here but theres more accountability in the UK with trading standards etc,no such thing in pinas,I bought a Ralph Lauren t-shirt in Kingstons Bentall Center for £55,I know I am getting the genuine authentic item,fakes here are normally sold from car-boots or outdoor markets like Kempton Park,yet in Pinas Gaisano,SM,and Robinsons all sell fake Ralp Lauren and other brand name goods at rock bottom price,fraud and counterfeit goods are rife in pinas :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th June 2009, 18:09
brand new or slightly used?

Mostly the items donated ARE slightly-used. But, from time to time, you'll find brand NEW - and frequently, BRAND NAMES - on display ... and selling for a mere fraction of the price :cwm24: you would pay for the same articles in the likes of Austen Reed, Debenhams or even M & S.

jimeve
7th June 2009, 18:14

Gone upmarket, I remember jumble sales on the street corners when I was a young lad.

Tawi2
7th June 2009, 18:18
Jumble sale :Erm: Didnt they used to hold them in the chruch halls when we were kids :Erm:I havent heard of a jumble sale for years,though a few weeks ago I actually saw a sign for a garage-sale as someone was emigrating,we are switching to americanisms :icon_lol:

jimeve
7th June 2009, 18:25
its all that fast food junk, mac ducks.:icon_lol:

bornatbirth
7th June 2009, 19:36
most of the stuff is second hand ie pre owned or brand new and not used most often given to the store,dont you get the bags in the post for old clothes to leave on the street to be collected?

you should go in and look around you will be surprised what you can buy in there.

Pepe n Pilar
7th June 2009, 20:40
Mostly the items donated ARE slightly-used. But, from time to time, you'll find brand NEW - and frequently, BRAND NAMES - on display ... and selling for a mere fraction of the price :cwm24: you would pay for the same articles in the likes of Austen Reed, Debenhams or even M & S.

Donated brand new items and branded names on charity shops? How about in e-bay shops if they sell cheaper items are they for sure not donated goods?

Sim11UK
7th June 2009, 22:51
Some great finds to be had in charity shops, often have quality items.

Also good for a rummage round, if you have a fancy dress party to attend...You can usually get a good outfit, for a few quid. :8_1_215:

pennybarry
8th June 2009, 06:42
Not yet experienced to buy 2nd hands clothes there. I'm after their toys and quality items to display at home. Very classy:xxgrinning--00xx3: and good for collections to sell/keep in Pinas someday :)

IainBusby
8th June 2009, 09:48
My wife seems to be incapable of walking past a charity shop without going in and rummaging around for a bargain.
Iain.

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 13:48
Not yet experienced to buy 2nd hands clothes there. I'm after their toys and quality items to display at home. Very classy:xxgrinning--00xx3: and good for collections to sell/keep in Pinas someday :)

Hi Penny,
Have you seen brand new branded items?(signature clothes). When you're inside the charity shops are you not tempted to take a look at the clothings?:Erm: (mag usisa lang or mag baka sakali in tagalog). We know how women are...You might happen to see brand new items with a seal on it.
Ah so you're fond of bric-a-bracs collection as well.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My wife seems to be incapable of walking past a charity shop without going in and rummaging around for a bargain.
Iain.

Hi Iain...
Alright. So humble of you.. Cheers!...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
If Louella oftentimes visits a charity shop you can tell her she can be a donor. I've donated some books and for every bag of books there's a voucher of £5.00 from WHSmith (but this is just a promo and has an expiration).:)

Jay&Zobel
8th June 2009, 14:03
Hi Iye,

If you/husband are taxpayers you can Gift-Aid the items/products that you have donated...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm

Not only you have donated the products but once they are sold, the charity/foundation can claim a GiftAid off from the government!!!

IainBusby
8th June 2009, 14:10
Hi Iain...
Alright. So humble of you.. Cheers!...:xxgrinning--00xx3:
If Louella oftentimes visits a charity shop you can tell her she can be a donor. I've donated some books and for every bag of books there's a voucher of £5.00 from WHSmith (but this is just a promo and has an expiration).:)

She does donate, but only when she can't fit anymore stuff into the wardrobes, closets, cupboards or drawers.
Iain.

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 14:41
Hi Iye,

If you/husband are taxpayers you can Gift-Aid the items/products that you have donated...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/individuals/giving/gift-aid.htm

Not only you have donated the products but once they are sold, the charity/foundation can claim a GiftAid off from the government!!!

Hi Zobel,
Its Pilar here.:D. Yea i know i have filled up the forms..:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thank you very much indeed!:)

She does donate, but only when she can't fit anymore stuff into the wardrobes, closets, cupboards or drawers.
Iain.

I don't have any idea of these charity shops bec hubby didn't tell me until one day i have discovered this. Whenever i'm in the town center there's no single shop that i won't try to look what's in there, hence the discovery...:icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:. I should have brought my items straight to the shops rather than leaving them in the black wheelie bins infront of Tesco.:NoNo::Brick:
He called a truck to collect our used furnitures, picture frames, and bric-a-bracs and paid £10.00. I just happen to discover again a charity shop for furnitures and bric-a-bracs and asked if they collect items from home and want to know how much they charge. Alas! it's free just tell them you're available time and day you're home.:xxgrinning--00xx3::Hellooo:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 15:10
One thing Puzzles me :Erm:Why is victoria Beckham asking about e-bay and Oxfam shops :Erm:Unless............When I lived right next to heathrow in Ashford back in 2000 I knew a guy called Mark,he was convicted and served time for handling 4 of Vic's Louis Vuitton suitcases stolen as she landed at Thief'row as all locals called Heathrow back then,but I do remember his girlfriend had her house raided and some of victorias clothes were found in her wardrobe,she said she had disposed of some in Ashfords charity shops :Erm: If your looking for them Vic I am afraid they might be long gone,and pepe n pilar is an unusual pseudonym,maybe the pepe alludes to Davids Real Madrid days :Erm: I am just rambling as normal,ignore me,I had an extra sugar in my coffee :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
8th June 2009, 16:29
:Erm: I am just rambling as normal,ignore me,I had an extra sugar in my coffee :icon_lol:

hehehe..I thought so lol...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Scouse
8th June 2009, 18:31
Many of the charity shopa do have brand new stuff in them. Shelter has a lot of M&S stuff that are mainly samples/end of lines/out of season. we buy a lot of things in there, particularly to send to the family in the Philippines, it saves us a fortune.

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 19:51
One thing Puzzles me :Erm:Why is victoria Beckham asking about e-bay and Oxfam shops :Erm:Unless............When I lived right next to heathrow in Ashford back in 2000 I knew a guy called Mark,he was convicted and served time for handling 4 of Vic's Louis Vuitton suitcases stolen as she landed at Thief'row as all locals called Heathrow back then,but I do remember his girlfriend had her house raided and some of victorias clothes were found in her wardrobe,she said she had disposed of some in Ashfords charity shops :Erm: If your looking for them Vic I am afraid they might be long gone,and pepe n pilar is an unusual pseudonym,maybe the pepe alludes to Davids Real Madrid days :Erm: I am just rambling as normal,ignore me,I had an extra sugar in my coffee :icon_lol:

Victoria is taking a chance she can still find those stolen clothes :Brick::omg:

hehehe..I thought so lol...:icon_lol::icon_lol:

yea too much sweets or sugar makes you :REDancedancer08::Bouncy::Jump:..... it is a stimulant...:Yippeee::Yippeee:

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 19:52
Sorry Pilar,I dont drink or smoke,and if I take extra sugar it makes me feel quite odd :Cuckoo::NoNo:

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 20:01
Sorry Pilar,I dont drink or smoke,and if I take extra sugar it makes me feel quite odd :Cuckoo::NoNo:

Hi Tawi2, just curious....taking extra sugar? are you not scared of having diabetes? I know a lady who puts 2tsps of sugar in her cuppa:omg::NoNo:.

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 20:03
I am as fit as a flea,I had a coffee with two sugars in,it makes me talk at hyper-speed,my mates know when I have had an extra sugar :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
8th June 2009, 20:28
Hi Tawi2, just curious....taking extra sugar? are you not scared of having diabetes? I know a lady who puts 2tsps of sugar in her cuppa:omg::NoNo:.

I know someone who puts 2 1/2tsps of sugar in her tea:Erm::omg::omg::omg::omg: lol

Sophie
8th June 2009, 20:31
I know someone who puts 2 1/2tsps of sugar in her tea:Erm::omg::omg::omg::omg: lol

That's me, lol :D Seriously, i put 2 1/2 tsps of sugar on my tea or coffee :D:D I know it's bad but i prefer it sweeter :D:D:D

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 20:35
I never take sugar in my tea,but once a week I have a coffee with either two brown sugars or two tea-spoons of honey in as a treat :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
8th June 2009, 20:39
I don't like tea nor coffee... Water is good enough for me... hehe...

Now back to charity shops discussion..lol

Sophie
8th June 2009, 20:42

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

vbkelly
8th June 2009, 21:00
When i first came to this country i have noticed so many charity shops. Some could never be thought as one of them for they have the same qualities as that of the ordinary shops in the high street. They are tidy, bright and smells clean.....
How do you find or what can you say about the items being sold from these shops?.....not the ambiance of the store but the items being sold?

Thanks for the replies..

not being posh but i haven't bought any stuff from charity

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 21:02
I never take sugar in my tea,but once a week I have a coffee with either two brown sugars or two tea-spoons of honey in as a treat :icon_lol:

honey on tea or just milk no sugar....
you have coffee once a week???
i have 2 cups of brewed coffee a day ( w/ 1/2 tsp of brown sugar and baileys cream)...:D:D

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 21:04
You ever buy Ukay-ukay in pinas vb?No honey or sugar in tea,thats sacrelige,but I have one coffee a week,sweetened with brown sugar or honey,anymore and I speed up :NoNo: Irish cream is alcoholic isnt it?:omg:

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 21:07
I don't like tea nor coffee... Water is good enough for me... hehe...

yea i agree, water is best.. just have to use the brita can't take it straight from the tap.:D

Tawi2
8th June 2009, 21:09
You know the Brita factory is about 3 miles from here,I get Brita filters dirt cheap :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
8th June 2009, 21:12
You ever buy Ukay-ukay in pinas vb?No honey or sugar in tea,thats sacrelige,but I have one coffee a week,sweetened with brown sugar or honey,anymore and I speed up :NoNo: Irish cream is alcoholic isnt it?:omg:

sorry ii mean milk and 1/2 tsp of sugar that is....irish cream is alcoholic?even just a tsp? so i'm an alcoholic then?:NoNo::doh..:Brick:

pennybarry
9th June 2009, 07:33
Hi Penny,
Have you seen brand new branded items?(signature clothes). When you're inside the charity shops are you not tempted to take a look at the clothings?:Erm: (mag usisa lang or mag baka sakali in tagalog). We know how women are...You might happen to see brand new items with a seal on it.
Ah so you're fond of bric-a-bracs collection as well.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have not seen any brand new. Maybe in some part of UK. Sometimes there's tags but looks used. :doh

Just really after their decorative items and children toys :BouncyHappy:

scott&ligaya
9th June 2009, 07:53
Iain.

DITTO Iain and Harborne high street has at least seven of them from top to bottom. great for kiddies books and toys (no worries when he destroys them and they only cost a pound).

I have once obtained two ben sherman and one YSL shirt in Oxfam, still got the YSL now.

These shops are actually good for the charity and the planet as they effectively re cycle/re use what would have been landfill in many cases.

Pepe n Pilar
9th June 2009, 10:02
Have not seen any brand new. Maybe in some part of UK. Sometimes there's tags but looks used. :doh

Just really after their decorative items and children toys :BouncyHappy:

Perhaps the branch you have visited doesn't have the first hand items. They pass on to the next shops every 2 weeks which they call rotation.

With the tags and looks used? Can someone wear a clothing with the tags on?:Erm:

Pepe n Pilar
9th June 2009, 13:27

:DA wedding gown for £65-£70.00!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
9th June 2009, 14:52
:DA wedding gown for £65-£70.00!:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Very true. I went to a charity shops couples month back and saw this beautiful wedding gown, brand with tag and it cost only £20.00

Pepe n Pilar
9th June 2009, 16:52
Very true. I went to a charity shops couples month back and saw this beautiful wedding gown, brand with tag and it cost only £20.00

Hi Charl,
Yea i can't believe it!:doh.... I have inspected, there's no damage at all. It's really lovely:D. (nag usyoso ako):icon_lol: It is full of beads and sequence and of good material(bridal satin) with double linings:xxgrinning--00xx3:. For sure those were worn just once.... that is so cheap!:omg:..... i have discovered these things just now.... :doh:omg: I knew there are dress shops that has wedding gowns for rent but never thought they can be found in charity shops as well.:Erm::omg:
A friend of mine got married recently and she spent £400.00 for her dress.:doh

Tawi2
9th June 2009, 22:43

I remember reading a womans mag last year(helps me keep in touch with my feminine side)and they followed the stories of four "New & unused" wedding dresses advertised on E-bay,sad reading to be honest,all the ladies were left on the shelf for various reasons :Erm:

Arthur Little
9th June 2009, 23:15
Iain.

DITTO Iain and Harborne high street has at least seven of them from top to bottom.

Perth has a dozen REGULAR charity shops ... all of which have been in business for many years. Astonishing, really, for a town with a population of less than 50,000! :rolleyes:

Arthur Little
9th June 2009, 23:23
I remember reading a womans mag

So I'M not the ONLY one? :icon_lol:

Tawi2
9th June 2009, 23:27
I always read them Arthur,how else are we supposed to understand the female psyche :Erm: Besides,theres some good articles in them :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
9th June 2009, 23:28

:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I always read them Arthur,how else are we supposed to understand the female psyche :Erm: Besides,theres some good articles in them :icon_lol:

exactly!:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

charlwill
9th June 2009, 23:44
I remember reading a womans mag last year(helps me keep in touch with my feminine side)and they followed the stories of four "New & unused" wedding dresses advertised on E-bay,sad reading to be honest,all the ladies were left on the shelf for various reasons :Erm:

Nothing wrong in reading woman's mag in reverse there are women outhere reading a man's mag as well.

Very well said!

charlwill
9th June 2009, 23:55
Hi Charl,
Yea i can't believe it!:doh.... I have inspected, there's no damage at all. It's really lovely:D. (nag usyoso ako):icon_lol: It is full of beads and sequence and of good material(bridal satin) with double linings:xxgrinning--00xx3:. For sure those were worn just once.... that is so cheap!:omg:..... i have discovered these things just now.... :doh:omg: I knew there are dress shops that has wedding gowns for rent but never thought they can be found in charity shops as well.:Erm::omg:
A friend of mine got married recently and she spent £400.00 for her dress.:doh
Hi Pilar :D,
Well, yes, we can spend more than £400 really, wedding gowns are to expensive but of course that is depending on how much you can afford and how much is your budget.
Anyway, going back to charity shops. There's nothing wrong in buying stuffs in the said shops. If that is what people can afford, so be it.

Pepe n Pilar
10th June 2009, 07:59
Hi Pilar :D,
There's nothing wrong in buying stuffs in the said shops. If that is what people can afford, so be it.

I agree:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but there are some people who buys stuffs from carboot sales but doesn't want items from charity shops. Is there a difference?:Erm:. I knew someone who bought a used jacket from carboot amounting to £0.25, but snubs charity shops. I guess the lowest amount of item at the charity shops is at least £0.89.
I've learned that stuffs sold in charity shops are mixed (brand new and used) i just don't know with carbooties. I have to go to a carboot oneday soon..:D

charlwill
10th June 2009, 13:33
I agree:xxgrinning--00xx3:, but there are some people who buys stuffs from carboot sales but doesn't want items from charity shops. Is there a difference?:Erm:. I knew someone who bought a used jacket from carboot amounting to £0.25, but snubs charity shops. I guess the lowest amount of item at the charity shops is at least £0.89.
I've learned that stuffs sold in charity shops are mixed (brand new and used) i just don't know with carbooties. I have to go to a carboot oneday soon..:D
Yes, some snubs charity shops because when they go carboot sometimes they can buy stuffs next to nothing. I have friends down South, they love carbooting. As what they say I bought my brand new Levi's 501 jeans for only a £ and so on and so fort. So, therefore charity shops is no difference than charity shop. Ahh, the one plus factor of carboot they're cheaper than charity shops.

Arthur Little
10th June 2009, 14:50
... the one plus factor of carboot they're cheaper than charity shops.

Yes, that's often the case, :iagree: But I once knew someone who managed a charity shop, and she assured me that, in order to comply with The Sale Of Goods Act, it was standard practice for all donated articles to be checked over on receipt to ensure these were deemed "Fit For The Purpose" of being put on display and/or sold. This was particularly true when it came to sifting through merchandise to eliminate electrical appliances which, by law, they were not permitted to sell.

Not so, with car boot sales, I understand!

Pepe n Pilar
10th June 2009, 16:56
I have met a woman who used to be a Manager of a charity shop for 20 years. She said everything has to be changed with new stocks every 2 weeks. I said "ah that's understandable especially to clothings as they will be out of fashion but how about books?" they don't have expiration :Erm::doh,like cook books, sports, abt health and beauty, gardening, geography etc. etc. They also removed them from the shelves just so to maintain new stuffs all the time.

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 12:22
Pinoy version of the UK oxfam shop :icon_lol:

vbkelly
14th June 2009, 22:30
Pinoy version of the UK oxfam shop :icon_lol:

where's the dried fish? (bulad)

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 22:36
Just for you VB :icon_lol:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 22:38
But I always prefer mine fresh :icon_lol:

Tawi2
27th June 2009, 11:05
I just looked at the clock,its 11.05am :Erm: Just remembered theres a car-boot sale over at Shepperton,I will have a pop over,its car-boot season once again :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 11:46
I just looked at the clock,its 11.05am :Erm: Just remembered theres a car-boot sale over at Shepperton,I will have a pop over,its car-boot season once again :icon_lol:

Happy hunting, Del! Have a good rummage around. There's a car boot sale held most Sundays between 10am & 2pm at the local football ground just up the road from us. I once bought a digital calendar there years ago, and it's still sitting proudly on my computer desk to this day. I might be getting to the stage where I forget what I had for breakfast, but this small artefact keeps me right about what DAY of the week it is ... ! :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
27th June 2009, 12:41
I like carboot and all :D its just amazes me being around with crowds even if I dont bought anything often times just to be there makes me happy:)

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 13:13
I like carboot and all :D its just amazes me being around with crowds even if I dont bought anything often times just to be there makes me happy:)

Absolutely! What someone considers "junk" - and no longer serviceable - is often the VERY item another person just happens to be looking for and, BECAUSE it isn't in fashion anymore, :NoNo: [it] couldn't be found in any of the usual shops.

Mrs.JMajor
27th June 2009, 13:38

Same here, I like carboot,gosh cause when we are trying to find(big) chess board(glass) in a shop so expensive 26 GBP, but we manage to get one at carboot,wow only £1.50 looks like new too :BouncyHappy:
And beside hubby said those stuff cant sell in charity shops,they also put it in carboot (recycle huh)

Tawi2
27th June 2009, 13:45
I just got back,I bought a book on gardening and a PH soil test-kit for 50p:icon_lol: I saw several pinays there dragging along their hubbies,and I bumped into my old mate Simon who works at Shepperton Film studios,I then had a coffee and fed the swans down on the river :xxgrinning--00xx3: I still have time to head into kingston I think :Erm:

Mrs.JMajor
27th June 2009, 13:58
I just got back,I bought a book on gardening and a PH soil test-kit for 50p:icon_lol: I saw several pinays there dragging along their hubbies,
That is why I told you,kuha mo kiliti ng pinay eh :)

Tawi2
27th June 2009, 14:05
:icon_lol: Its ok Mrs M,I am not the dragged-along type :icon_lol: If I want to be dragged around a car-boot sale I will get a puppy thats not lead-trained instead :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 15:08
Same here, I like carboot,gosh cause when we are trying to find(big) chess board(glass) in a shop so expensive 26 GBP, but we manage to get one at carboot,wow only £1.50 looks like new too :BouncyHappy:

See what I mean ... ? :cwm24: Good on you, Juliet!

Arthur Little
27th June 2009, 15:21
And beside hubby said those stuff cant sell in charity shops,they also put it in carboot (recycle huh)

Yup! Electrical goods being a prime example ... for safety reasons, I imagine. I'm not trying to teach you how to "suck eggs" here :NoNo: - but it's always best to be wary about buying THESE appliances anywhere other than through an approved dealership.

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2009, 13:30
we`re helping the environment by the means of carboot:D:D:D

Pepe n Pilar
28th June 2009, 13:52
we`re helping the environment by the means of carboot:D:D:D

Hi Mrs Daddy,
Is it the same as in charity shops?

Mrs Daddy
28th June 2009, 23:29
Hi Mrs Daddy,
Is it the same as in charity shops?