PDA

View Full Version : We are Leaving Foreigner land once again - its that nostalgic return.

ginapeterb
17th July 2009, 12:09
Back to the land of smiles - Goodbye Foreigner land - hello Pilipinas

Yes folks, its that time of year, the schools break up today, no more traffic in the morning trying to get out of the street, summer hols are here again.

And very shortly, we are catching the taxi to London's Heathrow terminal 5 hooray, its finally here.

Yes Goodbye Foreigner land, hello Pilipinas land, as we make the annual pilgimage back to Mecca ooooops sorry I mean Manila, with bags filled with Pasalubong, Bullilits of Cadburys chocolates, 2nd hand cellphones, and designer shades, here we come, here we come here we come !

With the family already booked to gather at the airport to greet us, what a welcome and humbling sight that will be, with Nanay and Tatay, Tito and Tita, and 100,000 cousins to bring up the rear.

Recession what recession, Cadburys seem to be doing very well at present if our boxes have anything to measure it by, but really joking aside, the time has come, 4 weeks of lovely sand, sea and ....Chicken Inasal !

Davao City here we come this year, looking forward to the Marco Polo international buffet, Samal Island, snorkelling, and anything else I can find on arrival.

Palawan watch out, I;m coming this year, and El Nido finally, I get to see parts of the Philippines I have not seen on my 15 visits, or is this one number 15, the excitement grows by the minute, the only thing that is putting me off right now is the cab fare to the airport.

oh well its got to be cheaper than sticking the Car in Q Park, or Heathrow Long term parking, the worlds most expensive designer car park.

So my friends, I'm leaving on a jet plane, oh I just hate to go, (but no really), back to the land where no one needs a reservation, just turn up and pay, you can get what you want if you have the money, thats what I always love.

Cinema 100 pesos, not £8.00 to see a blockbuster latest movie, a large peice of superb gourmet chocolate and cream cake and a capuccino for 200 pesos, not £14.00 like in Cafe Concerto Westfield.

And a gourmet buffet meal at a 1st class hotel for 700 pesos, not £100.00 like it is here.

Have I missed anything out, oh yes a full body massage for P250.00 and the your clothes washed ironed and laid out for you in a morning, and as always

"Good Morning Sir, tea or coffee"

What else is there to life.....well folks once again, have fun and enjoy the forum, I will check in from time to time, no more British Embassy for me, no more visas, no more anxious waiting.

Just simple holiday for two.

BYE ALL !

yikes.....:doh typhoon heading to NAIA

LadyJ
17th July 2009, 12:11
Gina and Peter,

We're jealous!:bigcry: but enjoy your holiday and have safe trip!:Hellooo:

bornatbirth
17th July 2009, 12:13
have a nice time :action-smiley-081: its pooring down here :bigcry:

you missed the smiles are for free! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

laurel
17th July 2009, 12:53
Have a great time all the best

Jay&Zobel
17th July 2009, 13:45
Gina & Pete,

May you have safe trips to PI and back to UK... Enjoy!!!!!
Oh, how I missed those feelings too!!! Hope to be back in PI soon too.

Take care!

winner
17th July 2009, 13:55
take care and have a good time summer here its over rain and more rain

pennybarry
17th July 2009, 16:34
hmmm I'm homesick again. Few more weeks:Rasp::Rasp::Rasp:

jam07
17th July 2009, 17:44
enjoy your holiday :)

aromulus
17th July 2009, 18:32
By the time you read this, you will probably be at an airport "free internet" thingy place.....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

All I can do is to wish you both all the best for your deserved vacation and a safe return to blighty.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Take care.:Hellooo:

somebody
17th July 2009, 23:36
I hope you both have a great trip. Hopefully you will bless us with updates and hopefully a pete special post on your whole trip:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Reading your post takes me back to the old days of this site when we all seemed to be commuting backwards and forth to phill battling the embassy and the phill authorities:D

gracia143
18th July 2009, 10:06
Have a safe journey Pete and Gina. And do bring loads of 'bulad' when you come back:D

trader dave
18th July 2009, 14:51
word has it thats its typoon after typoon still at least the rain is warm :icon_lol::icon_lol: but it still got to be better than our 1 week heatwave:doh:doh:doh

Florge
18th July 2009, 15:48
Davao? ohhh.. try the skyrider (at Eden) if you haven't... you can still watch Transformers, Ice Age, and Harry Potter... and maybe, you would still be here to watch GI Joe...

Have a great holiday! Oh and... you might still be in Davao for the Kadayawan... oh my durian!!! hehehe...