PDA

View Full Version : I got a question

aphrodite78
16th July 2009, 10:28
Hi,

I am getting married this coming August. My fiance has bought me a gift for the wedding, question is do I also need to buy one for the groom? Not too familiar with the custom here, been married to an english guy before but it was a registry office wedding he didn't gave me any gift whatsoever (not that I expected anyway) but I just want to know whether I need to get him one because our wedding is less than 3 weeks from now.:Erm:

vbkelly
16th July 2009, 10:31
Hi,

I am getting married this coming August. My fiance has bought me a gift for the wedding, question is do I also need to buy one for the groom? Not too familiar with the custom here, been married to an english guy before but it was a registry office wedding he didn't gave me any gift whatsoever (not that I expected anyway) but I just want to know whether I need to get him one because our wedding is less than 3 weeks from now.:Erm:

will its up you aphrodite if you want to buy something for him anyway goodluck to your wedding and best wishes.

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 10:42
Hi,

Hi Aphrodite,

Best wishes!

I don't think it's a must that you buy him a present. If that's a part of the culture, then I've never heard of it ever. When my husband gave me the engagement ring, I thought if I should give him one too because I will be as engaged to him as he is to me. But I said nah... I have a lifetime after wedding to pay for this ring!!! :D

aphrodite78
16th July 2009, 10:46
Hi Aphrodite,

Best wishes!

I don't think it's a must that you buy him a present. If that's a part of the culture, then I've never heard of it ever. When my husband gave me the engagement ring, I thought if I should give him one too because I will be as engaged to him as he is to me. But I said nah... I have a lifetime after wedding to pay for this ring!!! :D

thanks miss piggy. that's a nice one. have a good day. btw, you don't mind me asking what part of uk are you? thanks again.

Sophie
16th July 2009, 10:48
Hi,

Congratulations and best wishes aphrodite :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
I'm not sure if it's a custom, but me and my husband bought each other wedding gifts.....
he surprised me and he didn't know i got a surprise for him too....so we sort of exchanged gifts on our wedding night....:D:D:D

aug06_2006
16th July 2009, 10:54
I didn't thought that my hubby had a wedding gifts for me.. it was suprised! And I got no chance to buy a gift for him hehehe! Btw, good luck and best wishes for the future!

aphrodite78
16th July 2009, 10:56
Congratulations and best wishes aphrodite :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy:
I'm not sure if it's a custom, but me and my husband bought each other wedding gifts.....
he surprised me and he didn't know i got a surprise for him too....so we sort of exchange gifts on our wedding night....:D:D:D

thanks sophie, i think that's a very good idea :). not to sure about the wedding night though. we got 2 young sons (2 y.o. and 6 mos) and they are a nightmare when we are not at home because they are not used to the surroundings. thanks again.

Sophie
16th July 2009, 11:07
thanks sophie, i think that's a very good idea :). not to sure about the wedding night though. we got 2 young sons (2 y.o. and 6 mos) and they are a nightmare when we are not at home because they are not used to the surroundings. thanks again.

Oh, 2 young makulit sons, hehehe, anyway, you can give each other your wedding presents anytime or when you got the chance.....
it would still be a special moment.....it doesn't have to be on the wedding night, you could do it before or after when you both got some privacy already...
and remember, the present need not be lavish, it can be simple but very special in thesame way...after all, it's always the thought that counts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 11:11
I didn't thought that my hubby had a wedding gifts for me.. it was suprised! And I got no chance to buy a gift for him hehehe! Btw, good luck and best wishes for the future!

It's not too late to ask for one!!! :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

The best present our husbands can give is for them to be the husband they promised to be. A little extra, ie diamond rings and louis vuitton bags ofcourse are also welcome! (Phil...are you reading this post???!! :D)

miss.piggy
16th July 2009, 11:12
thanks miss piggy. that's a nice one. have a good day. btw, you don't mind me asking what part of uk are you? thanks again.
I'm from Kent... hildenborough :)

MarBell379
16th July 2009, 13:29
In the absence of anything purchased, wait til the wedding night and tell him your gift to him is YOU :)

Sophie
16th July 2009, 13:45
In the absence of anything purchased, wait til the wedding night and tell him your gift to him is YOU :)

LOL, that's given already :xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D:D

aphrodite78
16th July 2009, 14:24

:D thanks i'll bear that in mind.

Mrs.JMajor
16th July 2009, 14:25
Hi,

I didnt able to read other members reply, but here is my share, Its all up to you, but if I were you I wont bother, its doesnt mean you need to give him too...but if your financial is stable enough, then go:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 15:11
Congratulations Aphrodite78 on your upcoming wedding!.:) I also received a wedding gift and i had also some small gifts with me when i came here. Most of them are presents to the family but i have chosen one special gift to be given on the wedding day. I thought of giving him something unique bought from my country:D.

Arthur Little
16th July 2009, 19:19
Hi,

:cwm38: Congratulations in advance. :Erm: To be honest, I'm not sure about the practice of exchanging wedding gifts. But it's a nice idea, and I would be inclined to go along with what Sophie says. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Oh, 2 young makulit sons, hehehe, anyway, you can give each other your wedding presents anytime or when you got the chance.....
it would still be a special moment.....it doesn't have to be on the wedding night, you could do it before or after when you both got some privacy already...
and remember, the present need not be lavish, it can be simple but very special in thesame way...after all, it's always the thought that counts :xxgrinning--00xx3:

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 20:13
How about chocolate body paint, in reference to the previous thread.

Jay&Zobel
16th July 2009, 23:47
If you want to, you can do so... Maybe something more sentimental or something that you've made yourself would be sweet...

My fiance (now my husband) wrote me a story, I saved it and made it into a book & had it illustrated. I gave it back to him as a gift, he was surprised and loved it!! :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Aphrodite best wishes and all the best!!!