PDA

View Full Version : time between re-applying

sammy
19th July 2009, 23:25
hi all,
My fiancee submitted her fiance visa on 16th June, though we are confident we will get it approved sometime in september,which is the date we put down for her to fly out to UK for our mid November Wedding. I am thinking of also applying for a CNI from my local registrar next month as a back up plan just in case we are refused and rather than wait for an appeal, i can then fly out and get married there. My question is if we are denied lets say in September and i fly out a short while after and we get married in Phils can we then make an application straight after for a Spouse visa (provided we get the marriage NSO docs) and is there a specific time we need to wait from the time our Fiance visa was denied to applying for a Spouse visa. Once again i dont think there will be a problem with the Fiance visa but i would like to cover all senarios.
Appreciate your responses as allways
Sammy,

bornatbirth
19th July 2009, 23:35
nothing wrong in a back up plan but why are you thinking the visa wont be approved?

just stick to plan A.

Arthur Little
19th July 2009, 23:59
hi all,
My fiancee submitted her fiance visa on 16th June, though we are confident we will get it approved sometime in september,which is the date we put down for her to fly out to UK for our mid November Wedding. I am thinking of also applying for a CNI from my local registrar next month as a back up plan just in case we are refused and rather than wait for an appeal, i can then fly out and get married there. My question is if we are denied lets say in September and i fly out a short while after and we get married in Phils can we then make an application straight after for a Spouse visa (provided we get the marriage NSO docs) and is there a specific time we need to wait from the time our Fiance visa was denied to applying for a Spouse visa. Once again i dont think there will be a problem with the Fiance visa but i would like to cover all senarios.
Appreciate your responses as allways
Sammy,

First of all, try to think positively about the outcome of your fiancee's application, Sammy. Secondly, if ... and I repeat IF, in the [highly unlikely] event of it being turned down, you find yourselves having to resort to *'Plan B', then I doubt very much if you'd need to put off any time before going ahead with *it. It is also worthwhile bearing in mind that while Fiancee Visas CAN be refused, Spousal Visa rarely - if ever - ARE!

:xxgrinning--00xx3:Good Luck with Plan A.

sammy
20th July 2009, 00:17
im 95% the visa will be approved but you know that 5% could be down to a bad day for the CFO if she was interviewed. She has already stayed with me in the UK last year on a 6 month tourist visa but after returning we stupidly applied for a 5 year visa and my bank ballance was not as healthy as could be expected and she was denied. We have been together for 2 and half years now and ive visited her several times since and i dont want to chance anything this time.In our application we showed about £6,000 in my account and more than enough relationship docs as well as my own house and both of us traveling to Thailand together 3 times before as a holiday. So do you think my contingency plan is not worth worrying about too much.

tiN
20th July 2009, 02:07
im 95% the visa will be approved but you know that 5% could be down to a bad day for the CFO if she was interviewed. She has already stayed with me in the UK last year on a 6 month tourist visa but after returning we stupidly applied for a 5 year visa and my bank ballance was not as healthy as could be expected and she was denied. We have been together for 2 and half years now and ive visited her several times since and i dont want to chance anything this time.In our application we showed about £6,000 in my account and more than enough relationship docs as well as my own house and both of us traveling to Thailand together 3 times before as a holiday. So do you think my contingency plan is not worth worrying about too much.

Sammy ull be fine, :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ive been declined also a tourist visa and re-applied fiancee visa, now im staying here in UK for almost 3 years:)

Just relax and think positive, goodluck:Hellooo::Hellooo::Hellooo:

trader dave
20th July 2009, 02:48

well i think after all that if you are denied i will eat my hat:Rasp::icon_lol:

if i remember right you can apply as soon as you want after you have been refused :xxgrinning--00xx3

so it was a tourist 5 years that was refused???

sammy
20th July 2009, 13:00
yes it was a 5 year tourist visa that was refused due to finances, i also heard a 5-10 year tourist visa is often granted if you have a business and need to travel back and forth.

sammy
20th July 2009, 13:01
THANKS TO ALL THE ABOVE FOR THEIR COMMENTS. I SUPPOSE I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR REASSURANCE.
Sammy.

Ady
20th July 2009, 13:26
THANKS TO ALL THE ABOVE FOR THEIR COMMENTS. I SUPPOSE I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR REASSURANCE.
Sammy.

Sammy, I think you will be fine. The big positive in all I read here is that you had a tourist visa accepted. Most have been rejected, ourselves included - but thankfully a Fiancee Visa was accepted.

The fact you had a tourist visa accepted is a evry good sign. Our application for a fiancee visa meant us reiterating the things that were seen as weak in our tourist visa application. Your application will not be complicated by that.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on. I haven't visited the forum for a while, since we are moving house. How long is the wait currently?

sammy
20th July 2009, 15:35
its about 12 weeks. we are 1 month down and 2 to go.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
20th July 2009, 20:54
Sammy.

you'll be alright sammy

acs
20th July 2009, 21:11
just relax your girl's visa will be ok. Congratulation's in advance :Hellooo:

gracia143
21st July 2009, 00:43
You are going through a very normal phase, it happened to everyone here. One gets very very anxious whilst waiting for the visa. We here at the forum are quite positive that your fiance' will be granted a visa.

Just be patient:xxgrinning--00xx3:

CyRob
28th July 2009, 14:40
hi all,
My fiancee submitted her fiance visa on 16th June, though we are confident we will get it approved sometime in september,which is the date we put down for her to fly out to UK for our mid November Wedding. Sammy,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you have read all the posts on other threads it seems the visa's will take 4-6 months for approval at best. Members who submitted in March are still waiting as of today. And according to them the embassy are only on 26 March submitted applications.. :yikes:. You submitted in June so it could be as late as Jan 2010 before you hear. :doh. God knows why its taking so long... :Brick:.

My sweetheart and I submitted our visa application on 29 April so it seems we still have 1-2 months to wait now...

I'm very sorry for the bad news... but lets hope they pick up and get the visa's sorted quicker...

sammy
28th July 2009, 23:55
yeah thanks for that, I have been reading the posts and feeling p.. off, we are supposed to get married in mid November and had booked the Provisional wedding at the registrar, as well as the reception a couple of days later.All the booking confirmations were submitted to VFS, so luckly ive only paid for the registrar up front and can change the date but i cant change my 40th Birthday on 14 Sept which i was hoping she will be here for:bigcry:. Oh well looks like re-arranging all the plans including the reception we had planed in Phils in late Nov. Sorry to ramble on, i know alot are in the same situation, mabey ill write to the British Embassador and explain a lot of faith has been lost in the system as we all rely on the Embassies visa processing statistics that they publish each month. Our high visa costs pay the staff salaries and im sure our taxes here too.
Keep the faith
Sammy.