View Full Version : Chocolate thread

Alan
16th July 2009, 14:52
What's the best choccy in the world??

For me, it's Lindt!

Al.:)

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 14:55
I dont eat much chocolate,dont go a bundle on it to be honest,but I have to admit I really like the few times I have visited one of the Belgian chocolate factories,the smell as you walk in is incredible,it really makes a person drool :icon_lol:

aromulus
16th July 2009, 14:58

For me, it's Lindt!

Sorry to disappoint you Al......

There is some stuff in "Lidl" with a choice of 65%, 70% or 75 real cocoa.......

Real dark chocolate, that sends your head in a spin and assaults your tastebuds with unbridled violence......:omg:

Lami kayou.....:D

Alan
16th July 2009, 14:59
I dont eat much chocolate,dont go a bundle on it to be honest,but I have to admit I really like the few times I have visited one of the Belgian chocolate factories,the smell as you walk in is incredible,it really makes a person drool :icon_lol:

I agree - Belgian chocolate is beautiful - especially Cote d'Or!

Almost as good as their beers - that are - of course - world class!!!

P.S. And their chips!!

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 15:00
I seldom eat chocolates but when i do i prefer Ferrero Rocher!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: and dark choccy as well:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Sophie
16th July 2009, 15:04
I seldom eat chocolates but when i do i prefer Ferrero Rocher!

same here :xxgrinning--00xx3: anything with almonds and nuts, i would go for :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
16th July 2009, 15:07
I seldom eat chocolates but when i do i prefer Ferrero Rocher!...:xxgrinning--00xx3: and dark choccy as well:xxgrinning--00xx3:.

Ferrero rochers are - for me - a great disappointment compared to the Belgian rochers that are almost like a meal!! (Once again - Cote d'Or.)

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 15:10
Whats your favourite chocolate in Pinas Al?Everyone there loves Hershes Kisses and Toblerones :icon_lol:

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 15:14
Do you know chocnut Tawi2?....
For me that is the best local chocolate:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Sophie
16th July 2009, 15:14
Whats your favourite chocolate in Pinas Al?Everyone there loves Hershes Kisses and Toblerones :icon_lol:

and cadbury too, lol

aromulus
16th July 2009, 15:18
Heathens....:doh

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 15:21
Ferrero rochers are - for me - a great disappointment compared to the Belgian rochers that are almost like a meal!! (Once again - Cote d'Or.)

Coated choccy and bite sizes are preferrable. I would go for any chocolate except for the ffg: with caramel, soooooo sweet choccy, and with whole nuts.:D

Alan
16th July 2009, 15:26

Chocolate made in the Philippines is, in my opinion, nothing like good chocolate. In fact, it is bloody awful!! (Sorry everyone from the Phils. As I said - just MY opinion.)

On the rare occasions that I can afford choccy here, I stick with Toblerone and Cadbury's.

charlwill
16th July 2009, 15:28

For me, it's Lindt!

Aye, LINDT is superb. It's really yummy.

Sorry to disappoint you Al......

There is some stuff in "Lidl" with a choice of 65%, 70% or 75 real cocoa.......

Real dark chocolate, that sends your head in a spin and assaults your tastebuds with unbridled violence......:omg:

Lami kayou.....:D
That's true. I couldn't agree for more. I sent loads of chocolate back home. from Cadbury to Lidl's brand. But the last time I spoke to my sister in preparation of sending balikbayan box to them. My sister said don't send us Cadbury but send us the LIDL choccy cause it's more delicious compared to Cadburys. Lol, I am happy cause what they asked is alot cheaper.

Yes, I seldom eat choccy but really like Ferrero Rocher.

Do you know chocnut Tawi2?....
For me that is the best local chocolate:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Aye, I'm missing our own Phils. brands of choccy, Chocnut, Cloud9 and Serg's.

Pepe n Pilar
16th July 2009, 15:38
Aye, LINDT is superb. It's really yummy.

Aye, I'm missing our own Phils. brands of choccy, Chocnut, Cloud9 and Serg's.

NO doubt about it, lindt choccy are superb!..:xxgrinning--00xx3:
Yeah Phil brands of choccy like cloud9 tastes like mars!!!.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ana_may365
16th July 2009, 15:39
im happy with nips if no toblerone:D:D:D

bornatbirth
16th July 2009, 19:08
i like smarties........

GaryFifer
16th July 2009, 19:49

For me, it's Lindt!

For me its jessica. those chocolate hills are always soooo tasty:luv4:

Jay&Zobel
16th July 2009, 23:34

For me, it's Lindt!

Yep Chocolate Hills! :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::D:D:D

Jay&Zobel
16th July 2009, 23:37

:Erm::Erm::Erm:?? :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
16th July 2009, 23:48
The chocolate hills on Bohol :Erm:

Ji&Ma
17th July 2009, 00:02
LOL
:Erm:Hmmm, what about Hershey kisses:Erm::omg::D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 00:11
LOL
:Erm:Hmmm, what about Hershey kisses:Erm::omg::D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::Rasp:

it is just me or is hersheys chocolate the worse i have tasted?

lavander
17th July 2009, 03:10

I think its only U... :D :ARsurrender:

i find hersheys acceptable to my taste bud!

Peace!!!..

lavander
17th July 2009, 03:13

For me, it's Lindt!

Godiva for me!..

Carolyn
17th July 2009, 03:46
:Hellooo:I love all kinds of chocolate, the sweeter the better:cwm38:

Northerner
17th July 2009, 05:05

No, me too. Hersheys is a poor excuse for chocolate imo.. It's like cooking chocolate that didn't quite make the grade.

Galaxy! Now that is a chocolate!! Granted, it's a bit Girlie, but damn it's good.. :D

adam&chryss
17th July 2009, 09:50
I love M&M's and sneakers and kitkat and cadbury and butterfinger and toblerone and thorntons and most specially chocnut :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I guess I like most of the chocolates except dark chocolate.. kinda bitter kasi :NoNo:

Arthur Little
17th July 2009, 10:02

For me, it's Lindt!

For ME [being a 'fruit:lol2:& nut:icon_lol:(case)] it has to be Cadbury's! But it's too bl:censored:y expensive to buy in the Phils ... I guess because it's imported there!

Alan
17th July 2009, 10:06
Does anybody remember 'Caramac?'

I used to love that

Arthur Little
17th July 2009, 10:09

I used to love that

Me too ... but I'd find it just a bit "sickly" :D now!

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 10:11
I remember Caramac,you can still buy them £2.25 for 5 bars,they used to melt on the tongue,golden chocolate.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
17th July 2009, 10:12
Me too ... but I'd find it just a bit "sickly" :D now!

Do they still make it Arthur?

Tawi2
17th July 2009, 10:15
There you are Alan,retrosweets sell them :xxgrinning--00xx3:

http://www.retrotuckshopsweetsdirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=250

Northerner
17th July 2009, 10:19

I used to love that

Once had a Caramac easter egg... When I were a lad:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
17th July 2009, 10:38

http://www.retrotuckshopsweetsdirect.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=250

Tawi - What a treasure of a website!!!!

AND - they deliver overseas!!

Now comes the sad bit :bigcry: - I have no credit cards - my debit card (Nationwide) has expired and they will not send new cards to Asia.

I have a bank account and a PayPal account - but, of course, no good for this site.

Anybody coming over soon - bring me some Caramac - oh, and ANGLO BUBBLY!!!!! - I shall pay you over here.

Northerner
17th July 2009, 10:57

Now comes the sad bit :bigcry: - I have no credit cards - my debit card (Nationwide) has expired and they will not send new cards to Asia.

I have a bank account and a PayPal account - but, of course, no good for this site.

Anybody coming over soon - bring me some Caramac - oh, and ANGLO BUBBLY!!!!! - I shall pay you over here.

I'm in Cebu in October/November. But those Caramacs are really expensive nowadays... £5.00 for one tiny bar:D:D:D Kidding...

Let me know.. I am now the Caramac kid. Like the Milky Bar kid but with darker hair:D

Arthur Little
17th July 2009, 15:19
Do they still make it Arthur?

:Erm: Not sure, Al! I do know that my son-in-law is partial to what are known as 'Gold Bars' ... which are basically shortcake biscuits covered with the same caramel-coloured coating that Caramac was made of. They're oblong in shape ... about the size of a Jacob's Club ... and usually sold in packs of 9.

Everyone to his/her own taste. But as far as I'm concerned nowadays ... yeuch! :vomit-smiley-011:

monkeyface
17th July 2009, 15:26

For me, it's Lindt!

I love Lindt too but I don't think I'll ever get tired of Snickers. Marathon was what you called it then right?! :BouncyHappy:

Arthur Little
17th July 2009, 15:35

Ah ... hadn't noticed Tawi's post. :NoNo: And I agree with your sentiment in response. Except I'll give "Dracula's fangs" a miss ... and probably the other retrosweets too ... and just opt for the bon-bons instead! :toung:

Arthur Little
17th July 2009, 15:44
...I don't think I'll ever get tired of Snickers. Marathon was what you called it then right?! :BouncyHappy:

Correct ... Marathon it WAS! :xxgrinning--00xx3: And, if you go even further back [circa 1960s] to the days before they added the peanuts, I think it was called 'Picnic'.

Sconnie
17th July 2009, 19:02
Correct ... Marathon it WAS! :xxgrinning--00xx3: And, if you go even further back [circa 1960s] to the days before they added the peanuts, I think it was called 'Picnic'.

Picnic was a different bar Arthur

Sconnie
17th July 2009, 19:08

I used to love that

Oh yes delicious mmmmmmm yum yum

charlwill
17th July 2009, 19:47
The chocolate hills on Bohol :Erm:

Tawi2, this one if for you.

THE NEGROS CHOCOLATE HILLS. :D :D :D

LEAHnew
18th July 2009, 07:57
:Erm:Prof you sounds craving?:D when is your due?:rolleyes::Rasp:

Alan
18th July 2009, 08:13
:Erm:Prof you sounds craving?:D when is your due?:rolleyes::Rasp:

I'm due for a large glass of Scotch....just about NOW!!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
18th July 2009, 08:16
No, me too. Hersheys is a poor excuse for chocolate imo.. It's like cooking chocolate that didn't quite make the grade.

Galaxy! Now that is a chocolate!! Granted, it's a bit Girlie, but damn it's good.. :D

Is Galaxy 'a bit girlie?' I've not heard that before.

I know that 'Yorkie' bars were for MEN!!

somebody
18th July 2009, 08:34
i like smarties........

Which Colour:Erm:

Tawi2
18th July 2009, 08:51
Surprised no ones mentioned Body-chocolate from Ann Summers :Erm:

http://www.annsummers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/WCDSAdvancedSearchView?storeId=10001&catalogId=40151&langId=-1

somebody
18th July 2009, 09:24
"Cadbbburrrrys" I wondered if it was a different brand just copying the orginal then when i saw for myself in the duty free and the kiddies all pointing towards it and saw it was the real thing.
But then the wifes family and friends got confused when i said i was from "laan dan" while they thought I was from "Lonnn don":D

Have tried a bit of hershys, but i noticed most of the Kiddies in our family prefer Cadbburrrrys if they got the choice.

Me I prefer something with a tad more coco powder init. Never get the chance to try chocolates often in phill, too full up after the 19th meal of the day:D

somebody
18th July 2009, 09:26
Surprised no ones mentioned Body-chocolate from Ann Summers :Erm:

http://www.annsummers.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/WCDSAdvancedSearchView?storeId=10001&catalogId=40151&langId=-1

Theres one in Hounslow high street (well used to be) I wonder if it will have a run on sales of the above this weekend:D

Northerner
18th July 2009, 17:57
Is Galaxy 'a bit girlie?' I've not heard that before.

I know that 'Yorkie' bars were for MEN!!

Galaxy Ripple, it's about as Girlie as can be.. But again, very good:D

Another Girlie chocolate is the Kinder Bueno:xxgrinning--00xx3: And again, a fine example of sugary bliss:D:D:D

As for the Yorkie bar.. pfr.. Not been impressed with those since I grew out of playing with my ol Yorkie truck. It's okay, but it's no Galaxy!

Tawi2
18th July 2009, 18:01
Theres one in Hounslow high street (well used to be) I wonder if it will have a run on sales of the above this weekend:D

I forgot to look for it today :Erm:I meant to as well :Erm: Theres one in Staines :icon_lol:

Jay&Zobel
18th July 2009, 19:27
Cream Eggs!!

gracia143
18th July 2009, 20:13
Thorntons hmmmm...

Tawi2
18th July 2009, 20:44
Thorntons hmmmm...

Thorntons coffee creme :xxgrinning--00xx3:

gracia143
18th July 2009, 20:56
Thorntons coffee creme :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thorntons with caramel in the middle too???

somebody
18th July 2009, 22:22
I forgot to look for it today :Erm:I meant to as well :Erm: Theres one in Staines :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

Staines and ann summers often go hand in hand im sure:D

beppe
19th July 2009, 15:53
I have to stay away from chocolate but Ferrero is my choice

Tawi2
19th July 2009, 16:45
:icon_lol:

Staines and ann summers often go hand in hand im sure:D

Yukksssssss :tdo13::Bolt:

Arthur Little
19th July 2009, 17:01
... and saw it was the real thing.

:Erm: Thought 'Coke' [as in Coca Cola] was supposed to be the "REAL THING", Andy ... at least according to the '60s *telly advert ... if you happen to be old enough to remember *it, that is!

somebody
19th July 2009, 17:12
:Erm: Thought 'Coke' [as in Coca Cola] was supposed to be the "REAL THING", Andy ... at least according to the '60s *telly advert ... if you happen to be old enough to remember *it, that is!

Im not a slave to adverts:D

It was used for a while after Sir

Yep i thought someone might pick up on that so Gold star to you sir

adam&chryss
19th July 2009, 17:15
Chocolate made in the Philippines is, in my opinion, nothing like good chocolate. In fact, it is bloody awful!! (Sorry everyone from the Phils. As I said - just MY opinion.)

On the rare occasions that I can afford choccy here, I stick with Toblerone and Cadbury's.

I agree Alan. I love Kit Kats but the ones in Phil taste terrible!
Even the Cadburys tastes different.
I took lots of Cadburys on my last visit for my mother in law and she loved it.

Jay&Zobel
19th July 2009, 22:20
I love Kit Kats but the ones in Phil taste terrible!
Even the Cadburys tastes different. I took lots of Cadburys on my last visit for my mother in law and she loved it.

True true!!! :NoNo:

bornatbirth
19th July 2009, 22:49
Which Colour:Erm:

all colours,taste all the same to me!

what about wispa and minstrels.

i took a selection of boxed chocs on my last trip and they was put in the fridge and all the nice were gone :omg: :D having to eat all the ones nobody likes doesnt change?

some of my wifes relatives ate them or my mom in law? :Erm:

jimeve
20th July 2009, 16:26
This should me made a stcky thread. :vomit-smiley-011:

Arthur Little
23rd July 2009, 12:16
:Erm: my son-in-law is partial to what are known as *'Gold Bars' ...

:Erm: ... bought two packs of nine apiece yesterday afternoon [in honour of my family's forthcoming visit]. *They're made by McVities ... and available on "Buy one, get one free" ... offer for £1.27 from Tesco's at the moment, if anyone's tempted! :)

Alan
23rd July 2009, 13:43
:Erm: ... bought two packs of nine apiece yesterday afternoon [in honour of my family's forthcoming visit]. *They're made by McVities ... and available on "Buy one, get one free" ... offer for £1.27 from Tesco's at the moment, if anyone's tempted! :)

Yes please Arthur. Send me a few dozen packets please! :D

eagles
23rd July 2009, 14:42
TOTSIE ROLL........... can't find it now in the Phils supermarkets..

pennybarry
23rd July 2009, 23:04
Belgian Chocky Sir. I remember when I was in Belgium, I tried their chocolates and I love it!!! I tried German Home made chocolates too. We bought in Aachen. It was round and yummy. :BouncyHappy::BouncyHappy: