PDA

View Full Version : siopao dough easily breaks when frozen

siopao man
22nd July 2009, 08:02
hello guys!!!!!!!!!!\

i was hopin if anyone here could help me out on my problem. the thing is, everytime i make a siopao and store in a freezer for just 5 to 10 days, the dough easily breaks. could anyone here advise me on how or what additional ingredients i should add to maintain the good form of my siopao and be more presentable on market.

thanks a lot!!!!

hope i could here from you all soon!!!!

KeithD
22nd July 2009, 08:44
Don't freeze it!

Pretty sure any dough is difficult to freeze, hence frozen pizzas, pies, etc are already partly cooked.

Doh relies on the ingredients being bound together as tight as possible, but when you freeze it the water molecules expand and break it apart, so it is already falling apart before you defrost it.

Mrs Daddy
22nd July 2009, 09:40
Is it possible to freeze a partly cooked siopao and then cook it gain for few minutes Its just a thought as what Boss said about Pizza that they`re partly cook.I have never tried to freeze anyt Dough as I know it will not come out a good result.

Ping
22nd July 2009, 11:29
No, you have to cook it before freezing. Defrost it and reheat when you want to eat.

KeithD
22nd July 2009, 12:37
No, you have to cook it before freezing. Defrost it and reheat when you want to eat.
That's what I said but in a more technical way! :D

LadyJ
22nd July 2009, 12:54

This makes me understand easily.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's what I said but in a more technical way! :D

Boss why do it in a hard way?:icon_lol:

Ann07
22nd July 2009, 13:28

Same here Ate Ping:xxgrinning--00xx3: Nice info...

siopao man
23rd July 2009, 03:16
thanks guys.... i was hopin to get an answer from you on how will i maintain the good form of my dough even freezin it for a long time........ to tell you honestly.... it is my small business to supply siopao's. i just wanted to give a good quality and provide a better and more marketable item. Storing for me is very important to provide the demands of my customer...

Again..... i am hopin for your expertise advise.

thanks again guys.!!!