PDA

View Full Version : Anybody who has applied for a long term visit visa?

themuffins
9th June 2009, 09:00
I've been trying to find out some info regarding long term visit visa applications but unfortunately unable to find any that's why I'm posting in case somebody knows about it. I know Mr. PeterB here has mentioned last year that they were planning to apply for a long term visit visa for his wife Ruby, any updates regarding that Sir?

We were successful with my 6 months family visit visa last year (with British husband) and since we do not have any intention of settling in the UK at the moment, my better half has asked me to try applying for the 2 year visit visa so that we can easily travel to the UK as we wish within the 2-year period.

Any thoughts and advise will be highly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Joanna

aromulus
9th June 2009, 09:25
Is there such a thing....???:Erm:

darren-b
9th June 2009, 12:40
Is there such a thing....???:Erm:

Yes, there are visit visas that are valid for 2 years, 5 years, and even 10 years (the longer they are the more they cost).

Though with all of them you should only spend a maxium of 6 months in the UK in any 12 month period.

As you have already had a 6 month one granted I suspect you stand some chance of getting a 2 year one (though you would probably stand more chance of getting a 6 month one...).

Guess it depends whether you can afford to lose the PHP17200 - though if it's a family visit visa (not sure if it counts if your husband is not settled in the UK) you could appeal if you are refused.

themuffins
10th June 2009, 08:43
"Guess it depends whether you can afford to lose the PHP17200 - though if it's a family visit visa (not sure if it counts if your husband is not settled in the UK) you could appeal if you are refused."

Thanks for the reply darrenB. Yes it would count as a family visit visa as a Mother-in-law is considered as family based on the reply I received from VFS last time and from the visa that was granted to me last year even if my husband is not currently settled in the UK. She's the only reason why we would like to do this in the first place as my husband has not spent some time with her for a long time.

The main reason that I've posted this is just to really know whether or not someone has tried it . Mr. PeterB? Thanks

dondi
12th June 2009, 18:01
A friend of mine on a work permit status (she is a nurse) applied for a 2 year visa for her mother and was granted..