PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Question 5

Alan
17th July 2009, 10:43
Phoned the army yesterday but they could not tell me how to make soldiers for my boiled egg!

Any help?

Al.:)

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 10:58
i wonder where the word soldiers and boiled eggs came to be?

KeithD
17th July 2009, 10:59
Phoned the army yesterday but they could not tell me how to make soldiers for my boiled egg!
Try the MOD, they can make success out of failure :Erm:

Jay&Zobel
17th July 2009, 13:06

Any help?

:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: Not again Al!

Simplesssss... I'll tell you later as I don't want to spoil your thread haha... :Erm::Erm::D

Sophie
17th July 2009, 13:27
:NoNo::NoNo::NoNo: Not again Al!

Simplesssss... haha... :Erm::Erm::D

Go to meerkat.com?????:D:D:D:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Sconnie
17th July 2009, 19:47

Any help?

Here you go :

Ingredients
200g/7oz whole milk, at room temperature
150ml/5˝ fl oz water, at room temperature
2 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
200g/7oz plain white flour
300g/10˝oz strong white flour
50g/2oz millet flakes (optional)
1˝ tsp fine sea salt
olive oil, for greasing
flour, for dusting

Method
1. Place the milk and water into a bowl. Add the yeast and whisk gently until dissolved.
2. Place the flours, millet flakes (if using) and salt into a clean bowl and mix together well.
3. Add the milk, water and yeast solution and mix together until it starts to come together a sticky, cohesive dough, then cover and leave for ten minutes.
4. Grease your hands and a flat clean surface with olive oil. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for ten seconds, then form the dough into a smooth round ball. Wipe the bowl clean and grease with olive oil, then return the dough ball to the bowl and leave for a further ten minutes.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead once more on the clean oiled surface. Shape again into a round smooth ball and return to rest in the bowl, covered, for one and a half hours in a warm (not hot) place.
6. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Shape each into a ball and leave, covered, on a flat, floured surface for five minutes.
7. Place a clean tea towel onto a large tray and dredge with flour, rubbing the flour into the cloth to ensure even coverage.
8. Place one ball onto a floured work surface. To shape the dough, pat it flat into an oval 15cm/6in front-to-back and slightly longer left-to-right. Take the left and right sides and fold them inwards, towards the centre, by 2cm/1in, to leave a triangular point at the top. Next take the point and fold it in towards the centre, pressing down firmly to seal. Rotate the dough 180 degrees and repeat the process. Then rotate the dough back to its original position.
9. If you are right-handed fold the dough in half towards you, starting at the right-hand end, sealing the dough with the heel of your right hand while holding and folding the dough with your left hand. Roll the shaped loaf on the work surface, pressing down slightly more with the heel of each hand to give the ends a gentle point. Lift the dough and place it seam-side-up on the tea towel. Finally fold and pull the tea towel up the sides of the loaf and fold over to cover. Leave to rise for one and a half hours, or until almost doubled in height. Repeat this process with the second ball of dough.
10. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
11. Turn the two risen pieces of dough onto a flour-dusted baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut two or three slashes into the upper surface of each, then place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes, or until each loaf is a lovely golden brown.

Enjoy :D

KeithD
17th July 2009, 20:11
:omg: I'll just have a cup of coffee :cwm24:

Alan
21st July 2009, 13:52
Here you go :

Ingredients
200g/7oz whole milk, at room temperature
150ml/5˝ fl oz water, at room temperature
2 tsp fresh yeast, crumbled
200g/7oz plain white flour
300g/10˝oz strong white flour
50g/2oz millet flakes (optional)
1˝ tsp fine sea salt
olive oil, for greasing
flour, for dusting

Method
1. Place the milk and water into a bowl. Add the yeast and whisk gently until dissolved.
2. Place the flours, millet flakes (if using) and salt into a clean bowl and mix together well.
3. Add the milk, water and yeast solution and mix together until it starts to come together a sticky, cohesive dough, then cover and leave for ten minutes.
4. Grease your hands and a flat clean surface with olive oil. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for ten seconds, then form the dough into a smooth round ball. Wipe the bowl clean and grease with olive oil, then return the dough ball to the bowl and leave for a further ten minutes.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead once more on the clean oiled surface. Shape again into a round smooth ball and return to rest in the bowl, covered, for one and a half hours in a warm (not hot) place.
6. Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Shape each into a ball and leave, covered, on a flat, floured surface for five minutes.
7. Place a clean tea towel onto a large tray and dredge with flour, rubbing the flour into the cloth to ensure even coverage.
8. Place one ball onto a floured work surface. To shape the dough, pat it flat into an oval 15cm/6in front-to-back and slightly longer left-to-right. Take the left and right sides and fold them inwards, towards the centre, by 2cm/1in, to leave a triangular point at the top. Next take the point and fold it in towards the centre, pressing down firmly to seal. Rotate the dough 180 degrees and repeat the process. Then rotate the dough back to its original position.
9. If you are right-handed fold the dough in half towards you, starting at the right-hand end, sealing the dough with the heel of your right hand while holding and folding the dough with your left hand. Roll the shaped loaf on the work surface, pressing down slightly more with the heel of each hand to give the ends a gentle point. Lift the dough and place it seam-side-up on the tea towel. Finally fold and pull the tea towel up the sides of the loaf and fold over to cover. Leave to rise for one and a half hours, or until almost doubled in height. Repeat this process with the second ball of dough.
10. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
11. Turn the two risen pieces of dough onto a flour-dusted baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to cut two or three slashes into the upper surface of each, then place into the oven to bake for 45 minutes, or until each loaf is a lovely golden brown.

Enjoy :D

I've just broken both my wrists!!:Erm::yikes:

Alan
22nd July 2009, 13:21
Do my soldiers/eggs need shells?

KeithD
22nd July 2009, 13:48
Do my soldiers/eggs need shells?

...and mortars :)