PDA

View Full Version : Barrio Fiesta Visit

aromulus
21st July 2009, 08:07
Up to the evening before, Jet was unsure wether she wanted to go to the Barrio Fiesta, but I kept telling her that her "Tita" was going to be there and a decision was made.
We set off at about six-ish in the morning, and it was a pleasant nearly traffic free drive. Stopped for 30 minutes or thereabouts, for some well deserved breakfast at the services on the M40, and must confess that the full monty we consumed wasn't worth what we paid for. By a very long margin....:NoNo:
But we were hungry....:omg:
Arrived in Hounslow, and parked the car without any problems at all, the £10 charge seemed a bit excessive, but what the heck.... In for a penny, in for a pound....:rolleyes:
Within 10 minutes of setting foot on the grounds, Jet was already gabbing away to her "Tita", which was there with some of her friends.
As they all were having something to eat under some tent, Jet joined them and I went to scout the place on my own.
The place at that time in the morning was already buzzing and I could feel the special athmosphere building up. Walking about and observing at the various stalls gave me an insight on what would be going on during the day.
The food area was well oganized but I am not sure it would have passed a decent Environmental Health visit.
But , hey, who cared? Lampton Park was transformed into downtown Manila for a couple of days:xxgrinning--00xx3:
After my extensive walkabout, I rejoined my better half and together we started looking out for other members. I must admit that by then I was really enjoing the experience and looking forward to meet people.
My eagle-eyed spouse was the first to spot Judith, Mavid and Alicat, the last two with respective banas on tow. Judith hubby unfortunately had to work to earn the pennies for the asawa to spend....
We spent the most of the afternoon together, chatting, taking pictures, visiting the fun fair, etc.
Met Gracia and Trevor while returning to the main ground and we had a long chat. the suggestion was put forward for Keith to get some badges made up, for the members to buy and wear at such events, so that we can recognise each other a wee bit better, as most of us don't post a photo on the avatar. On the way back to re-join "Tita" we met BluebirdJones and his Asawa, but only because he recognised me and introduced himself.... So the badge idea is sound, I reckon....
We spent the last hour or so with "Tita" and friends, correction.... I spent the last hour or so, watching over their shopping while they all disappeared to watch the show....:cwm23:
We left at about 5 pm, we were tired by then and made our way home.
It was a brilliant day for us, thanks to the members that helped make it so. The weather held all day and infact we didn't hit rain until we were about 5 miles from home...:D
The decision has already been made that we will be going again next year and hope to meet more members there.

Florge
21st July 2009, 08:19
that's nice... hope to visit one soon...

Tawi2
21st July 2009, 09:50
The food was ok,but some of the caterers were Thai :icon_lol: I got my curry and a BBQ from one of them,the guy even let me turn his BBQ sticks :icon_lol:Florge,this weekend is Milton Keynes Fiesta,want to come?:Erm:

Florge
21st July 2009, 09:58
Tawi, sure. hehehe... my visa hasn't arrived yet... kadugay oi!

Alan
21st July 2009, 10:22
A nice read - thanks for that Dom. I wish I could have been there.

Al.:)

bornatbirth
21st July 2009, 10:32
my wife as read this,looks like we are going next year!

Jay&Zobel
21st July 2009, 11:09
Been here (UK) for almost 3 yrs now yet I haven't been to any!!! GRRRRRR...

Nice post Mod&(Jet)! Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

vbkelly
21st July 2009, 11:21
The food was ok,but some of the caterers were Thai :icon_lol: I got my curry and a BBQ from one of them,the guy even let me turn his BBQ sticks :icon_lol:Florge,this weekend is Milton Keynes Fiesta,want to come?:Erm:

hey tawi im confused with you where are you here PI or Uk?:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Louella
21st July 2009, 12:40
I was there last Sunday with my friends & we did have a good time over there watching Arnel Ignacio & Janno Gibbs. The food are all nice but noticed that they're quite dear. Halo-halo was £4.00. But apart from that we have a lovely time. We went to every tent & got some souviners they offered like pens & bags! It was my first time to go to a Filipino Fiesta here in UK & it was great!

Louella

adam&chryss
21st July 2009, 13:01
i just hope we can make it next year...

deckard97f
21st July 2009, 15:42
First time for us, my wife seemed to enjoy it, she kept winning loads of teddy bears for our 4 year old.:)

Have to say i thought the food was very expensive i paid £21 for two plates of food and a Halo-Halo.

A lot more people there than i thought would go.

Will go back next year though

Deck

JudyHon
21st July 2009, 16:25
My eagle-eyed spouse was the first to spot Judith, Mavid and Alicat, the last two with respective banas on tow. Judith hubby unfortunately had to work to earn the pennies for the asawa to spend....

Sounded great. Yeah I was a bit gutted that I couldn't go with my Mahal. St Petersburg is a fantastic city to work in, and the Vodka is £6/ litre here:D, but I would much rather be home with my Hon, and checking out the Fiesta. But I know Judy was in great company with her good friends from the Forum looking after her, and she won a bear in the raffle and had two lunches! :icon_lol::icon_lol:

Next year for sure.:)

LEAHnew
21st July 2009, 23:21
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Thanks for sharing Mod:)
same to chryss thought ...we hope we can make it next year:rolleyes:see yah:)