PDA

View Full Version : Independence Day in Lampton Park Hounslow

Dedworth
12th June 2009, 19:58
Anyone going ? We might but like last weekend won't decide until the last minute depending upon the weather

nigel
12th June 2009, 21:35
Me and my wifey are hoping to go, that's if they let her have time off work!:doh

Does anyone know what acts might be playing there yet? I'd love to see the bloomfields or Kitchie Nadal...:rolleyes:

Tawi2
12th June 2009, 21:55
Are there going to be acts on this weekend Nigel?My cousin just came down earlier from the north-east,so maybe I am going to Buckingham palace in the morning as her son is trooping the colours :Erm:

Lady Bluebird
12th June 2009, 22:50
... can I confirm, that it's only on the Sunday ?

... and is Martin Nievera & Karyll expected to be there ? (Time ?)

It's nice that this type of event is going on.

somebody
13th June 2009, 16:04
Its just Sunday as far as im aware but very hard to find much info on the net

http://www.hounslowtw3.net/Local-Events-Listings/Philippine-Independence-Day-Event.html

We will be bowling down there if the weather is like today it should be not to bad.

somebody
14th June 2009, 19:01
Yep was defo today.

The Wife bought loads of foods, we filled in loads of raffle tickets.

They were charging to enter, but sorry its a public park so like many people strolled past.

The usual either be treated rudely or far better than a phill as a white bloke by various people:rolleyes:
Strange as im the one they need to infulence when it comes to booking holidays, best value for remittance etc :D

Not as many stalls the other organisers ( i belive this is a breakaway group)

Although had a funfair with the stage not so far over as before.

Many of the stalls seemed to be full of food when we left a while earlier

Some of the performingacts were from what i heard just starting out, but it was nice they got there day in the sun:) and boy was it hot today.

Worth the quick journey and most seem to be smiling.

There was one superstore operating and oh boy very dodgy no prices on the items and lets just stay many walked away feeling a little overcharged. The cooked food stalls were not bad value considering their costs and overheads and im sure if you hung around till the end as always lot of sellling off and bargins.

So now the larder is stocked up with foods and the countdown starts to next months twodayer:)
I have to say they had plenty of portaloos almost to many but far better than to few:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 19:31
Charging to enter Lambton park :Erm: I think your right,breakaway splinter faction,Barrio fiesta is always free,how can they have the gall to attempt to charge for admission to a public UK park :Erm:

somebody
14th June 2009, 19:41
Charging to enter Lambton park :Erm: I think your right,breakaway splinter faction,Barrio fiesta is always free,how can they have the gall to attempt to charge for admission to a public UK park :Erm:

The Green fair by the old power station in Kingston used to charge (well ask for a donation) but i always refused as its a public park and footpath that I pay for in Taxes and funnily enough spend money at the stalls.

They seemed to have raffle tickets but as we left there was a sign which seemed to suggest a fee for entering.

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 19:43
Public parks are just that,public,I would have pointed this out to whoever was attempting to collect entry-fees :icon_lol:

Dedworth
15th June 2009, 00:16
Public parks are just that,public,I would have pointed this out to whoever was attempting to collect entry-fees :icon_lol:

One would have hoped that the council had staff there that these con artists could have been reported to

Fitzy
16th June 2009, 11:57
One would have hoped that the council had staff there that these con artists could have been reported to

How so??
Hounslow Council are themselves thieves!!!!

The pikey council:cwm23:

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 12:14
Heard a few tales about underhand dealings in Hounslow Council offices :xxgrinning--00xx3:Though I think the entry-charge for lambton park might have been a practice imported from Pinas :NoNo: Elmbridge is probably the best local council :xxgrinning--00xx3: