PDA

View Full Version : Confused on Home Office web site

DavidArt
27th July 2009, 11:41
Hi all,

Have not posted here for months.

I got married to my wife from the Philippines about a a month ago. She arrived in the UK on the 23rd of March with a fiance visa. We are trying to get the necessary requirements for her to remain and work in the UK. May be some of you have had the same problems.

David

Kind regards to all :)

aromulus
27th July 2009, 14:29
Hi all,

Have not posted here for months.

I got married to my wife from the Philippines about a a month ago. She arrived in the UK on the 23rd of March with a fiance visa. We are trying to get the necessary requirements for her to remain and work in the UK. May be some of you have had the same problems.

David

Kind regards to all :)

If you have any specific questions, please ask.:Erm:

Tiggers0608
27th July 2009, 15:13
:Erm:

I'm confused, you got married in the philippines last month but she arrived in UK last 23rd of March .... :Erm: and you want her to stay in UK and work too.

:Erm: I guess she can change her status from fiancee to married ... :Erm: change the fiancee visa to FLR i guess, not an expert but try other members :rolleyes:

GaryFifer
27th July 2009, 15:35
Is it easier if you are already married to your mahal when she comes here? I am planning to do that. Marriage twice, I must be mad!

Fiancee visa has different conditions, because it is a visa with the intention to marry within a specific time.

Read the glossary of the home office website, because the legal terminology is a pain.

GLOSSARY OF MEANINGS (http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/glossary)

Further leave to remain

An extension of your existing permission to stay in the United Kingdom for a specified length of time.

Not forever. Just a bit of time at their discretion.

Indefinite leave to remain

Indefinite leave to remain (often known as ILR) is permission to stay permanently (settle) in the United Kingdom, free from immigration control.

Settling is what you aim for. Talk to classygirl I saw her thread she went through the process recently

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=17359

DavidArt
27th July 2009, 17:19
Do my wife need another visa to get employment? because she came here on a fiance visa and we got married last June. Do know the legal process for her to get employment? Do she need a work permit? or what? She is the one who is desperate to work.

GaryFifer
27th July 2009, 17:33
Do my wife need another visa to get employment? because she came here on a fiance visa and we got married last June. Do know the legal process for her to get employment? Do she need a work permit? or what? She is the one who is desperate to work.

Hi David did you speak to Classygirl?
You are at the stage of applying to stay now.The legal terminology is SETTLEMENT or ILR. you are applying to settle for good.

Stage 1-When your fiance, fiancee or proposed civil partner arrives in the United Kingdom, he or she will normally be granted permission to stay here for six months, but he/she must not work.

Stage 2- After you have married or registered your wife may apply to stay here. If we approve the application, we will give your wife permission to live and work here for two years.

Ignore all the civil partner stuff thats same-sex relationship. Miss it out the sentence when you read it.

About Partners (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/partnersandfamilies/partners/)

Can my fiance, fiancee or proposed civil partner live in the United Kingdom? (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/eligibility/partnersandchildren/fianceeorproposedcivilpartner/)

You would then apply for default settlement on Form SET(M) for married couple. Although there are many forms which could apply to you, so you could always ask. There could be circumstances listed on the site that apply to you.

Forms for applying for settlement (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/settlement/applicationtypes/)

darren-b
27th July 2009, 17:50

She needs to apply for FLR (not ILR)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukresidency/extendingyourstay/applicationtype/flr(m)/

Once she get her FLR visa she can work without any restrictions.

MarBell379
27th July 2009, 18:00
I can't help but think you'll need to get a move on with your application for FLR. Its normally around a 2 month waiting process as far as I understadn, and if your wife arrived on March 23, her fiancee visa must be getting close to expiring now.
Good luck. I'll be going through the same process very shortly. We'll be submitting the fiancee visa application tomorrow hopefully! :)

DavidArt
27th July 2009, 18:25
Thanks so very much for all your replies. They have all been very useful. I'm now in the process of downloading the (FLR) form.

Kind regards to you all

Bheng and David. :)

Mrs.JMajor
27th July 2009, 22:16
I can't help but think you'll need to get a move on with your application for FLR. Its normally around a 2 month waiting process as far as I understadn, and if your wife arrived on March 23, her fiancee visa must be getting close to expiring now.
Good luck. I'll be going through the same process very shortly. We'll be submitting the fiancee visa application tomorrow hopefully! :)

MarBell quite right, he notice the date your wife arrived, because if you gonna apply it by post, one member here wait for 2 months when the FLR visa arrived, and truthfully when you enquire Home Office (UKBA) +448706067766 the first question they will ask you is when is your wife visa end up, for sure her fiancee visa granted earlier than March 23, I'm afraid they will ask you to apply in person which cost a matter of 200 between post and apply in person

So, my advice call the UKBA home office immediately, Good luck :xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
28th July 2009, 10:57

hi DavidArt,

Darren is right ur wife needs to apply for FLR so she can stay in here for 2more years and can work with no restrictions.

If she came here last March 23 u still have at least a couple of months before her visa expires so make sure u submit her applications right away..:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Goodluck..