PDA

View Full Version : Trying to help a friend?

Fitzy
27th June 2009, 17:10
Hi everybody.

A Scottish friend of mine that I met when in the Philippines last April is asking for some advice, and I said that I wd try to help him.

He is 49, and will be getting married to his girl in the Philippines next march. Lucky him:)
He was once married before at 16, and divorced a year later. Yes we know he was very young:D
Over the years he has lost his divorce documents, and needs to get copies if at all possible.
If I'm thinking correctly, for an English Citizen who wants to marry a girl in the Phils, the final decree will be needed??
Is this what is known in the phils as a certificate of no marriage??

Secondly, he wants to stay for one month, beyond the normal 21 days allowed without a Visa.

I am assuming that he will need to get a Visa from the UK before departure.

Steve will register here in the next week, so that he can start posting his own questions.

On his behalf, a great many thanks indeed.

Ohhh, and before you all ask, things with Roni and I are getting better now after that awful phone scam incident:D:D:D

Sophie
27th June 2009, 17:19
Ohhh, and before you all ask, things with Roni and I are getting better now after that awful phone scam incident:D:D:D

Good to know that fitz :xxgrinning--00xx3: And best of luck to you both in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Fitzy
27th June 2009, 17:31
Good to know that fitz :xxgrinning--00xx3: And best of luck to you both in the future :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Sophie.There are wounds healing, but God willing we should be fine:)

Sophie
27th June 2009, 17:36
Thank you Sophie.There are wounds healing, but God willing we should be fine:)

Oh most definitely fitz, you both will do just fine :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:
Just continue loving and trusting each other :xxgrinning--00xx3:

IainBusby
27th June 2009, 17:45
Hi Phil,
I think he has to contact the his local registry office and request a copy of his decree absolute. I was in the same situation and I'm sure that's where I got it from. It might be the registry office in the area that he got married, or the one where he got divorced, I'm not sure.

As far as staying longer than 21 days in Phils, he can apply for an extension for up to 56 days when he's there, I can't remember what the dept is called exactly, but I know there's one in CDO and most of the major cities, I'm sure someone on here will put you wise about it. I think it costs between 2 and 3 thousand pesos if I remember correctly.

Iain.

IainBusby
27th June 2009, 17:50
Ooops, scrub that first reply, I got the decree absolute from the court where I got divorced, here's a link to explain it all.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Hl1/Help/YourQuestions/DG_10013295
I think it costs about £40 or so.

Iain.

Fitzy
27th June 2009, 17:53
Ooops, scrub that first reply, I got the decree absolute from the court where I got divorced, here's a link to explain it all.
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Hl1/Help/YourQuestions/DG_10013295

Iain.

Great stuff Iain.

Thank you so much.
I will pass this on to him tonight mate.

What a star:xxgrinning--00xx3:

acs
27th June 2009, 21:07
It's in the Bureau of Immigration ...the place where one could get the extension of stay after the 21 days free without visa...one could renew up to 59 days then after that every 2 months..be sure to renew though before the date of your stay expires or else pay a penalty:NoNo:..Most cities in the the Philippines have it so one could just go in there and apply for the extension.

Fitzy
27th June 2009, 21:46
It's in the Bureau of Immigration ...the place where one could get the extension of stay after the 21 days free without visa...one could renew up to 59 days then after that every 2 months..be sure to renew though before the date of your stay expires or else pay a penalty:NoNo:..Most cities in the the Philippines have it so one could just go in there and apply for the extension.

Thank you too my friend. Steve will call me shortly, and i will pass all this on to him.
Thanks to all of you guys, as he now has all the info he needs:)

Jamesey
29th June 2009, 19:20
There's no need to go to the Bureau of Immigration. That would probably involve waiting around for several hours!!!

Most travel agents and some hotels will sort it out for you (for a small fee). You'll just be without your passport for a few days.

Tawi2
29th June 2009, 19:22
Bureau of immigration in Mandaue,for the last two years I have been in and out within 30 minutes when extending my visa :xxgrinning--00xx3:

trader dave
30th June 2009, 05:21
cagayan de oro the same in and out in about 30 mins :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
30th June 2009, 08:30
even in the immigration office in manila.. per transaction will only take about 30 mins.