PDA

View Full Version : Question on documents for fiancee Visa

MarBell379
22nd July 2009, 14:52
Am I going to need to send the original of my Decree Absolute?
Ive already enclosed an original birth certificate and a number of original payslips / utility bills / bank statements etc.
I'm hesitant to send the original DA though as I know it can be very difficult to have these replaced.

Thanks

Bluebirdjones
22nd July 2009, 15:20
yes

Florge
22nd July 2009, 15:36
The checklist says that you will have to submit original and photocopies of all the documents that you will be submitting.

LadyJ
22nd July 2009, 15:57
Agreed with the others.

All documents must be in original.

Passport is one of the important document too, just like your Decree Absolute.

MarBell379
22nd July 2009, 16:08
Yeah, but do you know anyone who has submitted the original of their passport etc.
I'm the sponsor, not the applicant.

Bluebirdjones
22nd July 2009, 16:11
You do NOT have to submit the ORIGINAL

You can submit a photo-copy of the relevant pages of your passport,
but MUST BE endorsed by a solicitor

(FYI.. this is what I did. Got the visa with NO problems)

LadyJ
22nd July 2009, 16:14
Yeah, but do you know anyone who has submitted the original of their passport etc.
I'm the sponsor, not the applicant.

I see, if you're the sponsor they only need the copy of your passport about your decree absolute im not sure if they need the original or copy, but im pretty sure copy would be alright:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Bluebirdjones
22nd July 2009, 16:17
... you need to submit the ORIGINAL

.. as it has the OFFICIAL STAMP on it

LittleFingers
22nd July 2009, 20:54
Am I going to need to send the original of my Decree Absolute?
Ive already enclosed an original birth certificate and a number of original payslips / utility bills / bank statements etc.
I'm hesitant to send the original DA though as I know it can be very difficult to have these replaced.

Thanks

Hi - I got colour copies of the relevant pages of my passport and birth certificate certified by a policeman (cover letter and copies signed).
I wouldnt let my original birth cert or passport out of my sight!
Do you really need to see your DA again?
I was of the opinion that it was relatively easy to get a replacement copy of the DA for a couple of quid off the registry office?
(I'm fairly sure you need to send the original)

chubster
22nd July 2009, 23:06
point is...you will get it back anyway! ain't noone gonna steal:Rasp: it, noone wants it apart from you! :Rasp:

LEAHnew
22nd July 2009, 23:56
You do NOT have to submit the ORIGINAL

You can submit a photo-copy of the relevant pages of your passport,
but MUST BE endorsed by a solicitor

(FYI.. this is what I did. Got the visa with NO problems)

:xxgrinning--00xx3: I agree with Bluebird..we did same thing:)
I Submitted my fiance Decree Absolute original copy (with stamps) (he sent it via FedEx) and the VFS sent them back to me (via 2go courier) when I was granted visa, and I brought it back with me here in UK safely:D coz we will be needed for our coming wedding :D:xxgrinning--00xx3:

MarBell379
23rd July 2009, 10:51
Thanks to all. I'll send it off. I don't need it for anything other than this, I'm just sort of proud of it as its taken so long:Erm:
I'm just going through all the checklist now and double checking everything is up to date before I send another package.
Its been a couple of months since I originally put it all together so I need to add a few bits. Sooo much paper!