PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys!

gracia143
14th June 2009, 17:13
Hey girls/guys any of you been to Leipzig, Germany? I'm going there on Wednesday to be at a friend's wedding and I'm travelling alone this time. I hope the security check won't be a problem. I've no idea what to expect and as a matter of fact I am a bit nervous, I only know a few German words.

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 17:53
Off topic but I am sure you recognise this place,do you know the Macalisangs?Salmorins?:Erm: Oh yeah,germany,very nice place,and the germans despite their rep are quite decent people,never went to Liepsig,few other places however and had nothing but a good time,I had an austrian girlfriend living in germany who..........................:omg::cwm24:

gracia143
14th June 2009, 18:57
Off topic but I am sure you recognise this place,do you know the Macalisangs?Salmorins?:Erm: Oh yeah,germany,very nice place,and the germans despite their rep are quite decent people,never went to Liepsig,few other places however and had nothing but a good time,I had an austrian girlfriend living in germany who..........................:omg::cwm24:

Hi Tawi! Sorry I was signed-out as I was with guests...of course I know these people we used to live in the same area when I was younger Dulay Subd. but I am not sure if they can still remember me (I prefer if they don't). Ask them if they know the Jorque's and the Bernardo's, also the Bollina's, Duran's etc....

I'm a bit anxious but hopefully it will be alright, first time to travel to a European Country without Trev.

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 19:03
Hey girls/guys any of you been to Leipzig, Germany? I'm going there on Wednesday to be at a friend's wedding and I'm travelling alone this time. I hope the security check won't be a problem. I've no idea what to expect and as a matter of fact I am a bit nervous, I only know a few German words.

Been to 4 countries including Germany and only German policemen check my passport oftentimes at bus:bigcry:. But you'll be alright as you are a genuine tourist there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck friend!:BouncyHappy:

Tawi2
14th June 2009, 19:05
I will ask,I am speaking to cecilia Macalisangs husband this week,they live in Champaca street :Erm:

gracia143
14th June 2009, 19:10
Been to 4 countries including Germany and only German policemen check my passport oftentimes at bus:bigcry:. But you'll be alright as you are a genuine tourist there:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck friend!:BouncyHappy:

Hey friend! Thanks so much for the info, I will have my passport with me all the time just so I can show it to them when they ask for it.

I hope you're enjoying the sunshine. Take care xxx

Sconnie
14th June 2009, 19:18

Hi Gracia, I have not been to Leipzig but have traveled to Germany many times and stayed for periods of months on some visits, Germans are very warm, friendly and hospitable I am sure you will have a great time, take care of yourself as you would in any city.
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

pennybarry
14th June 2009, 19:20
Hey friend! Thanks so much for the info, I will have my passport with me all the time just so I can show it to them when they ask for it.

I hope you're enjoying the sunshine. Take care xxx

Thanks friend:cwm38:

Don't forget to visit Berlin at night:xxgrinning--00xx3:

German trains offers very cheap tickets for backpackers. You can see Germany by train and enjoy looking railroad Graffitti's :icon_lol: Enjoy their sausages too:Rasp:

gracia143
14th June 2009, 19:21
I will ask,I am speaking to cecilia Macalisangs husband this week,they live in Champaca street :Erm:

Ate Cecil, I remember her so well...

gracia143
14th June 2009, 19:21
Hi Gracia, I have not been to Leipzig but have traveled to Germany many times and stayed for periods of months on some visits, Germans are very warm, friendly and hospitable I am sure you will have a great time, take care of yourself as you would in any city.

Thanks Scon, I feel a lot better now!!!

gracia143
14th June 2009, 19:23
Thanks friend:cwm38:

Don't forget to visit Berlin at night:xxgrinning--00xx3:

German trains offers very cheap tickets for backpackers. You can see Germany by train and enjoy looking railroad Graffitti's :icon_lol: Enjoy their sausages too:Rasp:

Too bad am only staying for 3 days...I'll do Berlin next time. Thanks so much again!

somebody
14th June 2009, 19:27

I second that

A lovely country and people on the whole, with the security checks just have your paperwork to hand and be polite i.e the same everywhere.

The WIfe has traveled abroad to Europe on her own and had no problems:xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
14th June 2009, 20:02
I second that

A lovely country and people on the whole, with the security checks just have your paperwork to hand and be polite i.e the same everywhere.

The WIfe has traveled abroad to Europe on her own and had no problems:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Paul, now I'm positive I'll be alright...I just hope the cold will go away soon as I do not want them to quarantine me and think I am an H1N1 carrier (God forbid).

LEAHnew
15th June 2009, 06:39
pasalubong...pasalubong:D:BouncyHappy:

Have a safe trip Mrs. Magistrate :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
15th June 2009, 10:49
Whatever you do, don't mention The War!!:NoNo:

Al.:)

Tawi2
15th June 2009, 11:23
Gracy,do you remember the Tiagas from Dulay subd,or Max Dimamay?Doctolero?Bebing macalisang?:Erm: Bobong macalisang?Did you go to Notre Dame?Kristen Baito?Grace Dulay?:Erm:

Piamed
15th June 2009, 11:45
Hi amiga. Please be aware that Leipzig has had a neo-nazi ressurgence over the last few years. It is a very beautiful and pictoresque town but do be careful and do not walk around to far late alone at night.

I wwas there relatively recently and on this occasion was in a night club with several academics and medics from Europe. They were in silent awe when a beautiful blond lady fixed eyes with mine and walked towards me. She leaned over and spoke in my ear. She then said:

Please be careful here ok. There are a lot of racists that will want to hurt you.

I then saw on TV some time later a documentary which highlighted the increase in the number of attacks on foreign students locally. There is quite a bit on Leipzig and racism on the internet particularly in relation to students and the local football clubs. It is no surprise that many anti-racism meetings/conferences are held there.

gracia143
15th June 2009, 19:35
Gracy,do you remember the Tiagas from Dulay subd,or Max Dimamay?Doctolero?Bebing macalisang?:Erm: Bobong macalisang?Did you go to Notre Dame?Kristen Baito?Grace Dulay?:Erm:

Mrs. Tiaga used to be my elementary teacher, and so is Mrs. Gayonggala, and also Mrs. Asibal. I grew-up in Dulay Subd. but I am not Grace Dulay, the closest Dulay to me is the youngest sister of Tiloy. I know the Estrera's, the Doctolero's (Bambi, his other siblings but they're a bit older than me), I know all of the Macalisang's and I think Bebing is the 2nd eldest, Bobong and then their youngest. The Jorque's were the one's I really grew up with...these were the once prominent families in town and that includes the Gopio's, Rativo's, Villanueva's, Casidsid's etc.I won't say anything about my family name as I would like to remain anonymous, I'm planning to go home and I want to maintain a very low profile. I enrolled in Notre Dame but cancelled at the last minute.

Now, the pasalubong...am not sure what I can get from Leipzig but I'll see what I can do sistah.

Amigo, thanks so much indeed. I'll try not to hang out very late and I won't stay there long as I will only be there for the wedding. Yeah, better safe than sorry.

And will remind myself never to mention the war.

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 08:44
Thats cool Gracy,anonymity is good :xxgrinning--00xx3:enjoy germany.