PDA

View Full Version : Singapore airlines baggage allowance?

Mrs Daddy
24th July 2009, 18:56
Guys,Is there any of you here fly with Singapore airlines?I had a peek from their website of how much is the baggage allowance and I found out that its only 20 kg:yikes: and my luggage is at least 40 kg and my handcarry is about 10 kg.I dont know how to get away with it :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:I remember back home I was alright with them but now I think as I have heard they`re a bit strict when it comes to this:NoNo:Oh dear:NoNo:have you got some experience similar to this please share it to me...:doh

miss.piggy
24th July 2009, 19:01
Guys,Is there any of you here fly with Singapore airlines?I had a peek from their website of how much is the baggage allowance and I found out that its only 20 kg:yikes: and my luggage is at least 40 kg and my handcarry is about 10 kg.I dont know how to get away with it :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:I remember back home I was alright with them but now I think as I have heard they`re a bit strict when it comes to this:NoNo:Oh dear:NoNo:have you got some experience similar to this please share it to me...:doh
Hello,

That's right, the luggage allowance is not much unfortunately. Definitely not enough to carry all your shopping goods specially from Pinas to here. If your luggage is 40kg, I doubt there's a way to avoid the charges.

Have a safe trip!

bornatbirth
24th July 2009, 19:04
what airlines have you used before to get away with 40kg?

anything over the limit you will get charged and go to heavy and they will get you to loose some to come under the limit,its a good idea to check the airline first?

miss.piggy
24th July 2009, 19:06

anything over the limit you will get charged and go to heavy and they will get you to loose some to come under the limit,its a good idea to check the airline first?
yeah,check the airline on how much it would cost per kg excess, and see if it's cheaper to just send your other stuff by courier!:)

Mrs Daddy
24th July 2009, 19:11
Hello,

That's right, the luggage allowance is not much unfortunately. Definitely not enough to carry all your shopping goods specially from Pinas to here. If your luggage is 40kg, I doubt there's a way to avoid the charges.

Have a safe trip!
I Hope I could get away with it:dohThanks though Miss.piggy!

Its Singapore airlines still.I think I have no option but to undo my luggage again:doh

yeah,check the airline on how much it would cost per kg excess, and see if it's cheaper to just send your other stuff by courier!:)
its USD22/kg its too expensive:doh

darren-b
24th July 2009, 19:13

I think Singapore airlines would charge $50/kg between the UK and Philippines - so would work out at ~£650 if you were over by 20kgs.

miss.piggy
24th July 2009, 19:16
I think Singapore airlines would charge $50/kg between the UK and Philippines - so would work out at ~£650 if you were over by 20kgs.
Goodness, DHL won't charge that much! :omg: And they'll deliver in 2 days!

bornatbirth
24th July 2009, 19:17
looks like you better repack them bags sadly,anything above 20kg upto 32kg will be charged?

why not fly first class?

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/before/plan/baggage_zonal.jsp??v=-2063665380&

KeithD
24th July 2009, 19:53
Airlines weights range from 18kg-23kg the higher one is usually USA flights. You get 40kg if you are Business/First class.

Hand luggage should not be over 7kg (some only allow 3kg!)

Send any presents via DHL

You don't have to take the :furious3: cooker! :doh

estherboaz
24th July 2009, 20:48

i always fly with Singapore Airlines. Your right about the baggage allowance. There was a time i exceeded up to 24 kilos and i was not charge.

Jay&Zobel
24th July 2009, 21:23
Yes dear Wheela, listen to them, it's not worth taking the risk. Anyway, when are you flying again? Have a safe trip & enjoy your holiday! Pasalubong forget not please hehe.

Mrs Daddy
25th July 2009, 10:47
Goodness, DHL won't charge that much! :omg: And they'll deliver in 2 days!
will they deliver in two days from here as well Ms.Piggy?

looks like you better repack them bags sadly,anything above 20kg upto 32kg will be charged?

why not fly first class?

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/before/plan/baggage_zonal.jsp??v=-2063665380&
Cant afford first class:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: why fly first class though when it same result,they still gonna take me to my destination.

Airlines weights range from 18kg-23kg the higher one is usually USA flights. You get 40kg if you are Business/First class.

Hand luggage should not be over 7kg (some only allow 3kg!)

Send any presents via DHL

You don't have to take the :furious3: cooker! :doh
I have to unpack again:NoNo:Filipino`s same to have the problem when it comes to flying:doh

i always fly with Singapore Airlines. Your right about the baggage allowance. There was a time i exceeded up to 24 kilos and i was not charge.
Oh dear from 40 kg to 20 I dont know how to do it:Brick::Brick::Brick:
Yes dear Wheela, listen to them, it's not worth taking the risk. Anyway, when are you flying again? Have a safe trip & enjoy your holiday! Pasalubong forget not please hehe.
I am living in mid august dear:Hellooo:

:yikes::yikes::yikes: I better be without my luggage than paying that amount:doh

KeithD
25th July 2009, 12:20
If you take me with you I can take one of your cases :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Mrs Daddy
25th July 2009, 12:22
If you take me with you I can take one of your cases :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You inside my case Boss:Erm::D:D:D

KeithD
25th July 2009, 13:12
You inside my case Boss:Erm::D:D:D
Who are you calling overweight? :icon_lol:

Mrs Daddy
25th July 2009, 13:19
Who are you calling overweight? :icon_lol:

:xxparty-smiley-004::D

miss.piggy
25th July 2009, 17:45
[QUOTE=Mrs Daddy;156959]will they deliver in two days from here as well Ms.Piggy?

I believe so. I've seen this company's website from this forum during the first few times I was just scanning through. They are called parcelmonkey. They are using DHL as their counterpart in the Philippines. They can do both imports and exports - so basically from and to the UK. I've just had a few stuff which came from the Philippines...2 big boxes and it cost me 203 pounds (VAT already included). They were collected Wednesday (Philippine time around 4pm) and I have them at my doorstep Friday at 10:30.

They say on the website that delivery will be from 2-4 days.

Mrs Daddy
25th July 2009, 18:22
I believe so. I've seen this company's website from this forum during the first few times I was just scanning through. They are called parcelmonkey. They are using DHL as their counterpart in the Philippines. They can do both imports and exports - so basically from and to the UK. I've just had a few stuff which came from the Philippines...2 big boxes and it cost me 203 pounds (VAT already included). They were collected Wednesday (Philippine time around 4pm) and I have them at my doorstep Friday at 10:30.

They say on the website that delivery will be from 2-4 days.

cheers:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
25th July 2009, 20:54

sis have chance to get away with it check in early thats what i did but, this time i already paid £200 for 2 jumbo box's and 2regular box's so im not over baggage.

scott&ligaya
25th July 2009, 22:29
Airlines like Kuwit, Ethiad and Emirates offer 30kg as standard see some of the travel agents adds in the Filipino newspapers eg PIC UK or Sky Lord

estherboaz
26th July 2009, 07:28
Airlines like Kuwit, Ethiad and Emirates offer 30kg as standard see some of the travel agents adds in the Filipino newspapers eg PIC UK or Sky Lord

kuwait airlines baggage allowance is 30 kgs but the services are not good.one example is delayed flight.

darren-b
26th July 2009, 07:38
kuwait airlines baggage allowance is 30 kgs but the services are not good.one example is delayed flight.

Their website quotes only 20 kgs for economy passengers. Though obviously you may be lucky and get allocated more on your ticket.

estherboaz
26th July 2009, 07:42
the additional 10 kgs is in the adds of travel agencies like PIC UK and Sky Lord.

darren-b
26th July 2009, 07:58
the additional 10 kgs is in the adds of travel agencies like PIC UK and Sky Lord.

So that's based on which travel agency you book through, rather than being a standard allowance.

estherboaz
26th July 2009, 08:03
So that's based on which travel agency you book through, rather than being a standard allowance.

actually thats only a bait so that you will book your travel with them.but of course the standard allowance set by the airline will be followed.

pennybarry
26th July 2009, 10:13
Your 10 kilos handcarry maybe too much Wheela. Make it 7 to be sure. Send bulilit box to Pinas as it's more cheaper. I used to send balikbayan box before I fly. Or buy pants/jacket with many pockets that will suit 3 kls:icon_lol:

I flew thru Emirates last year and I was allowed 30 kilos. Since I was the first one in the queue, they accepted my 33:D.

But I am confuse with my flight this year. I will fly thru British Airways and Cathay (Combination) Cathay allows 30kls but british Airways allows 20kls. My E- ticket shows 20kls BA and blank for Cathay. So I will prefer the 20kls.

KeithD
26th July 2009, 10:39
When on an International flight with different airlines the highest limit is the accepted one.

So if you go BMI-London and it is 18kg Max, then London-Singapore with Emirates and it is 30kg, then you are allowed 30kg on the BMI flight :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Are allowance on our last Vegas visit with US Airays was 40kg each, and 10kg hand luggage :cwm24:

scott&ligaya
26th July 2009, 12:10
Cathay now will do 30kg even through their own website for promotional flights

Mrs Daddy
26th July 2009, 13:28
Sadly I cant change my flight as its already been booked two months ago.I did send a balikbayan box as well two and a half months ago but still am over the limit:Brick::Brick::Brick:I had some inquiries for cheapest airline before hubby booked my flight and it was Etihad but you have to fly midningt and wait for your connecting flight approximately 6 hours and am not gonna do that.I dont wanna waste six hours in my life waiting for that:CompBuster:

Mrs Daddy
26th July 2009, 13:34
sis have chance to get away with it check in early thats what i did but, this time i already paid £200 for 2 jumbo box's and 2regular box's so im not over baggage.
I`ll try that then T bhing:)

Unfortunately its too late for that now!:bigcry::bigcry:

been once with this plane and you`re right service is not good:NoNo:

Their website quotes only 20 kgs for economy passengers. Though obviously you may be lucky and get allocated more on your ticket.
hopefully I maybe get lucky:doh

thanks!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

actually thats only a bait so that you will book your travel with them.but of course the standard allowance set by the airline will be followed.
Croos finger:doh

Your 10 kilos handcarry maybe too much Wheela. Make it 7 to be sure. Send bulilit box to Pinas as it's more cheaper. I used to send balikbayan box before I fly. Or buy pants/jacket with many pockets that will suit 3 kls:icon_lol:

I flew thru Emirates last year and I was allowed 30 kilos. Since I was the first one in the queue, they accepted my 33:D.

But I am confuse with my flight this year. I will fly thru British Airways and Cathay (Combination) Cathay allows 30kls but british Airways allows 20kls. My E- ticket shows 20kls BA and blank for Cathay. So I will prefer the 20kls.
Yes ate penny I will undo my handcarry as well:bigcry:

Cathay now will do 30kg even through their own website for promotional flights

never been on cathay before my other half prefered singapore ailrlines:bigcry:

Tiggers0608
26th July 2009, 13:46
hi , my friend is using a singapore airline too on nov going to the philippines but she said today she gets like 40Kgs for luggage and i didn't asked about the handcarry , maybe she didn't know the new luggage limit :Erm: oh boy it will be a problem for her as she already almost finished her shopping lol :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

and at KLM its only 20Kgs for luggage and handcarry are 12Kgs but only 1 handcarry is allowed. :doh:NoNo:

Mrs Daddy
26th July 2009, 13:49
trouble trouble like me:D:D:D better tell her then tiggers