PDA

View Full Version : Visa form VAF4A - Q8.6.7?

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 21:38
Do you intend to work in the UK?

Whats the correct answer to this? I know the answer's no for the fiancee Visa until FLR is received, so do we answer
Yes - after we are married and FLR has been successfully applied for.
or
NO - Not until we are married and FLR has been successfully applied for.

Any thoughts?

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2009, 22:00
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14509

Iain answer is definitely the best one, good luck

Yes, when I am legally entitled to do so.......

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 22:07
Wonderful - thanks Mrs J. I did a search but missed that one.

estherboaz
10th July 2009, 22:09
http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=14509

Iain answer is definitely the best one, good luck

Yes, when I am legally entitled to do so.......

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs.JMajor
10th July 2009, 22:10
Wonderful - thanks Mrs J. I did a search but missed that one.

Your welcome, :xxgrinning--00xx3: Good luck :Hellooo: as you know I am addict in the forum :icon_lol: but I got limited time from now on, so I will do my best to check b4 I go bed so I can help the people who need advice with regards of visa :cwm38:

aug06_2006
10th July 2009, 22:16
Do you intend to work in the UK?

Whats the correct answer to this? I know the answer's no for the fiancee Visa until FLR is received, so do we answer
Yes - after we are married and FLR has been successfully applied for.
or
NO - Not until we are married and FLR has been successfully applied for.

Any thoughts?

I answered it Yes.

joebloggs
10th July 2009, 22:26
Do you intend to work the UK?

Over the years, this question on the VAF4 form has been regarded as suspect by fiances because fiances are not allowed to work, and the natural reaction is to treat this as a "trick question". To be fair, however, the VAF4 form is designed to accommodate a large variety of applicants and many of these are entitled to work from the moment they arrive in the UK. More to the point, this information is valuable in assessing a couple's financial viability, and this is why the question appears on the form.

If you have a skill, or if you plan to work after you are married, you can indicate this by checking the "YES" box and including a statement like "...Once my immigration status permits work, I will seek employment as a hairdresser (etc)..." and provide a summary of your experience and credentials.

MarBell379
10th July 2009, 22:31
Thanks to all. Much appreciated :)

Arthur Little
11th July 2009, 01:06
As I recall, my wife's answer was:

"Yes, I would very much like to resume my teaching career in the UK - subject to my *visa being granted."

*It WAS! [And fairly quickly]. But in the event, her degree evidently did not match the standard required for registration with The General Teaching Council For Scotland :doh ... even though it had been sufficient to satisfy the British High Commission in Manila.

MarBell379
11th July 2009, 05:18
Sorr to hear that arthur. Hope she can retrain here.
My fiancee has no established career, but is hoping to gain more qualifications once here and eventually work with children.