PDA

View Full Version : Help plssssssss!

gracia143
11th July 2009, 12:56
Hey guys! I'm trying to decipher the meaning of these words (Quid pro quo gracy !) Is this Latin or Greek or Spanish :Erm:?

Anyone out there who is kind enough to help me? Brain is a bit slow today, I just need to know what this phrase means.

Thanks!

KeithD
11th July 2009, 13:02
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo

maria_and_matt
11th July 2009, 13:02
Hey guys! I'm trying to decipher the meaning of these words (Quid pro quo gracy !) Is this Latin or Greek or Spanish :Erm:?

Anyone out there who is kind enough to help me? Brain is a bit slow today, I just need to know what this phrase means.

Thanks!

its latin... meaning something for something or give and take or tis for tat or this for that or you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.

Bluebirdjones
11th July 2009, 13:03
is A Latin phrase meaning "something for something".
This term is typically used in financial circles to describe
a mutual agreement between two parties in which each
party provides a good or service in return for a good or service

Gracy .... mmm ?

gracia143
11th July 2009, 13:05
its latin... meaning something for something or give and take or tis for tat or this for that or you scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.

That was quick. Thanks Maria or is it Matt? :doh Should have listened intently to my lecturer whilst doing Business Law last semester. Phew! I asked because I've read something interesting on my inbox when I opened it. Now I know. Thanks again:D

gracia143
11th July 2009, 13:06
Thanks Bluebird, Gracy is me:icon_lol: sorry I just copied and pasted.

gracia143
11th July 2009, 13:07
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo

Argghhh:doh Thanks Boss!

Arthur Little
11th July 2009, 17:11

is A Latin phrase meaning "something for something".
This term is typically used in financial circles to describe
a mutual agreement between two parties in which each
party provides a good or service in return for a good or service

Gracy .... mmm ?

:Erm: Reckon they've earned their "quid" [£1] each for coming up with the correct answer in double-quick time ... !! :lol2: Only [qu]idding! :joke:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 10:12
Quid pro quo?Isnt that what Dr Lecter said to Agent Starling? :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 10:20
Quid pro quo?Isnt that what Dr Lecter said to Agent Starling? :Erm:

Hey! You're back. I'll give you something...do you know any Cañete's from my hometown? :D:D:D

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 10:33
Your home town Gracy?Ummmm,I am quite old,my mind is deteriorating rapidly,were you from Tagbilaran?Mambajao:Erm: The only canetes I ever remember from pinas lived in the apartment of estrera I think :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 10:35
Your home town Gracy?Ummmm,I am quite old,my mind is deteriorating rapidly,were you from Tagbilaran?Mambajao:Erm: The only canetes I ever remember from pinas lived in the apartment of estrera I think :Erm:

:omg:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 10:36
Del...are you Aunt Delia Cañete by any chance???

Alan
12th July 2009, 10:36
Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo,
So little time, so much to know!

Al.:)

gracia143
12th July 2009, 10:38
Ad hoc, ad loc and quid pro quo,
So little time, so much to know!

Hi Al! Tawi's really scared me. Is he God??? He knows everything.

Alan
12th July 2009, 10:40
Hi Al! Tawi's really scared me. Is he God??? He knows everything.

Ah! But Grace, does he know the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 10:44
I do indeed alan,I was a member of the RSPB and a one time twitcher,always had an interest in ornithology :xxgrinning--00xx3: Gracy,I am a guy :xxgrinning--00xx3: Delia Canete,where have I heard that name before :Erm:Was it when I was chatting to Marichu Pabilona :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 10:46

Oh, Al...if he does I'll :xxparty-smiley-004:

Alan
12th July 2009, 10:48
I do indeed alan,I was a member of the RSPB and a one time twitcher,always had an interest in ornithology :xxgrinning--00xx3: Gracy,I am a guy :xxgrinning--00xx3: Delia Canete,where have I heard that name before :Erm:Was it when I was chatting to Marichu Pabilona :Erm:

:xxgrinning--00xx3: Glad to know you!

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 10:51
Al if your a birder try and visit olango bird sanctuary,I went last year,loads of migratory birds,and I remember the guide telling me four japanese guys had just been caught shooting a sex movie there :icon_lol:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:03
Marichu Pabilona :Erm:

Is she coming to the UK soon?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:07
I shouldnt think so,she died of a heart attack leaving her husband Fred a widower :NoNo:Do you know marybeth Gayonggala :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:09
I shouldnt think so,she died of a heart attack leaving her husband Fred a widower :NoNo:Do you know marybeth Gayonggala :Erm:

Ohhh! I didn't know she's gone sorryyy.

Of course I know her! She's my childhood friend!!!

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:10
I know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:12
I know :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:omg::omg::omg:

Tawiiiiii I'm getting goose bumps now.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:13
:Erm: Marisol Namoc :Erm: Happy De La Cruz(now living in australia) :Erm:And her mum Nang Celia who has just been to australia looking after Happy's daughter while Happy is working in the hospital :Erm:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:18
My memories going,Happy was just a Cruz,not one of the "De La" Cruz(they live in Bacolod I think). :)

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:22
:Erm: Marisol Namoc :Erm: Happy De La Cruz(now living in australia) :Erm:And her mum Nang Celia who has just been to australia looking after Happy's daughter while Happy is working in the hospital :Erm:

Aunt Celia used to be a close friend of my mother, they both worked in Dole before. Her husband is very famous in town as he's the one circumcising all the boys there.

I remember all those Xmas caroling when we were younger, I can't believe it's that so long ago. Marisol was a quiet girl and was only allowed to play with us for a certain number of hours (she's an only child). Marife or Maribeth is she still in Germany? I wonder what happened to Vicky Corporal?

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:24
My memories going,Happy was just a Cruz,not one of the "De La" Cruz(they live in Bacolod I think). :)

The De La Cruz apartment is a part of my childhood too. And yes, Happy is Cruz not De la Cruz.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:29
Yeah,sorry Gracy,I mixed the Cruz up with the Dela Cruz,I am getting old and my mind isnt as sharp as it used to be :bigcry:Nong eddie , siya ang taga tuli sa mga lalaki :icon_lol:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:35
The christmas carolling,going around the houses in Dulay Subdivision?Pooling all the money for the kids party at the house of Ma'am Gayonggala who would cook puto,Bihon,and apritada :icon_lol: Happy days :icon_lol: You got one peso from each house right? The party was on the evening of December 24 or December 31 :xxgrinning--00xx3: Do you remember the statue dance contest?

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:35
Yeah,sorry Gracy,I mixed the Cruz up with the Dela Cruz,I am getting old and my mind isnt as sharp as it used to be :bigcry:Nong eddie , siya ang taga tuli sa mga lalaki :icon_lol:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Exactly. My brothers, cousins and all the boys in the neighborhood he's done it for them.:BouncyHappy:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:37
The christmas carolling,going around the houses in Dulay Subdivision?Pooling all the money for the kids party at the house of Ma'am Gayonggala who would cook puto,Bihon,and apritada :icon_lol: Happy days :icon_lol: You got one peso from each house right? The party was on the evening of December 24 or December 31 :xxgrinning--00xx3: Do you remember the statue dance contest?

Is this Marife talking to me now? Pls tell me Tawwwiiiiii

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:39
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: Exactly. My brothers, cousins and all the boys in the neighborhood he's done it for them.:BouncyHappy:

He used to charge 10 pesos,or "Donations" :icon_lol:he did it in the house remember :icon_lol:He was an inspector in the health center near terminal.

Alan
12th July 2009, 11:40
and I remember the guide telling me four japanese guys had just been caught shooting a sex movie there :icon_lol:

Ah! No doubt filming birds!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:42
Is this Marife talking to me now? Pls tell me Tawwwiiiiii

:icon_lol: Kinsa diay ni :icon_lol:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:43
Ah! No doubt filming birds!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Probably were Al,I dont know what happened to them after they were arrested :Erm: Beautiful place however and easily reached from the city :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:49
:icon_lol: Kinsa diay ni :icon_lol:

Gegee! Ikaw na Ping?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:52
Ping was marife Gayonggalas nickname in the neighbourhood :icon_lol:kinsa diay ni ba?

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:53
Ping was marife Gayonggalas nickname in the neighbourhood :icon_lol:kinsa diay ni ba?

Grace! Gegee'!

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 11:56
kalimot nako ba...grace:Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 11:59
kalimot nako ba...grace:Erm:

Wala tingali ka kaila nako oi!

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:01
I'll do my report and will be back ASAP. I'm not done yet, need to know who you are:Erm::bigcry:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:07
Well,if I was to hazard a guess I would have to say one of the Durans:Erm:The three Gayonggalas were maribeth, marife, felibeth right?

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:09
Well,if I was to hazard a guess I would have to say one of the Durans:Erm:The three Gayonggalas were maribeth, marife, felibeth right?

Unfortunately, no. Not Duran. Not Girlie. My brothers and the Duran boys are all mates.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:10
Who I am?I am an english guy,thats me picking corn on a farm in my avatar,the farms in aquino gate,passing through silway 8:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sconnie
12th July 2009, 12:11

African or European ??

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:13
Do you know Cheryl Guillero has Hair'R'Us,the beauty parlour I get my hair cut at,its near Fuji photo house?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:14
African or European ??

Both the same,its migratory.

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:19
Do you know Cheryl Guillero has Hair'R'Us,the beauty parlour I get my hair cut at,its near Fuji photo house?

I know Cheryl, I think one of my brothers and herself were classmates in the primary school.

Aquino Gate, you're quite close now.:D

But I think the picture is just the old Sheller (siliran) sa may Highway in Dulay?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:24
Hulika :icon_lol: Your A friend of Bing Bing(liza jane) Jorque right :icon_lol:the corn mill of demetillo's?They are not into business now, i think the areas is being used as packing area for asparagus :Erm:

Sconnie
12th July 2009, 12:24
Both the same,its migratory.

Speed and velocity same thing :)

MPFC

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:25
Hulika :icon_lol: Your A friend of Bing Bing(liza jane) Jorque right :icon_lol:the corn mill of demetillo's?They are not into business now, i think the areas is being used as packing area for asparagus :Erm:

Si Bing2 naa somewhere in Ireland??? She just sent me an email on friendster kay mag meet daw mi. Haha! Kinsa man ko bi???

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:26
speed and velocity same thing :)

mpfc

You're right.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:26
Speed and velocity same thing :)

MPFC

Yup,I know,but theres 47 of the worlds swallow species in africa,we are talking of the migratory one that flies from africa to europe,not of the south or west africam,nor the cave swallow or sub-species
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:30
Si Bing2 naa somewhere in Ireland??? She just sent me an email on friendster kay mag meet daw mi. Haha! Kinsa man ko bi???

She is in ireland,near letterkenny :xxgrinning--00xx3: Your going there to meet her sometime right :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:37
She is in ireland,near letterkenny :xxgrinning--00xx3: Your going there to meet her sometime right :Erm:

I've given you lots of hints now...pls tell me who's coming to the UK ( you said she is a friend, I mean my friend).

Oi! Nagmali-mali na ang report dinhi, hope the Boss will not fire me.:omg:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:45
ayaw kabalaka sa mga sayop sa report:icon_lol:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 12:51
ayaw kabalaka sa mga sayop sa report:icon_lol:

I'm at work Tawi and I don't like it, I wish I'm enjoying Sunday somewhere else...maybe Oxford Street kay daghang tawo or Westfield, nindot unta. But I did enjoy being 'online' here. And I'm intrigued why you know too much about my town and you've no clue as to who I am. Ah, dili man sad ko sikat kaau sa among town as I was sent away by my parents since I was 13. Boarding school kay sipat daw ko? Huh!!!:cwm34:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 12:56
Quid pro quo gracy,which boarding school?You were naughty?? :icon_lol:

Fitzy
12th July 2009, 12:58
quid pro quo?isnt that what dr lecter said to agent starling? :erm:

:d:d:d:d

gracia143
12th July 2009, 13:12
Quid pro quo gracy,which boarding school?You were naughty?? :icon_lol:

Somewhere on the hills of Mt. Matutum:D. I'll give you my salute if you know which one that is.:D

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 13:22
Theres actually only one boarding school at matutum :Erm:Its the one in Kalsangi,I have a good friend there,is it the Dole Philippines School?Grace Monserrat :Erm:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 13:24
Theres actually only one boarding school at matutum :Erm:Its the one in Kalsangi,I have a good friend there,is it the Dole Philippines School?Grace Monserrat :Erm:

Gotcha! There's one on the other side of the mountain run by the SDA's. I was sent there and am proud of that fact. Nopee, not Grace Monserat (I think I am much prettier than her hehe):rolleyes:.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 13:29
Mt Matutum View college?Going to tupi?Is it a seventh day adventist college?I didnt know it was a boarding school:Erm:and besides,I thought you were on about polomolok,if you had said Tupi I would have got it :icon_lol:

Florge
12th July 2009, 13:29
wow! Tawi... you've been around literally... hmmmm.. wanna trace people we both know in Davao? LOL

gracia143
12th July 2009, 13:31
Mt Matutum View college?Going to tupi?Is it a seventh day adventist college?I didnt know it was a boarding school:Erm:and besides,I thought you were on about polomolok,if you had said Tupi I would have got it :icon_lol:

I was sent away from home:icon_lol: and went to Mountain View College in Bukidnon later on.

Can you pls tell me now who is the firned?

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 13:34
Mountain view college in Bukidnon is also run by the SDA :xxgrinning--00xx3: I might know a few people you know in Davao florge,its normally my base :icon_lol:

Florge
12th July 2009, 13:43
Mountain view college in Bukidnon is also run by the SDA :xxgrinning--00xx3: I might know a few people you know in Davao florge,its normally my base :icon_lol:

hmmm... okay.. let's start with the mayor... LOL... maybe you have seem my dad on tv though or read about him in the local papers.. yaips! better be quiet.:doh

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 13:45
Do you remember the perez family?They lived in "The White House"(because it was painted white :icon_lol:)in Dulay?I have seen Duterte at Golds shooting before Florge :icon_lol:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 13:51
Do you remember the perez family?They lived in "The White House"(because it was painted white :icon_lol:)in Dulay?I have seen Duterte at Golds shooting before Florge :icon_lol:

Sir Perez yes and I also remember his motorbike, lots of noise:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 13:56
Remember Sulpico family,Boyd is a priest,their daughter sybil is a teacher,her married name is Tacoque,she is teaching in Polomolok elementary school,the sulpico's had twin boys remember?Do you know analee,sybils younger sister?

gracia143
12th July 2009, 14:13
Remember Sulpico family,Boyd is a priest,their daughter sybil is a teacher,her married name is Tacoque,she is teaching in Polomolok elementary school,the sulpico's had twin boys remember?Do you know analee,sybils younger sister?

The Sulpico's I know them but never gotten close to them as I find them too posh but my Uncle was really close to this family, he was once trying to become a priest and was one of Mrs. Sulpico's pet student (she's a teacher too) and Mr. Sulpico worked in Howard Hubbard Memorial Hospital.

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 14:17
The good old days :xxgrinning--00xx3:its good to reminisce :icon_lol:

gracia143
12th July 2009, 14:33
The good old days :xxgrinning--00xx3:its good to reminisce :icon_lol:

Yes, that was before things got complicated. Anyways, thanks for keeping me awake...I am off now, thank heavens. :Hellooo:

Tawi2
12th July 2009, 19:38
Life isnt complicated Gracy,people are complicated thats all :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
13th July 2009, 14:37
I should have realised when you hinted at Canete :icon_lol:

gracia143
13th July 2009, 20:05
I should have realised when you hinted at Canete :icon_lol:

Well:D! Can you tell me now who's coming to the UK soon?