PDA

View Full Version : need help for child tax credit

marylen
18th June 2009, 18:12
we just got a form from hm revenue about the child tax credit we applied for, it is my name on the form addressed on, i am not sure if am gonna fill it up as i am obviously not allow to any benefits in such matter....any idea pls....my husband keeps insisting that i do need to fill it in which it doest affect my ilr in the future....now,,am confused...pls tell me...it supposed to be send tomorrow.

adam&chryss
18th June 2009, 19:31
we just got a form from hm revenue about the child tax credit we applied for, it is my name on the form addressed on, i am not sure if am gonna fill it up as i am obviously not allow to any benefits in such matter....any idea pls....my husband keeps insisting that i do need to fill it in which it doest affect my ilr in the future....now,,am confused...pls tell me...it supposed to be send tomorrow.

In our child tax credit award.. we have received letters from them under my name and under my husband's name. Also they asked for my National Insurance number too. We have spoke with them and kept reminding them that it was my husband who is claiming it. They just said that they need my details too because I'm his wife.
In regards with the form you received, I think I received that too, and that is for your details. Call them just to be 100% sure.

adam&chryss
18th June 2009, 19:32
You still have 30 minutes to call them sis :) Or you can do that tomorrow morning before sending it...

thejarvs
18th June 2009, 20:30
If I remember rightly the claim was made in my name but Cristina's details were included, we had to go to the jobcentre for her to have an interview to get a national insurance number.

rusty
18th June 2009, 20:32
We have also just received our child tax credit award for our Isaac.

When I filled in the forms I had to put all my wife details and we have just recieved the notifcation, one addressed to me and another to my wife.

Mrs.JMajor
18th June 2009, 20:34
:yikes: Same name to Adam and Chryss baby ?? Rusty:):xxgrinning--00xx3:

adam&chryss
19th June 2009, 07:49

When I filled in the forms I had to put all my wife details and we have just recieved the notifcation, one addressed to me and another to my wife.

same here rusty!

you and your family should be in our next gathering at ate maria's.. so we can meet you and then your Isaac and our Isaac could meet as well :D

rusty
19th June 2009, 07:56
same here rusty!

you and your family should be in our next gathering at ate maria's.. so we can meet you and then your Isaac and our Isaac could meet as well :D

I hope that we can make this one, we missed the last gathering as we were busy.

nethlewy
19th June 2009, 07:56

You can and should claim Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit jointly with your partner. If your visa status is no recourse to public funds this is the only way you will receive it. Only one of you submitting the claim has to be under no immigration control.

If you claimed the Child Tax Credit under only one name then try calling the Tax Credit Helpline and see if you can add your partner to the claim. Both of your income details will have to be given.

anngrimes78@msn
21st June 2009, 19:42
hiya.
it was my husband who claimed for child tax credit and child benefit for our sophia as i am not entitled to claim (flr visa), though he gave my bank details cause he wanted the money deposited into my account.

aug06_2006
21st June 2009, 20:30
In our child tax credit award.. we have received letters from them under my name and under my husband's name. Also they asked for my National Insurance number too. We have spoke with them and kept reminding them that it was my husband who is claiming it. They just said that they need my details too because I'm his wife.
In regards with the form you received, I think I received that too, and that is for your details. Call them just to be 100% sure.

pareha ta...

MarBell379
23rd June 2009, 12:21
You will need to give your details. It won't affect ILR as its not you thats claiming, it is your husband.
They are a pain to deal with, often requiring numerous calls to correct information that was given correctly the first time and input wrong.
I'm divorced, and they STILL send me letters about my income even tho I no longer live with my ex and our incomes are completely seperate with her receiving child support from me. Bloody nightmare