PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite technique???

Pepe n Pilar
16th June 2009, 16:26
What is your favourite techinque???

This is my favourite technique in yoga:).

Stand straight with both feet close to each other. Both hands drop on the sides. Normal breathing. Hands in praying position close to the chest. Breath in and bring them both up above the head, interlock fingers. Bend backwards a little. Breath out. Bring both hands on the floor with both feet in the middle. Right foot backward, left foot bended, then bring left foot at the back with both ankles lifted. Both knees drop on the floor, move both arms forward, touching chest on both knees and forehead touching the floor(baby position). Lift your head and move forward with chin touching the floor in between both arms while bum out. Now drop both knees and tummy flat on the floor. Push up (cobra position), face towards the center with both hands pushing the weight up. Two feet up toes touching the floor. Bring right foot to the front whilst both hands still flat on the floor, then the left foot. Bring both hands up with interlock fingers, bend a little backwards. Breath in. Drop both hands on the sides. Breath out. Rotate both shoulders towards 3 x. Relax. Then repeat.

:)

Tawi2
16th June 2009, 19:53
Crouching tiger,hidden dragon followed by half hour in the lotus position followed by a praying mantis finale :xxgrinning--00xx3: Sometimes standing upright is strenuous enough P&P,are you in practice for the 2012 olympics :Erm:

Sim11UK
16th June 2009, 20:07
I remember watching a programme, many years ago, called 'naked yoga'.

It was filmed on a desert island somewhere? :erotic4:

I quite enjoyed it. :)

bornatbirth
16th June 2009, 20:12

:icon_lol:

i like the watching football and drinking beer technique as my wife does the ironing :D

btw way my wife doesnt like ironing as the last two times i have teased her when she was doing it and chucked my clothes on the floor :icon_lol: is that pikon or tampo?

belfast_dude
16th June 2009, 21:04
:xxgrinning--00xx3:immortal

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 16:57
Crouching tiger,hidden dragon followed by half hour in the lotus position followed by a praying mantis finale :xxgrinning--00xx3: Sometimes standing upright is strenuous enough P&P,are you in practice for the 2012 olympics :Erm:

Are you more on meditation yoga Tawi2? you stayed for half an hour in one position..:Erm: At first i thought i wouldn't like yoga for i find it very slow:cwm24:. I used to attend aerobics, pilates, kickboxing then gym (cosmic cycling and various classes) which i consider more strenuous.
I just learned that yoga is good for the mind and body and for curiousity i enrolled which i am now enjoying. No, i'm not practicing for the 2012 olympics Tawi2:icon_lol::D, just for leisure...:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 17:03

naked yoga?:Erm::omg: haven't seen one yet:rolleyes:

:icon_lol:

i like the watching football and drinking beer technique as my wife does the ironing :D

btw way my wife doesnt like ironing as the last two times i have teased her when she was doing it and chucked my clothes on the floor :icon_lol: is that pikon or tampo?

Perhaps it depends on the kind of joke you made on her. If she is just "tampo" or "pikon" then it means it is not that serious bec if it is, then she may be mad already.:)

:xxgrinning--00xx3:immortal

immortal? how is it related to yoga?..:rolleyes:
i can't comprehend....:doh

:):D

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 17:21
Another technique..This is good for the spinal..

Sit on the floor with both legs straightened forward. Make sure you sit up straight. Chin up, spinal straight and relax not stiff. Normal breathing (don't hold your breath). Bend left leg and place it under the right thigh. Ankle touching the bum. Now fold right leg and place it on your left side. Left arms on top of the right leg. Left elbow on top of right knee. Right arms at the back facing outward. Face forward. Breath in. Hold your breath for a minute. Then twist. Look behind you. Then breath out. Stay there for at least 2 mins.

Repeat. Reverse..:)

vbkelly
17th June 2009, 17:24
my secret techniques hehe sit straight back and relax, holds into my knees, massage my stomach, if things comes out enhale and exhale and get a piece of toilet roll and wipes my ass. lol kaya nyo yan?

Sophie
17th June 2009, 17:25
immortal? how is it related to yoga?..:rolleyes:
i can't comprehend....:doh:):D

He probably meant "immoral" in relation to naked yoga sim11uk had mentioned LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Just kidding belfast dude :D

Sim11UK
17th June 2009, 17:37
Another technique..This is good for the spinal..

Sit on the floor with both legs straightened forward. Make sure you sit up straight. Chin up, spinal straight and relax not stiff. Normal breathing (don't hold your breath). Bend left leg and place it under the right thigh. Ankle touching the bum. Now fold right leg and place it on your left side. Left arms on top of the right leg. Left elbow on top of right knee. Right arms at the back facing outward. Face forward. Breath in. Hold your breath for a minute. Then look at your back. Facing forward to right then back. Breath out.

Repeat. Reverse..

I'm doing it now.....naked :omg:

Sophie
17th June 2009, 17:42

:yikes::yikes::omg::omg::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 17:43
He probably meant "immoral" in relation to naked yoga sim11uk had mention LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

So i guess it is typographical error...He probably meant "immoral" not "immortal":icon_lol:.... I thought he was referring to my posts..:doh:Brick:

Cheers!:)

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 17:45

That's good then naked Sim...:Rasp: huh! sorry, i mean Sim11UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
17th June 2009, 17:48
That's good then naked Sim...:Rasp: huh! sorry, i mean Sim11UK:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LOL, i agree iye, i think sim11uk ought to have a new name - naked sim :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sim11UK
17th June 2009, 19:11
LOL, i agree iye, i think sim11uk ought to have a new name - naked sim :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ooooh you'll make me blush...Wait till I put the photo's in the gallery. :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 19:26
Ooooh you'll make me blush...Wait till I put the photo's in the gallery. :wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

i will look for that in the gallery...Yoga technique of the naked Sim:icon_lol::icon_lol::Erm::Erm::doh:Help1:

belfast_dude
17th June 2009, 19:50
He probably meant "immoral" in relation to naked yoga sim11uk had mentioned LOL :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

...lol...no way i am an angel...lol immortal technique is a hip hop group.

Sophie
17th June 2009, 19:52

Ok, we'll wait for your photo's in the gallery then naked sim :D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sophie
17th June 2009, 19:57
i will look for that in the gallery...Yoga technique of the naked Sim:icon_lol::icon_lol::Erm::Erm::doh:Help1:

I can't believe it iye, you're yoga technique is evolving as well :xxgrinning--00xx3::icon_lol:
Who would have thought it would have such a bold and naked transformation, quite literally though :D:icon_lol:
thanks to naked sim :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 19:59

now i know...:D:Hellooo:. Thanks Belfast_dude. :)

Will list it down in my dictionary...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
17th June 2009, 20:01

LOL, sorry belfast dude, i stand corrected :D:icon_lol:
Now i know you're actually an immortal angel :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 20:21
There are also many psychological benefits produced by yoga. It has been known to help with obsessive-compulsive disorders. It reduces stress,
anxiety, depression and tension. It increases a feeling of well-being. Most people will experience a positive outlook on life and feel invigorated. They
will have higher energy levels and will have a better knowledge of themselves and be more self-aware. Improved memory, attention and concentration, as well as, social skills and self-acceptance are also benefits of this exercise.

bornatbirth
17th June 2009, 20:43
i like the missionary position,its best performed naked and with someone else also lots of practice can really help your technique and help your breathing too? :D

Sophie
17th June 2009, 20:46
There are also many psychological benefits produced by yoga. It has been known to help with obsessive-compulsive disorders. It reduces stress,
anxiety, depression and tension. It increases a feeling of well-being. Most people will experience a positive outlook on life and feel invigorated. They
will have higher energy levels and will have a better knowledge of themselves and be more self-aware. Improved memory, attention and concentration, as well as, social skills and self-acceptance are also benefits of this exercise.

Wow, i just realized now how i need yoga :xxgrinning--00xx3::D
However, i'm not so sure if my back can handle it as i have a back problem.....:bigcry::bigcry:
I'll probably just stick to aerobics or gym.....:D

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 20:57
Wow, i just realized now how i need yoga :xxgrinning--00xx3::D
However, i'm not so sure if my back can handle it as i have a back problem.....:bigcry::bigcry:
I'll probably just stick to aerobics or gym.....:D

Hi Sophie,
You can ask your doctor about it. I guess yoga is more lighter compared to doing aerobics or using the exercise machines in the gym. In yoga you're not lifting any heavy equipments unlike in the gym. As i've said in my first post at first i thought i will be bored bec i find it very slow. So if you have back problems then this is good ( i suppose) as it is done slowly...:)and not perspiring..but some other days of the week i do the treadmill, bike if i want to perspire, lift weights (5 lbs -15lbs max).

Sophie
17th June 2009, 21:06
Hi Sophie,
You can ask your doctor about it. I guess yoga is more lighter compared to doing aerobics or using the exercise machines in the gym. In yoga you're not lifting any heavy equipments unlike in the gym. As i've said in my first post at first i thought i will be bored bec i find it very slow. So if you have back problems then this is good ( i suppose) as it is done slowly...:)

yeah i'm planning to have it checked iye....
i think it's more the yoga bending and twisting that i cannot handle, it really hurts my back....
in the gym, i can avoid heavy weights so i can manage better....
but maybe i can give yoga a try, it might even be good for me, we'll never know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
17th June 2009, 21:15
yeah i'm planning to have it checked iye....
i think it's more the yoga bending and twisting that i cannot handle, it really hurts my back....
in the gym, i can avoid heavy weights so i can manage better....
but maybe i can give yoga a try, it might even be good for me, we'll never know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yeah i know what you mean Sophie, there are many techniques that really squeezes your body and the spinal. Some has to bring both legs up in the air whilst holding both knees at the back which is really hard but gradually you can. Every step is done slowly so if we can't handle it we stop to a certain point.

Jay&Zobel
17th June 2009, 21:43

THANKS BUT NO THANKS NAKED SIM... MIGHT BE TOO DAUNTING!! :omg::omg::omg::omg::D

i like the missionary position,its best performed naked and with someone else also lots of practice can really help your technique and help your breathing too? :D

I thought it's YOGA that's being discussed here, or is it:Erm:....
oh TECHNIQUE, that kind of technique... :Erm::cwm34::rolleyes::NoNo:

tiN
17th June 2009, 22:56

:omg::omg::omg:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

tiN
17th June 2009, 22:58
Im going to try it iye as i am very frustrated to do some yoga.. Ill buy a dvd and do it from home:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
18th June 2009, 12:08
Im going to try it iye as i am very frustrated to do some yoga.. Ill buy a dvd and do it from home:D:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Hi TiN,
Yeah that would be nice. I can also do that at home but just because i want to meet friends and so i have enrolled on this. Actually we have plans of going somewhere outside England and our teacher asked us to make suggestions where to go this summer. One member had suggested Scotland. AS i can see in your profile you're from Scotland, what beautiful places could you suggest? I might visit you... we never know...:). Iba din kasi TiN kapag mag classmates kesa sa house lang. Even if i have exercise machines here i still go once a week in the gym. I just use these machines and weights at home when the weather is not good...:D

Pepe n Pilar
19th June 2009, 14:48
For those with knee problems....

Here we go.
Kneeling position. Then sit on your toes. Bend forward. Bring both hands infront touching the floor. Slowly move them towards the front whilst head drop on the floor. Then forehead touching the floor. Both knees touching chest. Press. Reach as far as both hands can. Normal breathing. Stay in that position for at least 3 minutes. Then reverse. Rotate both shoulders 3 x. Relax....

Pepe n Pilar
10th September 2009, 19:40
Enrollment time. I had received from the post the application form and it says there are only 2 classes to choose from which both are of 1 1/2 hrs and had increased the tuition fees. My teacher had emailed me saying there is a class for just one hour and i can go to the office to tell them my choice. I went and was told that if ever my name stays on the one-hr class and the enrollees are less than 16 then it won't get through. Then i was told to go back after 2 weeks to check if the the one-hr class will be open.

Today i phoned them and was told that there is only one enrollee on this one-hr class so i might as well stay on the 1 1/2 hrs class or else i won't have a slot on here if i decide to transfer. So i said nevermind, just put my name there. I was just thinking if there is a one-hr class why don't they put it on the checklist so everybody knows there is? And everytime they call they will get an answer that there is only one on the list.... Huh!:omg: Is this what you call a false advert? or is this a trap?:Erm::doh

Florge
11th September 2009, 09:23
ooooohhhhh... yoga technique!!!!

I thought it was something else..... LOL

Pepe n Pilar
11th September 2009, 11:01
ooooohhhhh... yoga technique!!!!

I thought it was something else..... LOL

Hehe Yes Florge they use that term "technique"....:)
this is good for the mind and body....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
11th September 2009, 11:12
Is this what you call a false advert? or is this a trap?:Erm::doh

neither really!

if the class doesnt get filled up,they wont make any money so will stop the class,thats business?

Pepe n Pilar
11th September 2009, 13:15
neither really!

if the class doesnt get filled up,they wont make any money so will stop the class,thats business?

Yes it is different here in the UK even if we want to enroll in classes like this, classes won't push through if they don't get filled up.

What i was wondering was they didn't include that one-hr session in the checklist (that's why i said it is a trap..lol)so therefore all enrollees don't have any idea that it is available:NoNo:. Everyone has chosen the 1 1/2 hr so that they will have a slot but if you ask them they all prefer the 1 hr only. I happened to bump into one of my classmates in the town center and she has the same complaints as well. One-hr is enough i presume.

They want more money hence they increased the time and the fees:xxgrinning--00xx3:. Yes you're right BAB that's business.:)

badrock
12th September 2009, 15:25
doggy but still can,t get legs behind ears. more baby ol needed

Tawi2
12th September 2009, 15:37
Is that the "Downward-facing dog" position :Erm:

http://yoga.about.com/od/yogaposes/a/downdog.htm

Pepe n Pilar
12th September 2009, 16:04

Shall i change the title to " What are your favourite yoga positions"?:Erm::D

Is that the "Downward-facing dog" position :Erm:

http://yoga.about.com/od/yogaposes/a/downdog.htm

Yes Tawi2 this is one of the steps on yoga technique pls see post ~1...:xxgrinning--00xx3::). before you bend both knees and do the baby posture!!:)

GaryFifer
13th September 2009, 10:59
Do you not feel that trans meditation is usually broken by people releasing wind in sessions? Bending the body in such strange manners obviously moves parts of the intestines and thus much :cwm25::cwm25:

Pepe n Pilar
13th September 2009, 21:10
Do you not feel that trans meditation is usually broken by people releasing wind in sessions? Bending the body in such strange manners obviously moves parts of the intestines and thus much :cwm25::cwm25:

is this the pavana mukta asana?

http://www.santosha.com/pavana.html

GaryFifer
14th September 2009, 09:22
Well I would love to do yoga, but I have to be careful about some techniques as I have a back problem.

My problem is Scheuermann Disease,Guide to Scheuermann Disease (http://www.eorthopod.com/public/files/Scheuermanns_Disease.pdf) which is a curve in the thoracic spine. So I try to make the back muscles strong by swimming. Still hurts alot.

Is that hindi language? Since yoga has it's origins in India.I can do the Lion pose first thing every morning
http://www.santosha.com/simha.html

Pepe n Pilar
14th September 2009, 17:21
Well I would love to do yoga, but I have to be careful about some techniques as I have a back problem.

My problem is Scheuermann Disease,Guide to Scheuermann Disease (http://www.eorthopod.com/public/files/Scheuermanns_Disease.pdf) which is a curve in the thoracic spine. So I try to make the back muscles strong by swimming. Still hurts alot.

Is that hindi language? Since yoga has it's origins in India.I can do the Lion pose first thing every morning
http://www.santosha.com/simha.html

Sorry to hear about your back problem Gary&Jessica... You may consult your doctor first if you can do some of the yoga techniques.
The lion posture is very easy..:xxgrinning--00xx3:open mouth and extended tongue.. lol...you may try that it won't hurt your back anyway. There are many yoga postures which i find very easy to do...:xxgrinning--00xx3:.but I prefer those that squeezes my back and more stretching!:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
6th October 2009, 20:45
Drinking and Yoga..... I never knew they were so similar!!!:icon_lol::D:Cuckoo:

GaryFifer
6th October 2009, 20:54
How about the MP technique. This is Boris Johnston showing us:
http://www.wayodd.com/noindex2/funny-pictures-head-up-your-ass-Afq.jpg

Pepe n Pilar
6th October 2009, 21:00
Lol :omg::icon_lol:Gary is this Boris Johnson?? Really???:Erm::icon_lol: