PDA

View Full Version : Superstitious belief: Ladies Did you fit your W.Dress?

LEAHnew
1st July 2009, 14:24
WARNING: FOR LADIES ONLY:D
Hello there just want to ask if you believe in some superstitious..lol..have u tried fitting wedding dress before your wedding or not?:D
An old saying here if you will fit your gown before your wedding day, there's no wedding will happen:cwm24::doh:D
I hope you could share experiences even silly stuff:Cuckoo::D:Rasp:
keep smiling:):Hellooo::Hellooo:

Mrs.JMajor
1st July 2009, 14:27
Hi Leah, I even discuss that, so the question back to me if.....What if the wedding dress is not fit for you?...for me..I dont believe in that superstitious belief. Need to fit it I guess :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Beside we want to be look wonderful in that memorable day of us di ba?

We dont want it saying .."Naka ang luwang sa puson" (gosh its not fit to my tummy so big, I dont look sexy here) so we need to do some adjusting effect:D

charlwill
1st July 2009, 14:27
Hello there just want to ask if you believe in some superstitious..lol..have u tried fitting wedding dress before your wedding or not?:D
An old saying here if you will fit your gown before your wedding day, there's no wedding will happen:cwm24::doh:D
Of course, dear!! How would you know if it's really has a nice fitting in you body if you're not going to try. I, myself don't believe on that superstitious belief.

LEAHnew
1st July 2009, 14:44
Oh Thanks for the quick replies...I hope my Mom and my Lola could read your replies:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 14:54
I fitted my wedding dress when I bought it as it was size 20 :yikes: before alterations were done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
1st July 2009, 15:00
I fitted my wedding dress when I bought it as it was size 20 :yikes: before alterations were done :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh there you are sis:D I supposed to ask help to u to make me a poll for it:yikes::D then forward the result to my lola:D:icon_lol::Rasp: :cwm12:

thanks for the reply:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 15:17
Oh there you are sis:D I supposed to ask help to u to make me a poll for it:yikes::D then forward the result to my lola:D:icon_lol::Rasp: :cwm12:

thanks for the reply:xxgrinning--00xx3:

hehehe (you know I like polls haha:D), I'm not sure how to add a Poll in an existing thread:Erm:
hehe... I can make a Poll if you like then link this thread... or We can ask the Mods if they can merge both threads into 1 or something?:)

LEAHnew
1st July 2009, 15:22
hehehe (you know I like polls haha:D), I'm not sure how to add a Poll in an existing thread:Erm:
hehe... I can make a Poll if you like then link this thread... or We can ask the Mods if they can merge both threads into 1 or something?:)

Oh yes please, maybe some of the ladies here believe it, as respect to the elders,maybe the poll can help to other ladies will soon be marry as well and can't resist to fit their w.dress:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 15:55
Oh yes please, maybe some of the ladies here believe it, as respect to the elders,maybe the poll can help to other ladies will soon be marry as well and can't resist to fit their w.dress:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Leah!! done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

LEAHnew
1st July 2009, 16:06
Leah!! done!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thanks Zobel:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodnight here:) SNN na:D

trader dave
1st July 2009, 16:28
yes mrs T was like that would not try the dress on for size also us guys was not allowed to try our barongs on :icon_lol::icon_lol::NoNo:

JudyHon
1st July 2009, 21:12
I love your new avatar :icon_lol:

I discussed it with my hubby during our wedding preparation not to fit my dress as i know it's bad luck in the Philippines but he said i must try it just to make sure will perfectly fit for me on the wedding and it's not bad luck here in the UK.

My inlaws said i musn't show the dress to my hubby and see each other before the wedding :doh as it's bad luck here. I've done all of that Sis, strange isn't it?

Congratulations Sis on your forthcoming wedding :BouncyHappy:

Have a safe journey & welcome to UK :Britain:

LEAHnew
2nd July 2009, 11:38
yes mrs T was like that would not try the dress on for size also us guys was not allowed to try our barongs on :icon_lol::icon_lol::NoNo:

:D nice to hear your experience Dave very cooperative groom:D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I love your new avatar :icon_lol:

I discussed it with my hubby during our wedding preparation not to fit my dress as i know it's bad luck in the Philippines but he said i must try it just to make sure will perfectly fit for me on the wedding and it's not bad luck here in the UK.

My inlaws said i musn't show the dress to my hubby and see each other before the wedding :doh as it's bad luck here. I've done all of that Sis, strange isn't it?

Congratulations Sis on your forthcoming wedding :BouncyHappy:

Have a safe journey & welcome to UK :Britain:

:D:icon_lol::icon_lol: I'm glad you love my new avatar:D, my daughter loving it as well:D:Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:I guess in a few times she will register here as well:omg:

Thank you for sharing sis:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

All the best,
Leah

Sophie
2nd July 2009, 11:48

I don't really believe this one is true leah, i fitted my wedding gown several times down to my final fitting...
and the wedding pushed through, no unfortunate thing that happened at all nor any delays or mess that occured at the wedding....
and were still very much married until now and getting stronger :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You only get married once, and you want nothing more than to look your best at your wedding day, and your wedding gown is the highlight of the event :xxgrinning--00xx3:

JudyHon
2nd July 2009, 11:52
:D:icon_lol::icon_lol: I'm glad you love my new avatar:D, my daughter loving it as well:D:Rasp::icon_lol::icon_lol:I guess in a few times she will register here as well:omg:

Thank you for sharing sis:BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

All the best,
Leah[/QUOTE]

It's quite amusing Sis :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: You make me laugh every time i see your avatar :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

That's fine Sis hope you share it to your "Lola" :D

Cheers! :)

LEAHnew
2nd July 2009, 12:16
I don't really believe this one is true leah, i fitted my wedding gown several times down to my final fitting...
and the wedding pushed through, no unfortunate thing that happened at all nor any delays or mess that occured at the wedding....
and were still very much married until now and getting stronger :xxgrinning--00xx3:
You only get married once, and you want nothing more than to look your best at your wedding day, and your wedding gown is the highlight of the event :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Once again thanks Sophie, your such a Brilliant poster here very helpful and sensible:xxgrinning--00xx3:

:Erm:I guess it's hard to merge Zobel's POll and my thread now:D anyway I hope it's fine to Boss Keith especially when it comes to Girl Talk:yikes::D

It's quite amusing Sis :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: You make me laugh every time i see your avatar :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

That's fine Sis hope you share it to your "Lola" :D

Cheers! :)

:D:cwm12::icon_lol:same here, I keep on laughin:Rasp:

I have something to share... how I wish my Lola like this:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bGdib1ycQ
A DSL Local Ads here:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

JudyHon
2nd July 2009, 12:21
I have something to share... how I wish my Lola like this:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73bGdib1ycQ
A DSL Local Ads here:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh dear Sis here we are again, what a naughty Lola :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

vbkelly
2nd July 2009, 15:23

hehe i don't believed it you know not works for me that superstitious belief na yan coz i did try mine when they finished sewed my gown.

mommyhere
2nd July 2009, 16:51
All i believe is, if there's no GROOM that will show up, no Wedding that wll ever happen...:Erm:

About pre-wedding fitting of the gown..humm got no idea:NoNo:
for I've never been married..even though I've got kids.
And even the husband is long gone..:doh

Sophie
2nd July 2009, 18:33
[QUOTE=LEAHnew;148646]:xxgrinning--00xx3:Once again thanks Sophie, your such a Brilliant poster here very helpful and sensible:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You're welcome leah and thank you as well :):):)

aug06_2006
2nd July 2009, 21:42

Hi Leah, me don't believe in that supertitious belief. I tried to fit my wedding gown before and after finished sewing. And I did fit it again a day before my wedding day. Anyway, my wed dress made in the Phils. pala heheheh!