PDA

View Full Version : Lebara SIM card. Be warned!!!!

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 10:42
I feel that I have to warn as many people about the UK based Lebara cheap international calls SIM card!!

Some of you are familiar with my recent problems regarding accusations to my GF regarding a call i made to her, and got redirected to an abusive recorded telephone call that nearly destroyed us.
I just got hold of Roni's recieved call logs from me on the 23rd of this month, and it showed only FOUR calls from me on that day!
The online Lebara call log shows FIFTEEN!!!!!
One of which was for 12 quid which I didnt make, and 2 others for over two and a half quid each!!
Lebara are confused as much as a I am.

After much research regarding the security flaws in VOIP telephony systems, I now have a clearer picture as to what has probably happened!

My load was hijacked, and probably sold on cheaply!

Lebara hardly connects first time around, and I am reading many complaints about them on the internet.

How the hell could I manage 15 calls to her number, when she only has 4 in her call register from me???

Just beware of voip telephone providers people, and always check your call logs please.

I wonder how many more people are getting shafted like this??????

Think I will stick to Skype pc to pc calls between us, coz at least its free anyway lol.

It also makes me wonder what happened last week when I remote loaded her Globe phone from Chikka to be told a few minutes after that it suddenly vanished (seperate from VOIP issues, but hijacking all the same)

Some great ppl out there huh??

Thanks for all your helps, and support the past week:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
28th June 2009, 10:52
Hi Fitz! It's good that your dilemma is resolved:xxgrinning--00xx3: I once tried Lebara as the offer was hard to resist, I was not happy with how their card worked, the minutes were eaten up too quickly so I gave them a very bad rating. Anyhow, hope all is well for you now.

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 11:01
Hi Fitz! It's good that your dilemma is resolved:xxgrinning--00xx3: I once tried Lebara as the offer was hard to resist, I was not happy with how their card worked, the minutes were eaten up too quickly so I gave them a very bad rating. Anyhow, hope all is well for you now.

Exactly my point, and thank you so much. We are fine now:)
As a radio engineer, I should have done all of this research before flying off the handle:doh
I normally use a company called top up discount, as it tops you up via SMS to your mobile phone, and I can't fault them. 8 PPmin to Philippines Mobile, and excellent call quality.

As you did, I tried Lebara because of their offer.

VOIP communication systems need a great deal more evolvement with reference to their security flaws.

Google searching provided me with much information on this!

gracia143
28th June 2009, 11:16
No worries...Well, I use the special number to call Phils. 10pence per minute and I use it everytime I really need to make a call to the Phils., especially late at night (08719994994).

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 11:29
No worries...Well, I use the special number to call Phils. 10pence per minute and I use it everytime I really need to make a call, especially late at night (08719994994).

Ohhhk.

Is all good stuff! Well, most of the time:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

I love ur footer BTW heheheheheh

gracia143
28th June 2009, 11:33
Ohhhk.

Is all good stuff! Well, most of the time:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

I love ur footer BTW heheheheheh

Gee thanks! That was for Trev really, it's brave of him to stick by me:D

Mrs.JMajor
28th June 2009, 12:55
Sometimes hubby told me, you get what you pay for...I always use Skype and the 02 free country call, hubby just top up 15 pounds and I got 100 minutes for every month, reliable been using it for a year now, never had trouble.

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 13:33
I'll just stick what I'm used to now, we will be skype to skype in a couple more hours, and whats good also, is that I installed Skype, and Fring on my mobiles, and use my free internet bolt on with 02 as the over air interface when not at the computer. Carrier to you non tecchies:D:D

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 13:34
Gee thanks! That was for Trev really, it's brave of him to stick by me:D

I thought we were the lucky ones? hehehehehehe:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy::Rasp:

trader dave
28th June 2009, 14:20
Hi fitzy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i like many others have been reading of your :doh :cwm24:

i am not going to teach you how to suck eggs :icon_lol: but LDR are very difficult i should know i am nearing the 2 year mark on my LDR ok we are married now :) but we are still apart :bigcry: it took a long time to build that trust between us .i am sure many others will agree on that:xxgrinning--00xx3:once the total trust is in place everything else falls into place:xxgrinning--00xx3: we dont use any phone calls at all we use pc -pc skype or yahoo chat and video:Rasp: its a lot more fun than a boring phone call:cwm24:

hope everything is still sweet between you and ronni :xxgrinning--00xx3: just remember without trust you have nothing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

joebloggs
28th June 2009, 14:44
How the hell could I manage 15 calls to her number, when she only has 4 in her call register from me???

so what happened to the other 11 calls from your mob to your g/f's number ?, did she get 11 calls from someone else ? or were they diverted to someone else ?

maybe someone cloned the sim card :Erm:

somebody
28th June 2009, 16:08
so what happened to the other 11 calls from your mob to your g/f's number ?, did she get 11 calls from someone else ? or were they diverted to someone else ?

I was thinking that.

Best to write to offcom im sure they possibly will do nothing about your indivual case but, if everyone having issues like this informa them. Then they should act.

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 19:10
Well guys, as I said, the calls were hijacked more than likely outside of our country, but that's life, will stick with skype to skype, and text messaging, as its far cheaper, and more secure.
I lesson well learned here!!

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 19:13

Well Joe, as a SIM card is very very secure in itself, is more than likely the calls were re diverted somewhere along one of the voip servers after it left the cellular network!

Fitzy
28th June 2009, 19:19
Hi fitzy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i like many others have been reading of your :doh :cwm24:

i am not going to teach you how to suck eggs :icon_lol: but LDR are very difficult i should know i am nearing the 2 year mark on my LDR ok we are married now :) but we are still apart :bigcry: it took a long time to build that trust between us .i am sure many others will agree on that:xxgrinning--00xx3:once the total trust is in place everything else falls into place:xxgrinning--00xx3: we dont use any phone calls at all we use pc -pc skype or yahoo chat and video:Rasp: its a lot more fun than a boring phone call:cwm24:

hope everything is still sweet between you and ronni :xxgrinning--00xx3: just remember without trust you have nothing:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you dave.

Nice reply mate, well appreciated as per usual. Is nearly a year for us, but I think we will be ok.
I just need to take a chill pill and be patient:D

lizaphil
8th July 2009, 19:40
I feel that I have to warn as many people about the UK based Lebara cheap international calls SIM card!!

Some of you are familiar with my recent problems regarding accusations to my GF regarding a call i made to her, and got redirected to an abusive recorded telephone call that nearly destroyed us.
I just got hold of Roni's recieved call logs from me on the 23rd of this month, and it showed only FOUR calls from me on that day!
The online Lebara call log shows FIFTEEN!!!!!
One of which was for 12 quid which I didnt make, and 2 others for over two and a half quid each!!
Lebara are confused as much as a I am.

After much research regarding the security flaws in VOIP telephony systems, I now have a clearer picture as to what has probably happened!

My load was hijacked, and probably sold on cheaply!

Lebara hardly connects first time around, and I am reading many complaints about them on the internet.

Just beware of voip telephone providers people, and always check your call logs please.

I wonder how many more people are getting shafted like this??????

Think I will stick to Skype pc to pc calls between us, coz at least its free anyway lol.

It also makes me wonder what happened last week when I remote loaded her Globe phone from Chikka to be told a few minutes after that it suddenly vanished (seperate from VOIP issues, but hijacking all the same)

Some great ppl out there huh??

Thanks for all your helps, and support the past week:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

hiya,well i used lebara Sim for nearly 1year now,i don't have any problem
and it is very cheap call to the Philippines and?is is free call to all lebara user? and free text also,just around here in the uk:ARsurrender: