PDA

View Full Version : trying to get my sons passport photos done!

bert72
3rd July 2009, 00:03
hi everybody,im trying to sort out my sons british passport! i
i went to the postoffice today to get the form for him!he is nine months old today!the lady at the post office said i will need the mother and babies original birth certificate,thats not a problem.the difficult bit is,how do you take passport photos of a nine month old,without him smiling or moving around? can i get a photographer in the philippines to take the photos while he is sleeping on a white sheet or something? i assume people on here have had to do it for their children! any advice to put my mind at rest?

empott
3rd July 2009, 04:13
Go to a photo shop which specializes on passport pics. They know what to do. They make the baby lie down on the floor with a white or grayish background while the baby is awake. I watched this on TV before.

rusty
3rd July 2009, 12:33
I agree that its best to go to a photo shop.

We had ours done when Isaac was about 5 months old. My wife was crouching behind him holding him in a seated postion.

I'm sure you are aware that British photo is to be on WHITE background, not the blue like in the Philippines.

LadyJ
3rd July 2009, 12:38
Go to your local stores ie. Lloyds pharmacy mostly they have their own camera man and they'll tell you what to do this is the best way than going to the ie. tesco photo machine and do it yourself.

Ann07
3rd July 2009, 13:30
hi everybody,im trying to sort out my sons british passport! i
i went to the postoffice today to get the form for him!he is nine months old today!the lady at the post office said i will need the mother and babies original birth certificate,thats not a problem.the difficult bit is,how do you take passport photos of a nine month old,without him smiling or moving around? can i get a photographer in the philippines to take the photos while he is sleeping on a white sheet or something? i assume people on here have had to do it for their children! any advice to put my mind at rest?

Done that as well applied both for british( uses white bacground) and phil passport( royal blue or dark blue) when our wee boy was less than a year. Took him to the studio who had a professional photographer for passport etc... And they just let him lying in the big cushion with the background sheets on it.

goodluck:)

bert72
3rd July 2009, 16:41
Done that as well applied both for british( uses white bacground) and phil passport( royal blue or dark blue) when our wee boy was less than a year. Took him to the studio who had a professional photographer for passport etc... And they just let him lying in the big cushion with the background sheets on it.

goodluck:)

thankyou,but it will be my girlfriend who will have to get the photos done, in the philipines,do they do that service over there? if so how much,just so i can send the extra money over to her next month! thankyou for the advice,a relieved father!:BouncyHappy:oops i already said it was happening in the philipines.sorry i do need glasses!lol

joebloggs
3rd July 2009, 23:10
i went to the postoffice today to get the form for him!he is nine months old today!the lady at the post office said i will need the mother and babies original birth certificate,

:Erm: i don't think you can apply for a british passport from the uk, you need to apply for it at the british embassy in the phils, if you got the form from the post office, it should say its for british applicants in the uk.

bert72
4th July 2009, 18:20
:Erm: i don't think you can apply for a british passport from the uk, you need to apply for it at the british embassy in the phils, if you got the form from the post office, it should say its for british applicants in the uk.

oh the lady at the post office may be wrong then!she told me to get the original birth certificate of my girlfriend and son sent over from the philipines,bring them to her with my passport she will help me fill out the application form!then i send it to my girlfriend in the philipines for her to take to her doctor to sign the passport photos and fill in part 10 i belive!then my girlfriend sends the application form back to me,the lady at the post office will check the form is filled out correctly!then i send off the application!as i am in england! is this right joebloggs,your gettin me worried mate

bert72
4th July 2009, 18:40
joe can you read my last reply to you,as its to late for me to go to the postoffice today, the next available day ive got off, is next saturday,and im speaking to my girlfriend tomorrow to let her know what she has to do!thankyou!

joebloggs
4th July 2009, 20:20
oh the lady at the post office may be wrong then!she told me to get the original birth certificate of my girlfriend and son sent over from the philipines,bring them to her with my passport she will help me fill out the application form!then i send it to my girlfriend in the philipines for her to take to her doctor to sign the passport photos and fill in part 10 i belive!then my girlfriend sends the application form back to me,the lady at the post office will check the form is filled out correctly!then i send off the application!as i am in england! is this right joebloggs,your gettin me worried mate

i think the lady at the post office is wrong, as i'm sure as i have said before if you got the form from a post office,Iam certain that it can only be used for people already in the uk, also because i think the form you have, the person who signs the back of the picture has to be british.

get your g/f to read all the form, i'm sure it will say its for people who are already in the uk, but without knowing which form you have, i'm only guessing thou :D

phone this number Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000 and they will know :rolleyes:

rusty
5th July 2009, 09:48
http://ukinthephilippines.fco.gov.uk/en/passports/

This link gives you all the information you need to apply for a passport from the Philippines, including the application form you need to download.