PDA

View Full Version : Just found out today ....

Tiggers0608
9th July 2009, 17:19
:Erm::Erm::Erm:

Just found out today ......... how come the guy at the watch repair shop told me that UK (britian) they don't fix TIMEX watch here??? :Erm:

I'm just wondering why :Erm:

And warning also to those who have timex watch and wanted to buy a timex watch and going here in UK :doh Guys they said they don't fix timex watch here , so think twice before buying it :icon_lol::D

unless you always go to the phils so u can get it fix there.

:doh now i have to send it back to the phils to get the watch fix :NoNo::NoNo::NoNo:

:Erm: or maybe when we bought it its already broken :icon_lol::icon_lol:

KeithD
9th July 2009, 17:24
They get repaired under warranty in the UK. I know, as I sell the dumb things (not as reliable as Casio's). It takes 2-3 weeks.

IainBusby
9th July 2009, 17:24
That guy is taking rubbish. Timex watches have been around in the UK for a very long time, I'm sure that if you shop around you'll find a place that repairs them.
Iain.

Tiggers0608
9th July 2009, 17:29
They get repaired under warranty in the UK. I know, as I sell the dumb things (not as reliable as Casio's). It takes 2-3 weeks.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks boss keith , wow ur selling watches, we should have just buy them from you :icon_lol::D

Jay&Zobel
9th July 2009, 17:29
My Timex was bought in Argos but after few months of using, it stopped working... sent it to PI and have it repaired, i think for P50.00 only then after a month it's broken again!!... hmmm... must be the brand?

Tiggers0608
9th July 2009, 17:31
That guy is taking rubbish. Timex watches have been around in the UK for a very long time, I'm sure that if you shop around you'll find a place that repairs them.
Iain.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Thanks Ian, ur right maybe i'll try other shops here :xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th July 2009, 17:39
I replace Timex-Casio watches at a rate of at least 10:1

Jay&Zobel
9th July 2009, 18:04
I replace Timex-Casio watches at a rate of at least 10:1

Makes sense... Say no to TIMEX then hehe:NoNo::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Casio is so reliable I must say:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
9th July 2009, 18:41
Makes sense... Say no to TIMEX then hehe:NoNo::xxgrinning--00xx3::D

Casio is so reliable I must say:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Philippines 0 - China 1 :D

Florge
10th July 2009, 07:58
Oh no!!!! I gave my bf Timex for his birthday! and it was the special edition watches!!!! NOOOOOOO....

Oh.. they have a shop in London.. that's what the warranty card said... better tell the bf to put it back in the case and just look at it and not wear it... hehehehe...

aromulus
10th July 2009, 08:45
I have now had my Timex Indiglo for over 15 months and I am happy to report that it works perfectly.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

My Bulova is relegated in the bedside table drawer...:NoNo:

KeithD
10th July 2009, 08:48
Some Indiglo's are fine, but don't go any where near the high tech ones like Compass :omg:

Alec&Davina
10th July 2009, 09:25
I have a timex watch before and since it keeps on stopping I send it to the Philippines and now my mom is using it, I have a tissot watch here and so far its ok.

maria_and_matt
10th July 2009, 10:15
I have a timex watch before and since it keeps on stopping I send it to the Philippines and now my mom is using it, I have a tissot watch here and so far its ok.

had my tissot back twice now as it is gaining time, the shop assistant told me if it happens again to bring it back and i can exchange it for another watch, i am leaning towards a tag... hubby just went hmmmppp:icon_lol:

Arthur Little
10th July 2009, 13:34

Just found out today ......... how come the guy at the watch repair shop told me that UK (britian) they don't fix TIMEX watch here??? :Erm:

Eh ...?

Since you're in Scotland, you may have heard that, for many years, Timex had a large factory unit located on the Kingsway West Industrial Estate, Dundee. And once upon a time [circa 1960s] it was one of the city's biggest employers although, I believe, it's long-since closed.

But - rather than wait until you next re-visit the Phils :lol2: - how about contacting the undernoted address: ...

Timex Group UK,
PO Box 2232,
Mitcham,
Surrey
CR4 3ZX

Telephone: 01208 687 9620

Or, alternatively, try emailing them at www.http//csd@timex.com

Just a suggestion! :rolleyes: Pity Tawi2 hasn't been online recently ... otherwise he could very possibly have helped you, as he lives somewhere in Surrey.

Alec&Davina
10th July 2009, 13:41
had my tissot back twice now as it is gaining time, the shop assistant told me if it happens again to bring it back and i can exchange it for another watch, i am leaning towards a tag... hubby just went hmmmppp:icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh

jimeve
10th July 2009, 14:34
:icon_lol::icon_lol::doh

bought a tag heur watch in phills 8 years ago from a man in the street in Manila,

750 pesos, still working. Genuine of course.:rolleyes:

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 19:23
What time is it?:Erm:

KeithD
10th July 2009, 19:29
What time is it?:Erm:
Which country are you in? :Erm:

Sophie
10th July 2009, 19:30
bought a tag heur watch in phills 8 years ago from a man in the street in Manila,

750 pesos, still working. Genuine of course.:rolleyes:

wow, that's sooooooooo cheap for a tag heur brand, lol.....
i bet that was snatched from someone else on the street, most likely from a foreigner :D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol:

joebloggs
10th July 2009, 20:57

i only buy seiko watches, my first and last one, is still working fine after 20yrs, wear it everyday.. 'some day all watches will be made this way' :xxgrinning--00xx3:

bornatbirth
10th July 2009, 22:39
i never leave the house without my grandfather clock? :Erm:

im always late as its so heavy to carry around! :D

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 22:47
England I think, if that still exists. Europe somewhere at least.
Last time I wore a watch, my fiancee wasn't born - LOL

I still have one somewhere. Now if only I could find time to look for it :p

joebloggs
10th July 2009, 22:53
I still have one somewhere. Now if only I could find time to look for it :p

it must be tricky to try and keep a hourglass on your wrist :doh

:xxparty-smiley-004:

:D

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 23:00
it must be tricky to try and keep a hourglass on your wrist :doh
:xxparty-smiley-004:
:D

It DOES have a habit of falling off, but having to turn to the South every time I check it means I never get sunburn on my back :Cuckoo:

KeithD
11th July 2009, 09:07
my first and last one, is still working fine after 20yrs, wear it everyday..
Tight :action-smiley-081: :D