PDA

View Full Version : How to stop annoying unwanted call

LadyJ
14th July 2009, 18:53
it really get on my nerves!:cwm23::cwm23:

Called 100 times in 6 months looking for Mrs Portman, I've told them 99 times that there's no Mrs Portman living here and remove my number from their system and do not call back again!:cwm23::cwm23:

Next time they will call I will tell them Mrs Portman is dead!

ukgangster
14th July 2009, 19:02
One advantage of being a Welsh speaker is that any unwanted phone callers will quickly give up when they realise they can't understand a word ... dew dew bach flippin saesneg sariad cymraeg innit OR: Ble mae'r Geraint Lloyd? a'r Radio Cymru!!

LadyJ
14th July 2009, 19:11
that's a very good idea!! but i dont need to use welsh, simply I'll use tagalog without them knowing that Im swearing at them 'Ang kukulit talaga ninyo ang sarap nyong patayin,kung nandyan lang ako pinutol ko na mga dila ninyo:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

somebody
14th July 2009, 19:11
One advantage of being a Welsh speaker is that any unwanted phone callers will quickly give up when they realise they can't understand a word ... dew dew bach flippin saesneg sariad cymraeg innit OR: Ble mae'r Geraint Lloyd? a'r Radio Cymru!!

Well unless a pinoy call centre Lady J may have a useful tool:D

Have you worked out who they are?

debt collection agency, bank or?

You can sign up here which may help a littlehttp://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

LadyJ
14th July 2009, 19:14
Well unless a pinoy call centre Lady J may have a useful tool:D

Have you worked out who they are?

debt collection agency, bank or?

You can sign up here which may help a littlehttp://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

I'll have a look at that later, that might help me.

I've registered my number with BT to stop unwanted calls and since that I never received any of it at all apart from that one company who kept looking for bloody Mrs Portman!

Mrs Daddy
14th July 2009, 19:18
it really get on my nerves!:cwm23::cwm23:

Called 100 times in 6 months looking for Mrs Portman, I've told them 99 times that there's no Mrs Portman living here and remove my number from their system and do not call back again!:cwm23::cwm23:

same here:yikes:hubby told me to talk to our language:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: tell them to Bugger off LadyJ:xxgrinning--00xx3::D

somebody
14th July 2009, 19:18

I've registered my number with BT to stop unwanted calls and since that I never received any of it at all apart from that one company who kept looking for bloody Mrs Portman!

Try and find out who they are on the next call and then we can see if we can help.

Sometimes writing in helps far more than telling a call operator who cant do anything on their system.

LadyJ
14th July 2009, 19:26
Try and find out who they are on the next call and then we can see if we can help.

Sometimes writing in helps far more than telling a call operator who cant do anything on their system.

The problem is I kept asking them what's the name of their company but I could'nt get what name or what they're saying its just like amjeshkuntfeckinggutit company and from the start they open their mouth looking for Mrs Portman my blood is already boiling:NoNo:

somebody
14th July 2009, 19:28
The problem is I kept asking them what's the name of their company but I could'nt get what name or what they're saying its just like amjeshkuntfeckinggutit company and from the start they open their mouth looking for Mrs Portman my blood is already boiling:NoNo:

Sounds like BT your best bet at the moment. Hopefully Buzzby and gang can help you:D

GaryFifer
14th July 2009, 19:30

i always got phone calls that start that is not a person"Have you been sold credit..blah blah"

If anyone else is interested I used Lady J call preference site too as well as this one below. Since the mobile phone numbers are being available to more companies I expect more naff on my phone. Privacy :doh

OPT OUT (http://www.optoutuk.com/index.asp)

Ah yes. and this fantastic video about how a man deals with a telemarketer.. just brilliant!

Telemarketer video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5z4Vs26-TI)

I just love the bit where he says where are you? you at work? u being a smart a*s?

bornatbirth
14th July 2009, 19:40
they may of put the wrong number down when chatting to mrs portman and ring your number instead?

that happened to me before and the company kept phoning and asking for him,im not sure theres much you can do?

joebloggs
14th July 2009, 19:56
well maybe they will be soon asking for mrs portman on your mob :NoNo:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/8091621.stm

you cannot opt out at the mo, because i think their web site crashed because too many people were opting out :doh

http://www.118800.co.uk/ss2.html

Sim11UK
14th July 2009, 20:17

What did she die of? :Bugger:

brian&maddy
15th July 2009, 00:54
that's a very good idea!! but i dont need to use welsh, simply I'll use tagalog without them knowing that Im swearing at them 'Ang kukulit talaga ninyo ang sarap nyong patayin,kung nandyan lang ako pinutol ko na mga dila ninyo:icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::xxgrinning--00xx3:
I will tell them the same too:D

nigel
15th July 2009, 07:25
:icon_lol: Oh come on LadyJ have fun with it!:icon_lol: say "yes I am Mrs Portman, where's the gold necklace I ordered...if I don't get it this week, I'm calling the police!":omg:

:icon_lol::):icon_lol:

I live in Chessington and I used to get loads of calls asking me if I recieved the 'Richmond Times' newspaper ok....since I don't even live in Richmond I can't say that I was expecting to recieve it!:icon_lol: