PDA

View Full Version : marriage CONFUSED.com

Rainman
8th June 2009, 20:07
:ARsurrender:
Hi all!
tryed to get trough all postings bout marriage here, but....
Didnt got answers to my questions.
I am EU (EEA) citizen livin n workin in UK,have not citizenship of UK, my Sunshine is from Phils, workin in UK, workin visa holder. Now we will get married, but I cant get clear answer whats goin on after our ceremony.....
My embassy said, she will get automatically all rights as wife of EU citizen, but she should apply to get uk residency, but that should be done out of UK.
Should she travel back to Phils??
and does somebody have some experience to apply EEA Family permit???
on site of register office was found information, ppl who r under immigration control can have ceremonies just in some places over UK, is workin visa holder under control or not??
WE ARE WERY thankful if somebody can help with advise n share experience!
:love18:

joebloggs
8th June 2009, 20:12
what EU country are you from and how long have you been working in the uk?

Rainman
8th June 2009, 20:20
nearly 5 yrs n estonia

joebloggs
8th June 2009, 20:37
oh from the Baltics :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/applyingundereuropeanlaw/

i don't think she has to leave the uk

have you applied for a COA ?

how long has she been working in the UK ?

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:16
shes here 2 yrs

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:24
shes here 2 yrs
i didnt, coz after 5 yrs i will get residency of uk automatically n Im not interested to change citizenship

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:26
Shes here 2 yrs.
I didnt coz after 5 yrs i will get residency of uk automatically n im not interested to change of citizenship

darren-b
8th June 2009, 21:33
Shes here 2 yrs.
I didnt coz after 5 yrs i will get residency of uk automatically n im not interested to change of citizenship

COA is Certificate of Approval. To get married in a Register Office in the UK you should apply for a COA first.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/gettingmarried/certificateofapproval/

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:37
I got that information, bout 5 yrs, from website of advise bureau, privat business, will sort out right now, but this BA link talkin other "language" :o)))
coz I put topic confused.com:D:D different sources givin different information

joebloggs
8th June 2009, 21:37
another 3 years til she can apply for ILR using her work permit, and cost £820 i think

or after marriage she applies for a Residence card, cost nothing, and waits 5yrs for PR, but free of her work permit.

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:38
ok, thank u, I will

Rainman
8th June 2009, 21:48
There is:
The rules on certificate of approval do not apply to you if you:

* are a British citizen; or
* are a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA)
and my Sunshine was in Phils embassy n they said u need just CoB n that other one, proof she is not married thats it.......