PDA

View Full Version : Police Dog found dead!

Mrs Daddy
2nd July 2009, 20:21
2 Police dog found dead :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: it take some time to train one and me myself being an animal lover I feel sorry for them:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8129826.stm

maria_and_matt
2nd July 2009, 20:55
stupid handler!:cwm23:

Mrs.JMajor
2nd July 2009, 21:37
Both people post above, animal lover, Maria took her dog as kid of her own eh,

KeithD
2nd July 2009, 22:02
The Police showing us what NOT to do! :doh

bornatbirth
2nd July 2009, 22:08
the thing is that the police officer in charge of the dogs wont face any charges like a member of the public!

i cant image he did it purpose,i wonder what he was thinking and why he didnt have the doors on the back of the car open?

KeithD
3rd July 2009, 08:31
i cant image he did it purpose,i wonder what he was thinking....
Coffee and doughnuts are more important! :Erm:

nigel
3rd July 2009, 13:47
Some of these coppers are just MEATHEADS!:cwm23::cwm23::cwm23:

johncar54
3rd July 2009, 15:47
the thing is that the police officer in charge of the dogs wont face any charges like a member of the public!

I cant image he did it purpose, I wonder what he was thinking and why he didn’t have the doors on the back of the car open?

If the person concerned has committed an offence, just like anyone else (in most cases more so, as the police are frightened they will appear to show favourable treatment to an officer) he/she will be prosecuted.

Although, as I know officers treat their dogs as part of the family and are often over protective, I suspect this will prove to be an awful accident brought about by a number of misunderstandings. There is no chance that an officer deliberately left his dogs in danger.

We will just have to wait for the facts to be disclosed.

PS I am not an animal lover.

Mrs Daddy
3rd July 2009, 17:27
They should know how it feels like to be in the car with no windows open and its 30 degress outside you`ll be boiling for sure.And now Police envistigates their own kind!:doh:doh:doh

johncar54
3rd July 2009, 17:42
They should know how it feels like to be in the car with no windows open and its 30 degress outside you`ll be boiling for sure.And now Police investigates their own kind!:doh:doh:doh

QUOTE: The officer who has not been suspended is at home on leave for now but the police force confirmed that he could face prosecution which carries a maximum term of six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

“I think there will be some retribution for this at some point in the future, but I know the team will be mortified. It’s a very close-knit team. It’s tragic when you consider we have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on kennels. Unfortunately tragedies do happen,” said Councilor John Clarke, chairman of Nottinghamshire Police Authority. END

The RSPCA are the ones investigating and the Independent Police Complaints Board are also involved.

For anyone to suggest the police will cover this up must be unaware of reality.

When a prosecution is considered in any case the prosecuting authority require a high degree of probability that a prosecution will result in a conviction or they do not prosecute. When a police officer is suspected of committing an offence the weight of evidence required before prosecuting is usually considerably less. Also, when a police officer is convicted of a criminal offence (including being over the top on a alcohol test) he will not only normally receive a higher sentence than average but lose his job and possibly his pension to which he has contributed. There is some argument that police are unfairly treated, in that the system is more harsh.

maria_and_matt
3rd July 2009, 19:52
maybe the handler should be left in the car in the heat see if he likes it! so stupid... :cwm23::cwm23:

joebloggs
3rd July 2009, 23:34
he will not only normally receive a higher sentence than average but lose his job and possibly his pension to which he has contributed. There is some argument that police are unfairly treated, in that the system is more harsh.

i think i remember you saying you was an ex cop john ?

i don't think they are treated unfairly most of the time, they know the law and the consequences of breaking the law, and no one should be above the law, especially those you enforce it.

KeithD
4th July 2009, 08:41
I get sick of constantly seeing the police get away with speeding....:action-smiley-081:

Never heard of a policeman losing his job due to collecting so many speeding points while on the job. :NoNo:.....and yet the amount of time they overtake me when I'm doing 75 (which is actually 70 in this country as your speedo is set around 10% out...as it is in Spain as well).

Mind you, now and again they do pay the price. While in Vegas the other week a copper was doing about 100mph on call, but broke the law by failing to put his lights and sirens on, so when going through a red light he hit a van and killed himself. :doh He had a massive state funeral when they all thought it was the van driver on a DUI whose fault it was, only later did they find the driver was sober, and the cop had cocked up.

johncar54
4th July 2009, 08:59
I get sick of constantly seeing the police get away with speeding

Never heard of a policeman losing his job due to collecting so many speeding points while on the job. :NoNo:.....and yet the amount of time they overtake me when I'm doing 75 (which is actually 70 in this country as your speedo is set around 10% out...as it is in Spain as well).

Well again that's a case of seeing from the outside rather than the other side. I have known personally know some officers and have known of others who have been removed from driving duties in minor cases (where you might have been given a verbal warning or cautioned) and in more serious cases have lost their jobs. I agree they are unlikely to lose their jobs by collecting to many points: as by that time they would no longer be police officers.

As for driving faster than you. Class 1 police drivers are highly trained with frequent fresher courses, and believe they are very good drivers. The accident rate amongst them is something like 1 per 100,000 miles. The Ordinary cops have more accidents as they have similar abilities and training just you and me.

PS Speedometers are not SET to be 10% inaccurate, that is, or was (may be it has been changed since my time) allowed by most officers as a permitted margin of error. The error could mean that when you are showing 70 you are doing 77 or 63. If you are showing 75 that could mean 84mph. I think it's less expensive to stick to 70 on your speedo , but from my driving experience I tend to drive about 15% under the set limit when the conditions are really good and well under at other times. I also keep to the nearside except when overtaking, unlike many 'faster' drivers.

PPS I can't say what cops do in other countries but I know in most countries, just like UK, people just love to find fault with them except when they need help and then it's usually the police they turn to, but that's life.

johncar54
4th July 2009, 09:17
i think i remember you saying you was an ex cop john ?

i don't think they are treated unfairly most of the time, they know the law and the consequences of breaking the law, and no one should be above the law, especially those you enforce it.

Hi Joe, yes I was a cop and now, for the past 15 years I have been a volunteer interpreter assisting people who need police help (occasionally when they don't too, but need help anyway because they have been arrested). Several of those whom I have recruited to help in the same way are former officers from the UK. WE do not get anything for our work, not even expenses or a free cuppa. WE just do it to help those who need it. So maybe we are not all B++++ds

I have never and would never say anyone should be treated any favorably before the law, but that does apply to everyone. Certain professions should be looked at differently, police, teachers etc, although some of those, Lawyers, medical profession MPs etc are self policing, unlike the police who are investigated by the Independent Police Authority, which may have resulted in more equal treatment for some officer than previous when the police were self policing. Just a view.

KeithD
4th July 2009, 09:27
Well again that's a case of seeing from the outside rather than the other side.
:Erm: I see it from both sides, I know a number of those in our emergency services. I even know a prison officer who punched the Governer in the face and kept his job because they are short staffed! :doh

KeithD
4th July 2009, 09:29
PS Speedometers are not SET to be 10% inaccurate, that is, or was (may be it has been changed since my time) allowed by most officers as a permitted margin of error. The error could mean that when you are showing 70 you are doing 77 or 63. If you are showing 75 that could mean 84mph. I think it's less expensive to stick to 70 on your speedo ,.
UK speedo's by law have to be set with an error rate of 5% +/- 10kph

My speedo error is confirmed by radar and GPS. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

However, I only use the 'correction' on high speed roads.

Mrs Daddy
4th July 2009, 09:39
maybe the handler should be left in the car in the heat see if he likes it! so stupid... :cwm23::cwm23:

absolutely!I mean If you parked your car under the sun and go shopping after a while when you`ve come back when you open the car you could feel the unmeasureable heat.How much more what those dogs felt it must be felt like they were in the oven:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

johncar54
4th July 2009, 09:40
:Erm: I see it from both sides, I know a number of those in our emergency services. I even know a prison officer who punched the Governer in the face and kept his job because they are short staffed! :doh

sorry Kieth I thought we were having a good matured exchange of views.

Quote UK speedo's by law have to be set with an error rate of 5% +/- 10kph

OK I agree in principle but would prefer the wording to more like speed MUST be accurate to within 10%

If you would like to be more precise. Wikipedia:----

Most speedometers have tolerances of some 10% plus or minus due to wear on tires as it occurs. Additional sources of error are tire diameter variations due to temperature, pressure, vehicle load, and nominal tire size.

Modern speedometers are said to be accurate within 10% but as this is legislated accuracy, this may not be entirely correct. This can make it difficult to accurately stay on the speed limits imposed; most countries allow for this known variance when using RADAR to measure speed, although levels of some 3 km/h or 3% are also used in areas of tough enforcement. This causes many arguments due to motorists complaining that they were not doing the speed as reported. Revenue[3] is being increasingly blamed for these stricter measures. There are strict United Nations standards in place but it seems not being enforced leaving this matter in limbo for many countries. Excessive speedometer error after manufacture can come from several causes but most commonly is due to nonstandard tire diameter, in which case the

percent error = 100x("standard diameter"/"new diameter" - 1).

Nearly all tires now have their size shown as "T/A_W" on the side of the tire (See: Tire code), and the tire's

diameter in inches = TxA/1270 + W.

For example, a standard tire is "185/70R14" with diameter = 185x70/1270 + 14 = 24.20 in. Another is "195/50R15" with 195x50/1270 + 15 = 22.68 in. Replacing the first tire (and wheels) with the second (on 15" wheels), a speedometer reads 24.19/22.68 = 1.0670 times the correct speed or 6.7% too high.

Mrs Daddy
4th July 2009, 09:48
QUOTE: The officer who has not been suspended is at home on leave for now but the police force confirmed that he could face prosecution which carries a maximum term of six months in prison and a £20,000 fine.

“I think there will be some retribution for this at some point in the future, but I know the team will be mortified. It’s a very close-knit team. It’s tragic when you consider we have spent hundreds of thousands of pounds on kennels. Unfortunately tragedies do happen,” said Councilor John Clarke, chairman of Nottinghamshire Police Authority. END

The RSPCA are the ones investigating and the Independent Police Complaints Board are also involved.

For anyone to suggest the police will cover this up must be unaware of reality.

When a prosecution is considered in any case the prosecuting authority require a high degree of probability that a prosecution will result in a conviction or they do not prosecute. When a police officer is suspected of committing an offence the weight of evidence required before prosecuting is usually considerably less. Also, when a police officer is convicted of a criminal offence (including being over the top on a alcohol test) he will not only normally receive a higher sentence than average but lose his job and possibly his pension to which he has contributed. There is some argument that police are unfairly treated, in that the system is more harsh.

oh! to be honest I feel sorry for the person in charge if however if it was an honest mistake,well,its a lesson learned for us and I supposed he could be given a warning coz he`d not intentionally did it on purposed. I mean evrybody made a mistake and unfortunately for him he suffered this terrible one.I wish it will not reach to a point that he will not only normally receive a higher sentence than average but lose his job and possibly his pension to which he has contributed. and so sad if its true that police are unfairly treated, in that the system is more harsh.

Mrs Daddy
4th July 2009, 09:49

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

KeithD
4th July 2009, 11:35
sorry Kieth I thought we were having a good matured exchange of views.
We are....what I said was FACT. :doh

I know how the physics of a speedo work, Wiki is generic, and not always accurate, especially to specific country laws.

Police RADAR is calabrated to that of what GPS shows, as I believe an atomic clock is quite accurate :rolleyes: (unless you're a creationist :icon_lol:). My Speedo says 75mph....I pass a speed check sign (same technology as RADAR)....it says 70mph...my GPS says 70mph....so I know what is accurate for my vehicle. Each car is different though, so folk need to check individually.