PDA

View Full Version : For Brides Only

Jay&Zobel
1st July 2009, 15:50
PI Wedding Culture and Superstitions

Brides shouldn't try on her wedding dress bef0re the wedding day or the wedding will not push through.:Erm:

Leah asked me to make a poll regarding this matter:
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=16866

THANKS.

charlwill
1st July 2009, 16:00
I tried my wedding gown before my wedding... and now am happy married to my husband.

adam&chryss
1st July 2009, 16:07
i tried it on :xxgrinning--00xx3:

i just wanted to be sure that it fits me nicely :)

Sophie
1st July 2009, 16:19
I don't believe in this superstition...
I tried my wedding gown several times,had my first fitting, 2nd, 3rd with my couturier down to my final fitting
The wedding pushed through, nothing unfortunate happened and were still so married, lol :xxgrinning--00xx3:

paulgee
1st July 2009, 16:44
In my case I do beleive in superstition. I did not tried to fit it few days before the wedding date. I just tried to fit it early in the morning on our wedding day, and that was few hours before the wedding ceremony, which was held in the afternoon then. So far, my wedding gown fits well on me..

bornatbirth
1st July 2009, 17:14
i voted not to wear,with my bilbil i will look stupid....oh i never wear dresses either!!

JudyHon
1st July 2009, 20:51
I was worried about wearing my dress during the fitting coz i know that's bad luck in the Philippines. My family kept on reminding me not to try on my dress while we were preparing for the wedding. My hubby and his family said it's not bad luck here but it's bad if you don't fit your dress :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I had five fitting done before they got it right so I'm glad i wore it before my special day. I haven't seen any sign of bad luck yet so i hope it's just a superstition.

I make sure my hubby does not see me before the wedding as it is bad luck in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3:

simonline
2nd July 2009, 02:57
:Hellooo: In my case I don't believe in superstition, but i knew my family will not allow me to wear my wedding dress before my wedding date. So my choiced was to listen to them. Also i don't want to risk when it comes to this. So when i designed my wedding dress it should be adjustable. I don't want to use zipper I'm not sure what you call it (see attachment). I consider also loosing weight because of my stress, but what happened was i gained. And no problem :-). Lastly i trust my tailor.

"It's just a matter of choice" :)

Florge
2nd July 2009, 05:17
mmmm... not a bride yet... but can i also vote? hehehehe....

LEAHnew
2nd July 2009, 11:50
To Zobel,Charwill,Chryss,Sophie,Shirley and Judith, I saw your wedding pics and inspire me a lot. You are all very gorgeous:xxgrinning--00xx3:and had a lovely wedding,
how I wish we could make it like you did guys:Erm::D, but I guess us will be very simple super simple:rolleyes::D:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Time to fit na:D:Rasp:

Florge
2nd July 2009, 11:52
Leah,

When and where is your wedding?

Sophie
2nd July 2009, 11:55
To Zobel,Charwill,Chryss,Sophie,Shirley and Judith, I saw your wedding pics and inspire me a lot. You are all very gorgeous:xxgrinning--00xx3:and had a lovely wedding,
how I wish we could make it like you did guys:Erm::D, but I guess us will be very simple super simple:rolleyes::D:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Thank you leah :) I'm sure you will look so gorgeous on your wedding day whether its simple or not, all brides do :xxgrinning--00xx3:
there's something about a wedding that makes a bride just glow so beautifully, i'm sure you will definitely be one :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So enjoy fitting your wedding gown and i wish you all the best on your upcoming big day :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

LEAHnew
2nd July 2009, 11:57
i voted not to wear,with my bilbil i will look stupid....oh i never wear dresses either!!

:doh:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:amazing bilbil:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

:Hellooo: In my case I don't believe in superstition, but i knew my family will not allow me to wear my wedding dress before my wedding date. So my choiced was to listen to them. Also i don't want to risk when it comes to this. So when i designed my wedding dress it should be adjustable. I don't want to use zipper I'm not sure what you call it (see attachment). I consider also loosing weight because of my stress, but what happened was i gained. And no problem :-). Lastly i trust my tailor.

:)Point taken sis, Thanks for the tip:xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::Hellooo:

mmmm... not a bride yet... but can i also vote? hehehehe....

:xxgrinning--00xx3: your soon to be a bride so what's your vote?:D:Hellooo:

LEAHnew
2nd July 2009, 12:00
Thank you leah :) I'm sure you will look so gorgeous on your wedding day whether its simple or not, all brides do :xxgrinning--00xx3:
there's something about a wedding that makes a bride just glow so beautifully, i'm sure you will definitely be one :xxgrinning--00xx3:
So enjoy fitting your wedding gown and i wish you all the best on your upcoming big day :xxgrinning--00xx3::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:

aww blushing here:):cwm38:
Thanks for the lovely words:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
2nd July 2009, 12:02
Leah,

my vote? Try on my wedding dress! I would want it to fit me.. hehehe...

JudyHon
2nd July 2009, 12:13

Aw! Thank you Sis :cwm38: Whether it's simple or elegant wedding as long as you are both in love & happy together, that's the most important Sis. I'm sure you are the most beautiful, center of attraction & you are the important person on that day! You are THE BRIDE!… and you have reached the point of joining your life with that of your important man!….. besides which, you are pretty and in love!

Remember it's your special day so enjoy & best wishes :BouncyHappy:

mavid
3rd July 2009, 16:34
I tried it on 3 times now lol

gracia143
3rd July 2009, 19:35
Had I not tried it on I wouldn't have worn it on the day. I was size 8 when I bought the dress and had put on weight before the wedding day so I had to make alterations. I don't think there is harm in doing that.

Jay&Zobel
4th July 2009, 22:07

Hehe... salamat!!!

I tried it on 3 times now lol

excited masyado ang pretty lola!!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Had I not tried it on I wouldn't have worn it on the day. I was size 8 when I bought the dress and had put on weight before the wedding day so I had to make alterations. I don't think there is harm in doing that.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3: Listen to Miss Gracia Leah!!

aphrodite78
15th July 2009, 13:36
my own opinion and experience, i don't believe that it's bad luck. trust me. i have been married 2x, didn't wore it the day before but still my first marriage was bigamous, second marriage ended up in domestic violence, hmmm my third which is on 3rd of aug i think i will wear it the day before who knows maybe my luck will change :omg:

mrs traderdave
25th August 2009, 10:09
i never try my wedding gown yet before my big day but they only measure what is the right fit on my body cause they make it as first user:xxgrinning--00xx3:but im not worried not to fit cause i always going to the gym:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

scottishbride
25th August 2009, 13:57
My designer scheduled 3 fittings. It is SOP to try on the wedding gown, you don't want to be stress on the day.

jencha8569
25th August 2009, 13:58
for me its not bad luck to fit ur wedding dress before the big day. And besides how can you know if the fitting is right and u are comfy or not if u will not fit it?:Erm: I did fit my dress the time i bought it and when i get home to know if adjustment/s is needed. My wedding did posh through without any probs and still married:xxgrinning--00xx3:
I think its ones perception if u think you have to follow or would like to believe the old superstition then go for it just try to hide the bilbil well:icon_lol:

Ladybug_sim
25th August 2009, 14:56
In my case I do beleive in superstition. I did not tried to fit it few days before the wedding date. I just tried to fit it early in the morning on our wedding day, and that was few hours before the wedding ceremony, which was held in the afternoon then. So far, my wedding gown fits well on me..

hmmm I'm still can't vote ? :Erm: don't know if i try on it or not :cwm34:.. a little bit believing in superstitious too but it is only depend on how you believe on it .. so guys good luck to you all and Leahnew, I'm glad to hear that you are fitting now on your wedding gown :Hellooo: :xxgrinning--00xx3: my bug keep talking to me about you and we wish you more luck, happiness and love in your life with your hubby :Hellooo::Hellooo:

LEAHnew
25th August 2009, 22:09
:dohI can't avoid to believe superstition now:NoNo::bigcry:
forgive me guys i'm starting to get emotional again:cwm34:

Sophie
25th August 2009, 22:27

Hi leah, sorry about your situation now, i can understand why you're feeling the way you do now.....
Strange but it makes me wonder too.....the superstition....but don't worry, i'm sure things will fall into place, just keep praying....
Hope things will get sorted out soon so you can carry on the wedding as planned....

LEAHnew
25th August 2009, 22:43
Hi leah, sorry about your situation now, i can understand why you're feeling the way you do now.....
Strange but it makes me wonder too.....the superstition....but don't worry, i'm sure things will fall into place, just keep praying....
Hope things will get sorted out soon so you can carry on the wedding as planned....

Thanks Sophie for the kind words..I really need that..

keeping the faith,
Leah

jencha8569
26th August 2009, 06:16

Hi ate Leah even if u believe in superstition or not doesnt matter as long as the love and faith is strong for each other nothing/no one can get in the way for you and Chris. You can be sure that it will be better sooner or later so dont worry everythings gonna be alright. keep smiling and hold on tight coz life is a rollercoaster :D Marriage will come in the meantime enjoy each others company. I am here for you and others too as you were here for us.:)

eljean
26th August 2009, 15:55
As far as i know,its up to two people to make the marriage work not because on what you wear on the wedding day/superstitious belief.

eleazebonares
23rd September 2009, 04:31

im not a bride,just wanna say the back design is good.