PDA

View Full Version : Odd VISA offer - think its a scam - what do you think?

MarBell379
23rd June 2009, 12:52
A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny. She's very keen to take this up, and mailed me to let me know how pleased she was.

I sent back congratulations, I didnt think you could do that anymore as its all tied up on a points based system. (Am I right?)

SHe's just emailed me to tell me they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.

I'm pretty certain this is a scam, but maybe I'm just jaded. What do you think?

Bluebirdjones
23rd June 2009, 13:00
.... see under the SEARCH menu for

NANNY HELPER

... all your fears will be revealed !

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 13:10
STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!Friend of mine lost over 200,000 pesos from exactly the same sort of scam!!!Had to send money to a guy via western union,he was a nigerian,ask her for the address,ask her for the telephone number,do as I did,ring the number,its most probably a cell-phone,I nigerian answered when I rang,then put the phone down on me when I questioned him about the Nanny position. :NoNo::rolleyes::NoNo:

Bluebirdjones
23rd June 2009, 13:12
Sorry... here's the link

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=13804&highlight=nanny+helper

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 13:13
The address will be something totally english like "Buckingham palace street" and the guy will have a Quintessentially english name like James Brown,scam,sacm,scam,he will bleed her dry,always a little more money for this,that or the other,carrot and stick,like fishing.Tell her to tell him to ...... off :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
23rd June 2009, 13:13
There is NO way to get a visa other than through the proper channels. Report the incident and LEAVE WELL ALONE!

Al.:)

Ji&Ma
23rd June 2009, 13:17
A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny. She's very keen to take this up, and mailed me to let me know how pleased she was.

I sent back congratulations, I didnt think you could do that anymore as its all tied up on a points based system. (Am I right?)

SHe's just emailed me to tell me they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.

Leave it and run away from this as fast as she can, :Bolt::Bolt::Bolt::222:
Bleeding obvious SCAM!!!:furious3::Brick::cwm23:

Mrs.JMajor
23rd June 2009, 13:18
Dont ever dare send money, UK didnt accept working visa for nanny from philippines :Help1:, Gosh help her, It was absolutely scam

MarBell379
23rd June 2009, 13:20
figured as much - thanks

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 13:22
There are 1000's of those "Too good to be true" scam e-mails sent to pinays every day from Nigeria,there are cyber schools set up where guys sit all day long sending out fishing mails trying to scam the gullible,do a web search,loads of them,dont shut them down or report them,just bomb them :icon_lol:

Arthur Little
23rd June 2009, 13:46
A friend of my fiancee has just been offered a working Visa to the UK as a nanny ...

... a definite :NoNo: ...

... SHe's just emailed me to tell me *they want £1000 for processing the application for her and a friend, and it seems her friend was introduced via Yahoo Mail.

... :BlacklistThumbdown0:BlacklistThumbdown0 ... *immediate alarm bells!!

Arthur Little
23rd June 2009, 13:55

UNDOUBTEDLY! :iagree: We can only hope that neither your friend [nor HER'S, in turn] is as "green" as your avatar, as it's a long, hard slog to obtain a settlement visa of any sort - let alone, a UK Work Permit ...

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 14:32
This is a 110% scam arthur,I am always surprised how anyone falls for these or "419"s but they still do,lady I know in Pasig,absolute fool,lost over 200,000 pesos,her husband borrowed the money from his mum,he went absolutely ballistic that she could be so stupid,she was contacted through Yahoo by a single guy living in London who wanted her to look after his two kids,he said he could only afford to pay her £3000 a month,and the car she would be able to use wasnt brand new so he was sorry for that blah,blah,blah,cut a long story short,she sent him(Via western union)100,000 pesos to Nigeria(his brother was working there and would handle the fees :Erm:)then he phoned again and asked for another 50,000 for administrative purposes :Erm: Then again for another 50,000 pesos for the flight,then........etc.......ect.....etc,he milked her dry basically :NoNo:

Ji&Ma
23rd June 2009, 14:40
This is a 110% scam arthur,I am always surprised how anyone falls for these or "419"s but they still do,lady I know in Pasig,absolute fool,lost over 200,000 pesos,her husband borrowed the money from his mum,he went absolutely ballistic that she could be so stupid,she was contacted through Yahoo by a single guy living in London who wanted her to look after his two kids,he said he could only afford to pay her £3000 a month,and the car she would be able to use wasnt brand new so he was sorry for that blah,blah,blah,cut a long story short,she sent him(Via western union)100,000 pesos to Nigeria(his brother was working there and would handle the fees :Erm:)then he phoned again and asked for another 50,000 for administrative purposes :Erm: Then again for another 50,000 pesos for the flight,then........etc.......ect.....etc,he milked her dry basically :NoNo:
Ahhhh gosh, how could be somebody this :censored: and fall for this???
I guess the problem is that most people in RP (except friends and relatives of balikbayans etc.) doesn't know anything about life in here and regard UK as a "land of milk and honey" so they aren't able to recognise that this and similar offers are absolutely unreal:Brick: (£3000/month + car = managers or highly qualified salary in UK):furious3:

MarBell379
23rd June 2009, 14:45
I'm just glad she mailed me directly and didnt go for it.
Ive offered to check out addresses/ telephone numbers if she wants confirmation, but I was pretty sure you couldnt get a working Visa just like that anyway.
Thanks for the input

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 14:50
She actually gave me the number after I told her countless times it was a scam,but she wouldnt listen,the noose began to close as it was always money for this,money for that,she gave me the number in the end,cell-phone and it wasnt a UK ringtone,heavily accented west-african male answered,had to be Nigerian as she had sent cash to Lagos with WU,they always offer that self deprecating "Oh,I can only afford to give you £3000 a month" and "I havent got a new car,its at least 2 years old" its rubbish basically,thats why I always say,find out exactly where the scam schools are paint them with a laser and precision bomb them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 14:51
Marbell,ask her for the number,tell her you will check it out for her,your going to end up speaking to a west african guy :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ji&Ma
23rd June 2009, 14:55
She actually gave me the number after I told her countless times it was a scam,but she wouldnt listen,the noose began to close as it was always money for this,money for that,she gave me the number in the end,cell-phone and it wasnt a UK ringtone,heavily accented west-african male answered,had to be Nigerian as she had sent cash to Lagos with WU,they always offer that self deprecating "Oh,I can only afford to give you £3000 a month" and "I havent got a new car,its at least 2 years old" its rubbish basically,thats why I always say,find out exactly where the scam schools are paint them with a laser and precision bomb them :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Hmmm, so there is no help when they are blind and don't want to see and hear:doh:Brick:
Laser and one MOAB can sort this out....:omg::D

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 14:56
Type Nigerian Nanny Scam into google,hundreds of pages all running along the same basic theme :rolleyes: They often say their last nannies ran away(I wonder why:icon_lol:)so thats why their future nannies must pay a bond :icon_lol:

http://www.greataupair.com/Nigerian-aupair-scam.cfm

http://www.nannyclassifieds.com/blog/2006/09/reply-for-with-cv-nanny-scam-2/

http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria/BBS/posts/4621.html

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 15:04
"At this point I was made to sign an agreement that any nanny I will employ as a foreigner will be involved in the expenses but will be refunded back his or her money immediately she him or her arrives UK here in London." :Erm:

This guy said he can only offer her £800 a week :NoNo: But he IS a doctor :xxgrinning--00xx3:and he is going to pay for her driving and language:Erm:lessons?Whats she going to learn?Ibo?Hausa?:Erm:

If you don't mind I can arrange for you any language school and driving school if you wish.
My offer for you for a week is 800 sterling pounds and i will provide your accommodation e.t.c.
An urgent reply is needed as soon as possible.
Best regards,
Dr.Water Brown
24 Sherwood Street Piccadilly London,
W1F 7BR, United Kingdom
Tel:+447035940013

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 15:08
I have seen people really struggle in Pinas,entire families club together,get into debt,to lose cash to one of these rats is terrible :NoNo:

Mrs.JMajor
23rd June 2009, 16:00
Type Nigerian Nanny Scam into google,hundreds of pages all running along the same basic theme :rolleyes: They often say their last nannies ran away(I wonder why:icon_lol:)so thats why their future nannies must pay a bond :icon_lol:

http://www.greataupair.com/Nigerian-aupair-scam.cfm

http://www.nannyclassifieds.com/blog/2006/09/reply-for-with-cv-nanny-scam-2/

http://cellbiol.com/netwatch/nigeria/BBS/posts/4621.html

"At this point I was made to sign an agreement that any nanny I will employ as a foreigner will be involved in the expenses but will be refunded back his or her money immediately she him or her arrives UK here in London." :Erm:

This guy said he can only offer her £800 a week :NoNo: But he IS a doctor :xxgrinning--00xx3:and he is going to pay for her driving and language:Erm:lessons?Whats she going to learn?Ibo?Hausa?:Erm:

If you don't mind I can arrange for you any language school and driving school if you wish.
My offer for you for a week is 800 sterling pounds and i will provide your accommodation e.t.c.
Best regards,
Dr.Water Brown
W1F 7BR, United Kingdom

I have seen people really struggle in Pinas,entire families club together,get into debt,to lose cash to one of these rats is terrible :NoNo:
Multi qoute Tawi or you will bet Mod dom :icon_lol:in his post

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 16:11
Sorry Mrs M :ARsurrender:

IainBusby
23rd June 2009, 20:15

Best regards,
Dr.Water Brown
W1F 7BR, United Kingdom

Couldn't even spell Walter..... well I assume that's what he meant to write.

Tawi2
23rd June 2009, 20:17
Probably a freudian slip because she would be pouring her money down the drain :icon_lol: