PDA

View Full Version : Life In The UK For Wife & Son

Breo
11th July 2009, 18:12
Hi There Folks

I would like to ask a ?
My wife and son have been in the UK for almost 2 years now and there visa will come to an end in November. My wife is going to take the (Life In The UK) Exam Hopefully.

Our Problem is that our son is only 2 and a half years old and I'm not really sure what we need to do as I know he can't take any Exam ? will the Exam of my wife cover our son also or is there another prosess we need to know about?

Also how do we make a booking for the Exam do we need to email or phone thw Life In The UK Center?

We would be really greatfull for some advice on this matter.

Andy

ca143
11th July 2009, 18:36
your son no need to take an exam as he is dependant to your wife when she apply her ILR.
Just phone to your nearest Life In UK Test center to book her exam...as simple as that...goodluck to her:D

joebloggs
11th July 2009, 19:05
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Exemption because of your age
If you are aged under 18 or 65 and over, you do not need to meet the knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirement. When you apply, you should send your passport or birth certificate as evidence of your age.

Contact a test centre during opening hours by telephone or in person. The test centre will offer you a place in one of their test sessions within 1 to 4 weeks of your request. There is a minimum waiting period of 7 days between making your booking and being able to take the test.

aug06_2006
11th July 2009, 22:04
Hi There Folks

I would like to ask a ?
My wife and son have been in the UK for almost 2 years now and there visa will come to an end in November. My wife is going to take the (Life In The UK) Exam Hopefully.

Our Problem is that our son is only 2 and a half years old and I'm not really sure what we need to do as I know he can't take any Exam ? will the Exam of my wife cover our son also or is there another prosess we need to know about?

Also how do we make a booking for the Exam do we need to email or phone thw Life In The UK Center?

We would be really greatfull for some advice on this matter.

Andy

Hello Andy, adv.good luck for wennie's exam...

Breo
16th September 2009, 22:22
Hi guys

Thank you so much for the replies

sorry it's taken me ages to get back to you but thank you for the help
My wife took the Life in the UK test and passed. we are now applying for the leave to remain fingers crossed everything will be ok with that.

Once again thank you guys so muck for the info sorry for the late reply

:)

Breo

Arthur Little
17th September 2009, 00:34
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Exemption because of your age
If you are aged under 18 or *65 and over, you do not need to meet the knowledge of language and life in the United Kingdom requirement.

I will turn *65 in a few days, Joe ... but my wife is almost a decade and a half younger. Pity it hadn't been t'other way round, then she needn't have to through this 'Life in the UK' kerfuffle. Just my little :joke: ... having been a teacher back in the Phils, it surely won't bother her!

joebloggs
17th September 2009, 00:52
i feel like 65 :doh

well your wife shouldn't have a problem, my stepson and my misses only started to bother to read the book a couple of wks b4 the test date, just to wind me up :furious3:, they had to pass within a month becuase thier visa was expiring :bigcry:

but both passed first time :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Florge
17th September 2009, 12:40
so you mean, people do fail this test? hope it doesn't have calculus in it.. hehe

Arthur Little
17th September 2009, 13:49
so you mean, people do fail this test? hope it doesn't have calculus in it.. hehe

Well, I'd a glance through the SAMPLE multiple choice test paper that someone kindly posted on here recently and, to be honest, :cwm24: I would find myself struggling to answer some of the questions ... and I've lived in the UK all my life!

IainBusby
17th September 2009, 13:59
Well, I'd a glance through the SAMPLE multiple choice test paper that someone kindly posted on here recently and, to be honest, :cwm24: I would find myself struggling to answer some of the questions ... and I've lived in the UK all my life!

I don't know who it is that comes up with these questions but whoever it is they aint your mr, mrs or ms UK averarage. The average joe who was born and has been brought up in this country would stuggle with quite a few of them and your average Sun reader would have absolutely no chance.

Iain.

Arthur Little
17th September 2009, 14:04
Hi guys

Thank you so much for the replies

sorry it's taken me ages to get back to you but thank you for the help
My wife took the Life in the UK test and passed. we are now applying for the leave to remain fingers crossed everything will be ok with that.

Once again thank you guys so muck for the info sorry for the late reply

:)

Breo

Congratulations to your wife on passing the 'Life in the UK' test. I wish you both all the best :xxgrinning--00xx3: for the next ... and hopefully, FINAL ... phase.