PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Arthur Little
16th June 2009, 16:10
:Erm: ... Perhaps it's due - for the GREATER part - to my sociable nature! :) But, as a 'Respected [in the most LITERAL sense of the word (I hope!)] Member', I invariably try to extend a Warm Welcome to ALL newcomers to the forum.

Occasionally, though, I belatedly realise I've somehow inadvertently overlooked :rolleyes: greeting *SOMEbody :bigcry: in my eagerness to participate in one (or more) thread(s) that has/have captured my immediate attention. And for this, I apologise to the *person(s) concerned.

So, if YOU should happen to be a "Newbie" ... a very hearty welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3: to you. Chances are, you heard about our website through the recommendations of a friend [I acknowledge the fact that I did ... and I've never looked back!]. It is equally probable you were searching for useful tips in your quest to bring your loved ones [be they fiance(e), spouse and/or family member(s)] to the United Kingdom. Or, there again, you might be contemplating pursuing some course of study at a British university or college. Whatever! We're here to do our utmost to assist you with each and every stage of the process. And, along the way, there is always the added bonus of forming lasting friendships with other members - thereby strengthening the bond that already exists between two nations located at opposite ends of the globe.

Sincerely,
Arthur [Little]

Arthur Little
17th June 2009, 00:33
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

My thanks to ?WHOEVER gave me a Rep Comment for this post ... to which, sadly, :bigcry: no one :NoNo: has yet deigned to reply!

Oh ... and one other question: ... a corresponding number of the wee green squares appear to the left of each of the 8 other nominations I've received. But the ninth square is bluish-grey in colour. And, despite feverishly "trawling" through every available search engine, I'm still none the wiser. :rolleyes: Can someone [ANYONE] please enlighten me as to its significance?

Arthur Little
17th June 2009, 01:33
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

My thanks to ?WHOEVER gave me a Rep Comment for this post ... to which, sadly, :bigcry: no one :NoNo: has yet deigned to reply!

:rolleyes: Maybe I SHOULD submit myself for that Honorary Consul's post, after all! Only thing is, it would mean me having to give up my "16 hours-a-day job" :NEW5: "working" from home on the forum ...

... :doh how do I go about laying my hands on an Application Form? :lol2:

Arthur Little
17th June 2009, 23:46
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Oh ... and one other question: ... a corresponding number of the wee green squares appear to the left of each of the 8 other nominations I've received. But the ninth square is bluish-grey in colour. And, despite feverishly "trawling" through every available search engine, I'm still none the wiser. :rolleyes: Can someone [ANYONE] please enlighten me as to its significance?

Having since uncovered the mystery of the bluish-grey blob - as well as the identity of the person who awarded me [what I NOW know as] a 'Neutral Reputation' - I have also discovered that the "donor" has, in the interim, had his GREEN blob "reinstated" ... which, logically, would seem to indicate that he once again meets the criteria necessary for nominating points.

To date, I've received a total of 8 green blobs + the one referred to above. Yet the number displayed on my User Control Panel still remains at 6. :Erm: Is there any reason [that I'm, at present, unaware of] why the figure remains unchanged?

aromulus
12th August 2009, 11:14
Talking to yourself Arthur...????:Erm:

Arthur Little
12th August 2009, 11:39
Talking to yourself Arthur...????:Erm:

:NoNo: Dom. :Erm: Just wanted to welcome our newest recruit ... and HAD intended doing so on THIS appropriately-entitled earlier thread of mine. But then ... having re-read the thread's contents [in particular a "gripe" or two I'd posted at the time] ... I thought the better of it, and deleted my message to the 'Newbie' on HERE in favour of welcoming her on a fresh one.

And so, that explains WHY I APPEARED to be talking to myself! :icon_lol:

jam07
12th August 2009, 19:11
:Erm: ... Perhaps it's due - for the GREATER part - to my sociable nature! :) But, as a 'Respected [in the most LITERAL sense of the word (I hope!)] Member', I invariably try to extend a Warm Welcome to ALL newcomers to the forum.

Occasionally, though, I belatedly realise I've somehow inadvertently overlooked :rolleyes: greeting *SOMEbody :bigcry: in my eagerness to participate in one (or more) thread(s) that has/have captured my immediate attention. And for this, I apologise to the *person(s) concerned.

So, if YOU should happen to be a "Newbie" ... a very hearty welcome :xxgrinning--00xx3: to you. Chances are, you heard about our website through the recommendations of a friend [I acknowledge the fact that I did ... and I've never looked back!]. It is equally probable you were searching for useful tips in your quest to bring your loved ones [be they fiance(e), spouse and/or family member(s)] to the United Kingdom. Or, there again, you might be contemplating pursuing some course of study at a British university or college. Whatever! We're here to do our utmost to assist you with each and every stage of the process. And, along the way, there is always the added bonus of forming lasting friendships with other members - thereby strengthening the bond that already exists between two nations located at opposite ends of the globe.

Sincerely,
Arthur [Little]

aw... that's sweet of you Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3: :) :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

bornatbirth
12th August 2009, 22:51
arthur,you are aware your a trusted member with your name in green?

as for talking to yourself,just dont do it in public :Erm: or in this forum :icon_lol:

aromulus
13th August 2009, 08:28
Arthur's "soliloquy" has been shot down.....:doh

Mrs Daddy
13th August 2009, 08:42
thoughtful of you Arthur:)

Arthur Little
13th August 2009, 12:32
aw... that's sweet of you Arthur :xxgrinning--00xx3: :) :xxgrinning--00xx3: :)

thoughtful of you Arthur:)

Many thanks, ladies for your kind words. Much appreciated!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: