PDA

View Full Version : How to get a copy of a lost visa??

Terrielicious
15th July 2009, 23:58
Hi guys, haven't been here for quite awhile cos been busy sorting out a new passport and getting new visa. I tried to apply for a provisional license it and they ask me to send a proof of ID and I only got my passport to use as a valid ID so I sent it thru Royal Mail I asked my friend who just recently applied for a license and she says it is fine to send the passport as she did the same just do it recorded delivery.So I sent mine too. :doh:doh

I didnt know that u can actually just show ur ID in post office and they will witness or something that they seen the ID and u dont need to send it. :doh:doh:doh:doh:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

To cut the long story short someone, somewhere lost my passport and we tried to call and complain write a letter to DVLA and Royalmail but takes ages to get a reply as they said they will do an investigation before they get back to me, we also go to the police to report it as lost passport.

They get back to me after ages of waiting and it just says sorry for that but they tried to blame it with each other (DVLA and Royalmail):angry::angry::angry::angry: so I went to the Barrio Fiesta in Birmingham which the philippine Embassy has a kiosk there for passport renewal and lucky I made it to apply a new passport and just waiting for it now.

My question is what should I do now with getting a copy of my lost visa? Can anyone help me cos i dont know what to do my passport will arrive soon and im gonna have to sort out now of getting a copy of my lost visa.

Thanks guys in advance :) Any idea will be much appreciated. Thanks again..

adam&chryss
16th July 2009, 09:19
Hi guys, haven't been here for quite awhile cos been busy sorting out a new passport and getting new visa. I tried to apply for a provisional license it and they ask me to send a proof of ID and I only got my passport to use as a valid ID so I sent it thru Royal Mail I asked my friend who just recently applied for a license and she says it is fine to send the passport as she did the same just do it recorded delivery.So I sent mine too. :doh:doh

I didnt know that u can actually just show ur ID in post office and they will witness or something that they seen the ID and u dont need to send it. :doh:doh:doh:doh:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

To cut the long story short someone, somewhere lost my passport and we tried to call and complain write a letter to DVLA and Royalmail but takes ages to get a reply as they said they will do an investigation before they get back to me, we also go to the police to report it as lost passport.

They get back to me after ages of waiting and it just says sorry for that but they tried to blame it with each other (DVLA and Royalmail):angry::angry::angry::angry: so I went to the Barrio Fiesta in Birmingham which the philippine Embassy has a kiosk there for passport renewal and lucky I made it to apply a new passport and just waiting for it now.

My question is what should I do now with getting a copy of my lost visa? Can anyone help me cos i dont know what to do my passport will arrive soon and im gonna have to sort out now of getting a copy of my lost visa.

DVLA really need your passport. Me and hubby went there personally and left my passport. The officer said that they need it and will send it back to me within 4 weeks. after 2 weeks I got it back by post.

As for having your lost visa copy, can't contribute with that. Let's wait other members maybe someone experienced that too.

Goodluck! Hope you sort that out soonish :)

vbkelly
16th July 2009, 10:48
when i applied my british passport i sent the photo copy of my MC but when they return my documents my MC is missing and we phone them till they don't find my MC what they did was they refunded me the cost of true copy and stumped of my MC from philippines embassy.

aphrodite78
16th July 2009, 10:50
DVLA really need your passport. Me and hubby went there personally and left my passport. The officer said that they need it and will send it back to me within 4 weeks. after 2 weeks I got it back by post.

As for having your lost visa copy, can't contribute with that. Let's wait other members maybe someone experienced that too.

Goodluck! Hope you sort that out soonish :)

hi,

i agree with adam&chryss. i applied with my provisional license and they said they need my original passport and visa.

regarding your lost visa, i thought this link might help you http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/5167621/2991775
goodluck:)

vbkelly
16th July 2009, 11:08
thats why we don't trust the post office or any carrier anymore if we apply and need important documents we just handed in

Mrs.JMajor
16th July 2009, 14:20

Go to home office or call the hotline and enquire about it, because they gonna track your visa on thier records( computer)

On my lunch break, peeking on the forum :xxparty-smiley-004:

trader dave
16th July 2009, 17:25
Go to home office or call the hotline and enquire about it, because they gonna track your visa on thier records( computer)

On my lunch break, peeking on the forum :xxparty-smiley-004:

stop using work pc for personel use :icon_lol::icon_lol: that could lead to a disciplinary against YOU :icon_lol::icon_lol::Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Mrs.JMajor
16th July 2009, 19:13
stop using work pc for personel use :icon_lol::icon_lol: that could lead to a disciplinary against YOU :icon_lol::icon_lol::Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:xxcheeky-smiley-013 Your wrong hehe coz i went home during my break :icon_lol: