PDA

View Full Version : Not a story but a true incident

Sconnie
11th June 2009, 07:55
A Geordie man walks into a bank in Newcastle and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to Australia on business for two weeks and needs to borrow £5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the canny Geordie hands over the keys and the documents of a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the Log Book and everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank’s Manager and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the rough looking Geordie for using a £120,000 Ferrari as collateral against a £5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari in to the bank’s underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Geordie returns, repays the £5,000 and the interest, which comes to £15.41. The loan officer says “Sir, we are very happy to have had your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and we found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzled us is why would you bother to borrow £5,000?

The Geordie replies

“Where else in Newcastle can I park my car for two weeks for only £15.41 and expect it to be there when I return”.

thejarvs
11th June 2009, 08:00
:icon_lol: thats cool if it's true very funny :icon_lol:

Tawi2
11th June 2009, 08:52
Many a true word is said in Jest :rolleyes: My sister was up there 2 weeks ago visiting a relative,parked her car in the street,some idiot broke several windscreens in the small hours of the morning,my sisters included :NoNo:

Fitzy
11th June 2009, 16:34
a geordie man walks into a bank in newcastle and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to australia on business for two weeks and needs to borrow £5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the canny geordie hands over the keys and the documents of a new ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the log book and everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank’s manager and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the rough looking geordie for using a £120,000 ferrari as collateral against a £5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then drives the ferrari in to the bank’s underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the geordie returns, repays the £5,000 and the interest, which comes to £15.41. The loan officer says “sir, we are very happy to have had your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and we found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzled us is why would you bother to borrow £5,000?

The geordie replies

“where else in newcastle can i park my car for two weeks for only £15.41 and expect it to be there when i return”.
:d:d:d

Jay&Zobel
11th June 2009, 16:58
Clever man! lol

Ann07
11th June 2009, 19:18
A Geordie man walks into a bank in Newcastle and asks for the loan officer. He tells the loan officer that he is going to Australia on business for two weeks and needs to borrow £5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the canny Geordie hands over the keys and the documents of a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the Log Book and everything checks out. The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank’s Manager and its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the rough looking Geordie for using a £120,000 Ferrari as collateral against a £5,000 loan.

An employee of the bank then drives the Ferrari in to the bank’s underground garage and parks it there.

Two weeks later, the Geordie returns, repays the £5,000 and the interest, which comes to £15.41. The loan officer says “Sir, we are very happy to have had your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked you out and we found that you are a multi millionaire. What puzzled us is why would you bother to borrow £5,000?

The Geordie replies

“Where else in Newcastle can I park my car for two weeks for only £15.41 and expect it to be there when I return”.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol: funny but true...:D

nids123
12th June 2009, 14:51
thats cool and funny hahaha

johncar54
12th June 2009, 15:07
This guy must have copied all the others who I have heard have done this. A good story but unlikely to be true.