PDA

View Full Version : child's application for pinoy passport

chubster
19th June 2009, 23:42
hi..this is my first ever post.
i'm married to a filipina and our 4-month-old son was born here in the UK. He already has british citizenship and a british passport but i want him to get his filipino passport too. I have downloaded the application form but am having trouble with how to fill it in!
Has anyone ever done it?
specifically - am i actually supposed to put the boy's thumbprints on the form?! and where it asks for the signature of applicant do i sign it (on his behalf) or just leave it blank?

thanks in advance if anyone can assist - love this website!:BouncyHappy:

adam&chryss
20th June 2009, 09:36
i'm married to a filipina and our 4-month-old son was born here in the UK. He already has british citizenship and a british passport but i want him to get his filipino passport too. I have downloaded the application form but am having trouble with how to fill it in!
Has anyone ever done it?
specifically - am i actually supposed to put the boy's thumbprints on the form?! and where it asks for the signature of applicant do i sign it (on his behalf) or just leave it blank?

I've done that in Philippines and my son is not a British Citizen.
Must be your wife's thumbprints and her signature or yours I guess :)

ca143
20th June 2009, 10:41
Has anyone ever done it?

Since your son just 4 mos. old he dont need to thumbprints on his application.As we did our daughters application we leave the thumbprints blank and as an applicant i am signing on it.....MY NAME/Mother.....

estherboaz
20th June 2009, 11:39
i think just leave it blank temporarily.when you submit the form you could ask them the best thing to do.have you filled up/accomplished the report of birth form?

http://www.philembassy-uk.org/userfiles/file/rob3.pdf

chubster
20th June 2009, 19:30
hehe--- i couldn't really imagine sticking the boy's thumbprints on there anyway! thanx, i'll just leave it blank.
yeah, i've filled up the report of birth form too - no probs with that one!
do i have to go to the embassy to make this application - or can i do it by post and send them a cheque?
the reason i want his filipino passport is so that i don't have to keep paying a visa extension fee when we go to Phils for 4months later this year...

thanx for helping!

Ann07
20th June 2009, 20:13
hehe--- i couldn't really imagine sticking the boy's thumbprints on there anyway! thanx, i'll just leave it blank.
yeah, i've filled up the report of birth form too - no probs with that one!
do i have to go to the embassy to make this application - or can i do it by post and send them a cheque?
the reason i want his filipino passport is so that i don't have to keep paying a visa extension fee when we go to Phils for 4months later this year...

thanx for helping!

Done that with our wee boy its really confusing so i phoned the embassy. You dont need to put the baby's thumbprints just leave it blank and the applicants signature i put the baby's name but my signature over it. Thats what the embassy told me to do :Erm:

You dont have to submit it personally you can send it thru post as he is only a baby. Got the passport back after 4 weeks:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck:D