eljean
24th July 2009, 16:12
Chicken Afritada?
Menudo?
Tinola?
Litsong Manok?
Fried Chicken?
Sweet and Sour?
try search online loads of chicken recipe:)

pennybarry
24th July 2009, 16:15
I've run out of recipe/idea for my chicken thighs for dinner:cwm3:

Any idea except adobo:NoNo:

How about crispy chicken?

Just put ground pepper and salt. Leave for an hour or so.

Then make batter.
2 eggs
5 spoon of flour/corn flour
more pepper salt
milk 1/2 cup
Batihin mo sama sama sila pwera chicken lol.

dip chicken sa batter then fry it. hmmm yummy:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Jay&Zobel
24th July 2009, 19:43
I've run out of recipe/idea for my chicken thighs for dinner:cwm3:

Any idea except adobo:NoNo:

What did you have for dinner then Miss LadyJ?:D

KeithD
24th July 2009, 19:50
Fried :Erm:

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 19:59
What did you have for dinner then Miss LadyJ?:D

Fried :Erm:

I cooked eljean's tinolang manok and pennybary's fried chicken, it was yummy and my kids ate a lot:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:07
You should have cooked my Xtra-hot,fire-breathers spicy chicken curry :xxgrinning--00xx3:Then when your pans melted,and no one in your house could eat it you could have sent it to me because I am hungry at the minute :NoNo: But it sounds nice,if I close my eyes and imagine I can almost smell fried chicken :bigcry:Might have to go to KFC :ARsurrender:

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 20:12
You should have cooked my Xtra-hot,fire-breathers spicy chicken curry :xxgrinning--00xx3:Then when your pans melted,and no one in your house could eat it you could have sent it to me because I am hungry at the minute :NoNo: But it sounds nice,if I close my eyes and imagine I can almost smell fried chicken :bigcry:Might have to go to KFC :ARsurrender:

Hey Tawi2 are you in the Phils? May I ask your real name?:D

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:22
Why,to send me some chicken? :icon_lol: I am only joking,I am going to KFC in a short while,no,I am not in Pinas,I am here in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3: How was the food?

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 20:25
Why,to send me some chicken? :icon_lol: I am only joking,I am going to KFC in a short while,no,I am not in Pinas,I am here in UK :xxgrinning--00xx3: How was the food?

Oh i didn't saw your location: Surrey:icon_lol:

I was going to say go to Chowking:Rasp:

And you still haven't told me your name yet:cwm23::D

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:29
I would love to go to Chowking for their braised-beef :bigcry: Theres a 24 hour Chowking a short walk from del pilar street,I normally go there my first night in Manila to eat upstairs as I cant sleep and am always ravenously hungry but your chicken sounds better than that :xxgrinning--00xx3: Everyone just calls me Del(short for delinquent maybe?)or mack :)

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 20:34
I would love to go to Chowking for their braised-beef :bigcry: Theres a 24 hour Chowking a short walk from del pilar street,I normally go there my first night in Manila to eat upstairs as I cant sleep and am always ravenously hungry but your chicken sounds better than that :xxgrinning--00xx3: Everyone just calls me Del(short for delinquent maybe?)or mack :)

I love Chowking, I wish we have it in here:cwm3:

THe chicken i cooked? it was crunchy and very tasty just like KFC:xxgrinning--00xx3: (imagine...imagine..you're eating KFC:icon_lol:) I also used Mang Tomas Sauce, I dont know if you've tried that sauce before, but it was good combination:Rasp:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:37
My goodness,I am going to have to get a nice lady to cook me fried chicken :ARsurrender:(I prefer xtra hot chillie Thai dip) :Cuckoo:Or this is even nicer......Guinea fowl curry :cwm24: Its my dream food :ARsurrender:

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 20:42
My goodness,I am going to have to get a nice lady to cook me fried chicken :ARsurrender:(I prefer xtra hot chillie Thai dip) :Cuckoo:Or this is even nicer......Guinea fowl curry :cwm24: Its my dream food :ARsurrender:

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I love thai foods specially green thai curry..yummy

Guinea fowl curry

guinea? as in guinea pigs?:omg: :vomit-smiley-011:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:46
I get Thai red curry several nights a week,the green curry isnt so hot though I did have some a few days ago :xxgrinning--00xx3:Guinea fowl,its an african game-bird,a bit like pheasant,better taste than Pinoy native chicken :xxgrinning--00xx3:Not quite like guinea pig,but cavies or guinea pigs are a popular restaurant delicacy in Peru :icon_lol:

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 20:50
Now i learned something new:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alright then, go find a lady for u to cook that fried chicken now:icon_lol:

Im off to have a shower now as i'm smells of fried chicken:icon_lol:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 20:52
:xxgrinning--00xx3:Theres a lady in KFC who will cook me the chicken for the time being :xxgrinning--00xx3:Next time your in Tesco or M&S they sell guinea fowl,when your doing the stock for the curry add coconut milk(has to be tinned here)mana from heaven,Lammi kaayo :xxgrinning--00xx3:Or even masarap :icon_lol:

KeithD
24th July 2009, 21:17
..... and my kids ate a lot:xxgrinning--00xx3:

So you don't usually freed them much then? :Erm:

KeithD
24th July 2009, 21:18

guinea? as in guinea pigs?:omg: :vomit-smiley-011:
:cwm24: You could have warned me! I had to cover the screen so our little piggies couldn't read that :NoNo:

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 21:23
:cwm24: You could have warned me! I had to cover the screen so our little piggies couldn't read that :NoNo:

Hurry Keith its too windy outside bring your little piggies inside ur garden house:D:icon_lol:

KeithD
24th July 2009, 21:26
Hurry Keith its too windy outside....
That'll be all the beans they eat :rolleyes:

acs
24th July 2009, 21:37
I miss chicken tinola back home with papaya on it or sayote :bigcry: good thing though that there's kfc too here in Perth..where's tin :Erm: hehehe :Hellooo:
Tin i miss your chicken tinola sa malamig na panahon :Hellooo::BouncyHappy: Biro lang Tin. Tin cooks delicious foods i can vouch for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 21:40
I miss chicken tinola back home with papaya on it or sayote :bigcry: good thing though that there's kfc too here in Perth..where's tin :Erm: hehehe :Hellooo:
Tin i miss your chicken tinola sa malamig na panahon :Hellooo::BouncyHappy: Biro lang Tin. Tin cooks delicious foods i can vouch for that :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Has she got a twin sister,or even a not so twin sister?:Erm:In her 30's?Also likes to cook delicious food?:)

acs
24th July 2009, 21:44
Im sorry mr tawi i wasnt able to ask tin if she has :icon_lol: hope you find one though

LadyJ
24th July 2009, 21:49
Has she got a twin sister,or even a not so twin sister?:Erm:In her 30's?Also likes to cook delicious food?:)

:icon_lol:

Del this lady is available and can cook you nice fried chicken:D

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 21:50
Finding one has never been a problem :Erm:Its finding the right one thats difficult :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
24th July 2009, 21:53
She/He(cos its actually the tree man Dede from indonesia)looks absolutely lovely :) but I think I prefer tins twin sister :icon_lol:(If she hasnt got one then KFC for life I guess:cwm24:).

Pepe n Pilar
24th July 2009, 21:54
Chicken thighs for dinner.

Sprinkle carribean seasoning (Dunn's River). Bake it for 30 mins at 210 degrees (make sure the skin is crispy). Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies choices of (broccoli, cauliflower or courgettes). Serve with gravy sauce. Dissolve 2-3 tsps of chicken gravy granules in 1/2 cup boiling water, add the chicken juice then pour on top of the chicken. For special treat make some paxo sage & onion stuffings. Serve while hot.

Happy eating!:)

Jay&Zobel
24th July 2009, 22:53

Im sorry mr tawi i wasnt able to ask tin if she has :icon_lol: hope you find one though

Yep, Tin is such a lovely cook! hehe I learned lots of things from her :xxgrinning--00xx3:

----------

LadyJ,
WHy don't you make stir fry noodles with chicken? :xxgrinning--00xx3: Really good too! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
25th July 2009, 01:51
Dark beer marinated chicken thighs with onion jam.

Ingredients

* 1 tbsp English Mustard
* 1 tbsp treacle
* 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
* 1/2 Lemons, juice only
* 1 tsp Black peppercorns, crushed
* 1 tsp Salt
* 200ml brown ale or stout
* 4 cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
* 1 sprig Thyme, leaves plucked
* 1 small bunch Basil, chopped
* 4 Chicken thighs
* 100ml Olive oil
* mixed leaves, to serve

For the onion dressing and onion jam

* 3 Onions, peeled and thinly sliced
* 2 tbsp caster sugar
* 1 tsp Salt
* 2 tbsp Olive oil, plus more for dressing
* 100 ml water
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 Lemon, juice only

Method
1. Whisk the mustard, treacle, sugar, lemon juice, pepper and salt together in a bowl. Stir in the ale, garlic and herbs.

2. Slash the chicken thighs through to the bone in several places with a sharp knife. Place the thighs into the ale marinade and put in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight. Turn in the liquid from time to time.

3. While the chicken is marinating, make the onion dressing and onion jam; mix the onions with the caster sugar and salt, and leave to stand for about 4 hours.

4. Carefully strain off the onion juice and reserve.

5. Put the onions in a pan with the 2 tbsp of olive oil and 100ml of water. Cook gently to make a soft and pulpy jam. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

6. For the dressing, mix the onion juice with enough olive oil to make a dressing. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.

7. Heat a griddle pan or barbecue and preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Drain and dry the chicken pieces, brush with a little olive oil and cook on all sides until golden and branded. Place in the oven for about 10 minutes until cooked right through.

8. To serve, place a spoonful of the onion jam on each plate, top with two chicken thighs. Dress the mix of leaves and serve along side the thighs.

Al.:)

aromulus
25th July 2009, 07:48

.:)

:doh

Anything easier Al...????

Vegetable jam.......:Erm: Only the Brits.....:NoNo:

KeithD
25th July 2009, 08:51

....and you can't cook soldiers! :Erm:

pennybarry
25th July 2009, 10:26
I cooked eljean's tinolang manok and pennybary's fried chicken, it was yummy and my kids ate a lot:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I am please LJ:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I used to cook it for me on weekends. But I also make crispy chicken nuggets for my family here as they don't eat meat with bones. Only chicken breast and loin. But I like crispy chicken skin:BouncyHappy: