PDA

View Full Version : Top best british beach - anyone can recommend?

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 19:04
We prefered camping in a holiday park near to the seaside as much as possible.
ANyone can recommend a place?

Thanks in advance:Hellooo:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2009, 19:06
skeggy everyone:Erm::Erm::Erm:never been there but a lot of my mates recommend it:xxgrinning--00xx3:been to eastborn and wales but nothing compared to our dagat in pinas:)

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 19:07
skeggy everyone:Erm::Erm::Erm:never been there but a lot of my mates recommend it:xxgrinning--00xx3:been to eastborn and wales but nothing compared to our dagat in pinas:)

do u mean skegnes? if yes then checked. we've been there:icon_lol:

vbkelly
1st July 2009, 19:09

hehe i've been to skegness the sea is like chocolate pinas na lang even the flights is expensive.

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2009, 19:09
yep,how do you find it?did u like it there?:D

vbkelly
1st July 2009, 19:13

i don't like it lol lol

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 19:14

yeap! we were there just last summer. we stayed in Golden Sun, one of Haven's holiday park. The beach is brilliant!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
1st July 2009, 19:15
Beach.....Britain......:laugher:

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 19:16
Betch.....Britain......:laugher:

:icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2009, 19:16

that`s more like the answer from the expert:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 19:18
by the way Keith, can you recommend a nice betch there in wales? because wales is the only place we haven't visit yet in UK.

adam&chryss
1st July 2009, 19:29
Whichever beach you choose just remember one thing, swim with your mouth shut.....

GaryFifer
1st July 2009, 19:32

I can recommend Silver Sands beach near Aberdour. I also went there for weekend trips. It is easily accessible from train after Edinburgh. Good clean water, toilets, grass to sit on, bring bucket and spade.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pdonald/3512606197/in/set-72157602320956842/

Video results of Aberdour beach (http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=Silver+sands+aberdour&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=UqpLSpGkOoOhjAer4KjVCA&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=639196865#)

I hope that link works

There is also a caravan park called Pettycur with beautiful views across the Forth estuary.PettyCur caravan website (http://www.pettycur.co.uk/)

That would be self catering, but theres hotels and BB nearby there too.

bornatbirth
1st July 2009, 19:55
if you come to the south coast try studland beach and sandbanks:xxgrinning--00xx3:,theres even a nudist beach near studland :Erm:

when its hot the beaches are fantastic!!

have you tryed nearer where you are??

Jamesey
1st July 2009, 20:01
by the way Keith, can you recommend a nice betch there in wales? because wales is the only place we haven't visit yet in UK.

There's some amazing beaches on the Gower Peninsula near Swansea. Oxwich Bay is a long expanse of sand, Caswell is a nice little beach for surfing but the best is Three Cliffs Bay. You can get there by walking through some woods, emerging onto a beautiful beach with a ruined castle on the cliffs behind. It really is a beautiful place. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
1st July 2009, 20:03
Hows our beach here......:rolleyes:

Step son ko ,muntik ko na ibaon, makulit kasi:icon_lol:

Sophie
1st July 2009, 21:31

LOL, the icon speaks for itself :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
1st July 2009, 21:32

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
1st July 2009, 21:47

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tinagalog ko wheela, bk mbasa ni Tom, yari! :icon_lol::icon_lol::Cuckoo:

:laugher:

rusty
1st July 2009, 21:50

Which beach is that, Lowerstoft or Yarmouth?

nigel
1st July 2009, 21:53
I believe there are some nice beaches in the Norfolk area, I personally like the South coast of England, there are no sandy beaches whatsoever down there..:NoNo: but there is Brighton which I LOVE!:) And many fascinating towns along the coastline which are old viking settlements..:D

The people seem to be bonkers around the south coast,(is it the sea air?:icon_lol:) it was down there that somebody put posters on the closed woolworths stores claiming that the stores would be turned into brothels!:icon_lol: There is a baker shop clalled "Big Baps!" (baps can mean boobs..:icon_lol:) There is a cafe called M.T. Plates cafe...(empty plates .... M.T. Plates get it?) I'm sure there is other silly stuff like that, like, people dye their hair bright blue! Or pink! Or green! :icon_lol:

Brighton is great cause there are so many characters there, hippys, punk rockers, emo's etc, I've seen a few Harajuku style Japanese girls there aswell so it's a cultured place...buskers in the streets are nothing unusual, and there is some fascinating shopping to be done in the laines...it's just streets of fashion shops and market stalls and stuff...Brighton pier is quite good too!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

So I recommend Brighton!:xxgrinning--00xx3: But the beach, is, um, errr, the beach is, um, sort of, a bit, well it's, it's a bit, um, it's, kind of, err,

IT'S CR*P! :icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
1st July 2009, 21:55
Which beach is that, Lowerstoft or Yarmouth?

Gorleston, wahh rusty, we been to lowestoft, yuck the sand was sooooooo dirty, but here in my place Gorleston beach, kiddie corner...wow so clean, I notice and tell hubby that I didnt see any plastic or dirty things in the beach,every weekend loads of people in the beach and every morning, I saw a people keep picking up all the rubbish.

This is the place, supposed to be to invite you to have picnic, but Maria offer a better deal eh :rolleyes::icon_lol: which is perfeclty fantastic,

But one of this days, I will insist it, maybe if jed is here na,:BouncyHappy:

Mrs.JMajor
1st July 2009, 21:58
I believe there are some nice beaches in the Norfolk area,

Definitely Nigel the Gorleston, wow you wouldnt imagine loads of car parked near seaside every weekend and I manage to ask one pinay where they came form,(forgot the place) and ask hubby where it is,he said 4 hours to drive :yikes: we are lucky to be 30 steps away from the sea :rolleyes::BouncyHappy:

rusty
1st July 2009, 22:04
I believe there are some nice beaches in the Norfolk area, I personally like the South coast of England, there are no sandy beaches whatsoever down there..:NoNo:

camber sands, we always went there when i was younger.

Arthur Little
1st July 2009, 22:23

Scotland boasts many fine beaches. Some of the loveliest, most unspoilt of these, happen to be in the extreme far north - Durness, for example - but it's a very far distance to travel. :Erm: St Andrews and other small towns in the East Neuk of Fife are nice places to visit too. But I imagine your preference is for somewhere nearer home, since you're living in England.

nigel
1st July 2009, 22:31
camber sands, we always went there when i was younger.
Your right!:xxgrinning--00xx3: the furthest east I've been along that coastline is Hastings, (1066 Battle Of Hastings..that's the place..) I thought there was no sandy beach anywhere further east..I was wrong! haha Hayling Island near Portsmouth used to have sandy beaches, put they put a load of rocks on it to protect buildings near the water...basically they ruined the only sandy beach for bloody miles!:doh Hayling Island is like a ghost town now..:NoNo:

charlwill
1st July 2009, 22:53
How bout this LadyJ

http://www.pentewansands.com/

and this one

http://www.stivesbay.co.uk/static-tents.htm

both are in Cornwall.

LadyJ
1st July 2009, 23:48
Brilliant! You guys are brilliant!!:Hellooo: I shall start browsing on the net your recommended places. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If any other members wants to add, just keep posting pls:Rasp:

Thanks ever so much for all your help.:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::cwm12:

You should received your green blob within 24 hrs, thank you for your purchased.:D

fred
2nd July 2009, 00:28
The best beaches in the world are in Cornwall IMO and thats coming from a guy that lives in Bohol..

http://www.worldwidewolfie.co.uk/images/big/travels_cornwall_beach.jpg
http://www.freefoto.com/images/1007/06/1007_06_7---Whitesand-Bay-with-Sennen-Cove-Beach-Cornwall_web.jpg

scott&ligaya
2nd July 2009, 00:39
depends what kind of beach you like

Woolacombe sands (nearly 2 miles long of flat sand) Croyde bay and Saunton near by)
North Devon

Watergate bay near newquay (good surf but watch the current) 2 miles of sand ), Newquay I dislike but the surrounding area has many good beaches and loads of camping sites
North Cornwall

Perranporth (miles of sand below a haven site) fairly good surfing)
North Cornwall

Bournemouth (3 miles of sand plus amusements/pier etc
Dorset

Personally I prefer some of the lesser known coves with smaller but beautiful beaches try for example

Trebarwith Strand near Boscastle North Cornwall

I am a real beach bum surfer type so know loads of beaches both family safe and a bit out of the way but very pretty (can have dodgy rips though)

happy holidays

aromulus
2nd July 2009, 07:39

Never mind what the others are recommending, they are all balik-balik....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

What I personally have seen, and enjoyed going to, over the years, with the kids or without, is "Shell Island", in North Wales.

http://www.shellisland.co.uk/

Arthur Little
2nd July 2009, 12:35
Never mind what the others are recommending, they are all balik-balik....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

What I personally have seen, and enjoyed going to, over the years, with the kids or without, is "Shell Island", in North Wales.

http://www.shellisland.co.uk/

Thanks Dom, for sharing these camera shots with us. Never having been to Wales, I wasn't in a postion to recommend "Shell Island" to Lady J. But it looks stunning ... especially the beautiful sunset! :)

Arthur Little
2nd July 2009, 12:46
Brilliant! You guys are brilliant!!:Hellooo: I shall start browsing on the net your recommended places. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

If any other members wants to add, just keep posting pls:Rasp:

Thanks ever so much for all your help.:BouncyHappy::Hellooo::cwm12:

You should received your green blob within 24 hrs, thank you for your purchased.:D

Very many thanks, LadyJ for adding to my green blobs. :D It's greatly appreciated! Seems Dom's recommendation might be well-worthwhile looking at ... being that much nearer home for you and your family.

LadyJ
2nd July 2009, 12:56
Thanks for all your comments! I have look on google map each of your chosen places and they're all beautiful beach to visit specially Dom's Shell Island it looks like a massive place from google. Cheers everyone!

aromulus
2nd July 2009, 13:36
Thanks for all your comments! I have look on google map each of your chosen places and they're all beautiful beach to visit specially Dom's Shell Island it looks like a massive place from google. Cheers everyone!

I thought it fair to also include the unofficial website link.

I suggest you click on the youtube link in there....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
4th July 2009, 22:22
Visit this mate!!!

http://www.enjoyengland.com/ideas/family-fun/seaside/secret-beaches.aspx

pennybarry
5th July 2009, 11:32
Top 10 British beaches

1. Bournemouth, Dorset
Bournemouth benefits from 7 miles of pure gold. One of the best city beaches in the UK , its soft sand and acres of space are perfect for families. It's won awards for cleanliness and on a clear day you can see out to the Needles on the Isle of Wight . True, it's not a deserted paradise, but you can't ask for much more so close to a major town. And with the building of Europe's first artificial surf reef, the beach is set to become one of the UK 's premier surfing spots.

2. West Wittering, West Sussex
West Wittering near Chichester manages to please all comers with expansive sands, superior water quality and a thriving dune ecosystem. The beach shelves gently towards the sea making it ideal for safe swimming and when the tide is out you can bask in shallow tidal pools warmed by the sun. If you feel restless you can walk around East Head, a sandy spit populated by absorbing coastal flora and fauna.

3. Croyde Bay, North Devon
Hammering surf and excellent surf schools and shops have sealed Croyde Bay 's reputation as North Devon 's best beach for catching waves. The village has retained an old world charm despite the influx of young surfers keen to party and the beach is big enough for sunbathers and swimmers, too.

4. Holy Island, Northumberland
One of the most haunting and beautiful places in Britain , Holy Island was an early centre of Christianity in the UK . Cut off from the mainland twice a day by the tide, it has a castle, an evocative ruined priory and mile upon mile of deserted sand. If you're in a reflective mood, this is the one for you. Watch out for grey seals and rare birds.

5. Holkham, Norfolk
Draped in dunes, Holkham is a deliciously secluded beach backed by scented pine forest. Sunbathe, horseride or explore 3 miles of seemingly measureless, creamy sands. And if you come to Holkham, you'll be in illustrious company. The Queen likes to walk her Corgis here and Gwyneth Paltrow strode across the sands for the final scene of Shakespeare in Love.

6. Great Bay, St Martin's, Isles of Scilly
Short on Kiss Me Quick hats and sickly sticks of rock but with charm to spare, Great Bay is the best beach in the Scillys. You can only reach it on foot, so the holiday hordes generally stay away. It's only a 20 minute walk from the quay and the journey's certainly worth it. Offshore, kelp forests sheltering colourful fish wave lazily in a cobalt sea and the arcing white sands are distinctly tropical.

7. Blackpool, Lancashire
Ice creams, saucy postcards, fish ‘n' chips, rock, donkey rides and deckchairs – Blackpool beach is the essence of the traditional British seaside. Apart from miles of sand you'll find slot machines, shows and some of the biggest and scariest rollercoasters in the UK.

8. Abereiddi Blue Lagoon, Pembrokeshire
Not strictly a beach, the Blue Lagoon is actually an old quarry with a tidal channel to the sea. The quarry forms a satisfying circle, protecting and enclosing a disc of shimmering azure water. It's a romantic spot reached by walking passed ruined slate workers' cottages and quarry buildings. Surrounded by cliffs, it's popular with cliff jumpers and coasteerers.

9. Sinclair's Bay, Caithness
This all but deserted beach just south of John O'Groats has soft white sand that's lapped by waters tinged an otherworldly blue. It's hard to find a more atmospheric beach. This one's guarded by two 16 th -century castles and welcomes porpoises and whales. With 4 miles of uninterrupted sand you won't have any problems bagging a good spot.

10. Porthcurno, Cornwall
This glorious, unspoilt beach hugged by craggy cliffs has fine white sand made from sea shells. There are cliff-top paths, rock pools to discover and a stream trickling down the beach – ideal for paddling children. Nearby, the extraordinary Minnack Theatre hosts open-air plays with views of the ocean.

Mrs.JMajor
5th July 2009, 13:20
Wow Penny:appl: :action-smiley-081:

pennybarry
5th July 2009, 13:35
Wow Penny:appl: :action-smiley-081:

:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp::UpYurs::Yippeee:

:Britain::Britain::Britain::Britain:

That's British beaches ! Lovely but never try to swim:D I tried it but sadly I can't get on with cold water:Brick:

Sophie
5th July 2009, 13:37
Top 10 British beaches

1. Bournemouth, Dorset
Bournemouth benefits from 7 miles of pure gold. One of the best city beaches in the UK , its soft sand and acres of space are perfect for families. It's won awards for cleanliness and on a clear day you can see out to the Needles on the Isle of Wight . True, it's not a deserted paradise, but you can't ask for much more so close to a major town. And with the building of Europe's first artificial surf reef, the beach is set to become one of the UK 's premier surfing spots.

been on this one, and yeah, it was a very nice beach indeed, clean and the sand is so fine and white :xxgrinning--00xx3:
just a bit crowded though as it is in the town area, but over all, it was great :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
5th July 2009, 13:41
Oh wow and number one in the list the Doorset beach ha,

Sophie
5th July 2009, 14:37
yeah lol, and it's only 40 minutes away from our place....:BouncyHappy:
but we also have another one nearby, only 15 minutes away, its the sandbanks here in poole, very nice too :xxgrinning--00xx3: